Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Hi CplBlakeman

You are talking about the Steam release in the US which is 26th of June.

According to:

http://www.gamershell.com/news_78816.html

And:

http://kotaku.com/5299714/got-game-bringing-arma-ii-boxed-copies-to-north-america

The Got Game The US publisher for ArmA II put the Disks on sale in US shops on the 7th of July. If it is anything like the UK you will need to preorder for the Disk version.

As it is the same simulation engine used to train and rehearse US Army troops, US Marines, US Special Forces and used by the US Secret Service to protect important people; somehow I think it will get a fare bit of publicity.

I wonder if the US President gets to play ArmA?

Kind Regards walker

Any proof of any of the major chains getting the disks? I haven't seen it offered for pre order here in the US at any of the major retailers.

Edited by CplBlakeman

I wonder if the US President gets to play ArmA?

Sure, like he's got nothing better to do :rolleyes:

He'd probably fail hard at it, since he never fought for his country, and thus doesn't have any war experience. :p

I dunno I've heard he's the most techy of all the Us presidents so far :D

Probably could learn it in a week or so :P

when the heck is Bohemia gonna release the game internationally?

i think Bohemia better buck up and improve because from the Europe version the game is still as buggy...and some people cant get a smooth FPS on their high-end machines...but better on the mid-end machines. WTF? this is the most serious bug by BI.

If BI continues to be this slack-ky, im afraid the other OFP2 game will beat them in sales.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75676

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

If BI continues to be this slack-ky, im afraid the other OFP2 game will beat them in sales.

Don't say evil things like that! Placebo sacrifices a kitten whenever you mention OFP2. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the international release was last week. US Steam release is tomorrow. International Steam release is on June 30th.

Edited by MadDogX

When is BI gonna release that damn Demo. Wasn't it supposed to be out monday or tuesday. i figure if you say you're gonna do something, you better acctually follow through with it, Geeez!

When is BI gonna release that damn Demo. Wasn't it supposed to be out monday or tuesday. i figure if you say you're gonna do something, you better acctually follow through with it, Geeez!

they released it last week you didn't see? Search for it you find it. :)

Wow......boy do i feel like an idiot now, sorry, i just figured it would be on the front page of their website. Thanks

This Saturday Zoog from TangoDown.nl will represent ArmA 2 at GameKings 'E3'-version here in Holland.

He has been asked by the Power Unlimited-magazine, who run GameKings, to do this.

Basically he's going to explain some stuff about the game as representitive of the Dutch tactical gaming community, afterwards people can play ArmA 2 on some demo stands :)

Strategy Informer has posted a review of Arma 2, with a score of 8.2....

8.3:cool: Surely deserves more, must be performance issues. Going to read it now.

Quote from review. "Bohemia Interactive has crafted an extraordinary simulation of modern war that is among the most immersive, atmospheric and technologically astounding games we’ve ever seen, and every occasion it breaks down is balanced out by an amazing moment that will have you recounting anecdotes to friends."

Surely with that statement alone it deserves more than 8.3

Edited by jmc007

It was not only a score of 9/10. It received the 'Excellence' status (almost perfect).

The reviewer saw behind the bugs and gave, naturally, the score that the game really deserves.

Great review.

Metecritic review here It contains links to seventeen other reviews for ArmaII.

*Quote:- "The fate of Chernarus is balanced on a razor's edge. [steam]"

Edited by jmc007

Strategy Informer has posted a review of Arma 2, with a score of 8.2....

Its so obvious that the game doesnt get "perfect" because of the bugs. Everyone likes the game but the bugs kinda ruins the perfect score.

I never trust these reviewer scores and im not going to start now.

I like the game but if you ask me its not 8/10 or 9/10 material.

Arma II is not a very polished game, the SP missions are basic and the campaign is riddled with bugs, its not a revolutionary game or a major leap from the first Arma either.

Still has colision detection problems, no physics anywhere to be found, no improved simulation of vehicles.. and many of the new features are scripted and bugged.

I think Armed Assault was bugged but it was a significant enough improvement over OPF to deserve a decent rating, Arma 2 on the other hand is more of the same but not even the game content is polished and the few improvements that can be found somehow managed to make it 3 times more demanding?

Like i said.. i like the game but its not there yet for me.

After having carefully checked out ArmA/ArmA 2 series, I noticed the huge increase of scripts use within the game (Just unpbo the main ArmA II files to notice the huge amount of sqs/sqf files).

Which was almost not the case with OFP, I wonder whether this is due to the fact that BIS hasn't got enough of time to hardcode the features they wanted to implement or maybe there are some other reasons we will probably never know.

The problem is that having multiple scripts running simultaneously may cause some huge FPS drops, even if they are .sqf (as the .sqs is kind of outdated).

Another thing that is slightly disturbing is that some features are still hardcoded (within the .exe), and therefore, you can't modifie them such as the default blood splash which appears randomly.

6 years and I'm trying to figure out how to make it appear almost everytime by making it less random and I always had to hijack BIS default blood splash by following a scripted Blood Fx.

It's still unfortunately the case, I just hope BIS codes put the whole definitions within the Cfgcloudlets and not just a little part of it (which is useless by the way).

Regards,

TB

Yep eurogamer review was in with the seventeen reviews I already posted in the metacritic link; highest being the 92 from GamingXP. here This one is in German like the Eurogamer one.

Metacritic review link here ;) It contains links to seventeen other reviews for ArmaII.

Edited by jmc007