Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Tiscali is just mad because their bad preview/review didn't affect other more sensible and professional reviewers. These people should find another job ; they're pathetic.

maybe some of the tiscaly guys are working on a competing games company on the side? :D And they do everything to bad mouth Bis.

I mean its just one reviewer really, in the end I'll make my own decision if the game is good or not but all the previews both the positive and less positive ones and user talk has sure made me hyped enough to buy the game first and a new computer later :D

Most of the reviews of the "Germany" release have about 12% lower scores than the "World" release. 12% in just one patch, nice going BIS! :cool:

Every game that is released has bugs in it. Reviewers are just so used to small, restricted games that they don't really notice them due to the severance to which everything has been laid out for them, like doing a balancing act on a rope, the only way you can go is forward or backwards, while the problems due to the magnitude of BIS games are bound to be larger. The more you aim for, the more that can (and will) go wrong (initially anyway).

And Gamestar and Tiscali are known haters, so meh.

Here's a french review;

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00011034-arma-ii-test.htm

Graphics: 16/20 = 80%

Gameplay: 15/20 = 75%

Longevity: 17/20 = 85%

Sounds: 18/20 = 90%

Story: 16/20 = 80%

Overall: 16/20 = 80%

Players note: 17/20 = 85%

I don't know if it was tested before or after 1.02

They basically says its a hardcore milsim and need some bug fixing but have very great potential and is the ultimate sandbox for virtual warriors.

Edited by Skodz

Good scores. The critics are MANY bugs in campaign mode, hope BIS sort them out soon.

Tiscali Games strikes again, this times an article about the mark ArmA II received.

They wrote something like they suspect BIS form paying the recensors for receiving a more positive mark to raise the sales...

http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=33329&r=top

bla bla bla tiscali...

Tiscali lose all credibility there.

The highest scores have come from user reviews (ie players). Do they think BIS bribed everyone who bought the game?

Seriously Tiscali is digging themselves a grave.

So the game they gave a bad review is now a huge success and they can't stand it? I don't know, this makes little sense to me. Seems like there is something personal behind it.

I'm just going by the quote though, can't read Czech myself.

Most of the reviewers could see behind the bugs and see that ARMA II has a lot of potential and with the bugs solved will be something really different that we are used nowadays, and praised BIS work. Whilst the Czech Tiscali and some german reviewers could only see bugs and bugs.

Yup, on alphabetized lists Arma will always be first :cool:

Dammit, I lol'd.

Finally, at last Arma2 has made it into the top 10 on gamespots list:

arma2list.jpg

I swear gamespot has barely even looked into Arma2.

Why do you focus so much on mainstream gamesites with no credibility like gayspot or IGNorance?

Because they sell games, and we care for BIS future for the simple fact that :

Good sales = + support for Arma 2 + quality expansions + incentive to keep up the good work...

Edited by EricM

Where are Gamespot, Gametrailers and IGN video reviews of this game?

They are probably holding out until the game is in the shop of their target audience or something in that regard.

Yup, on alphabetized lists Arma will always be first :cool:

Hence the wink :)

Another test, ARMAII gets a descent score

http://www.clubic.com/test-jeux-vide...-0-arma-2.html

It basicaly says : Buy it in a couple of months when it's in better shape (too many bugs left at the moment even with 1.02). Good fun and potential though.

Edited by EricM
typo

on news page of Level magazine is answer on the Tiscali Games accuse from theirs previous general editor (which led the team when ArmA 2 review was published)

strictly denied any TG claims

http://www.level.cz/default.asp?page=news

reviewer wanted first give 8/10 and then decided for 7/10 ...

Hi all

ArmA II has entered the UK PC software charts at number 2. With just 2 days of sales! ArmA was released on Friday the 19th of June and the chart runs Sunday to Saturday each week. As you can see this one is week ending 20th of June.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110022

Chart-Track monitors sales of music, videos and software through retail outlets in the UK and Ireland.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Neat, surprisingly good sales, and i was already fearing that the german version broke ArmA2s neck with all the extremely bad ratings.

Arma 2 the sleeper hit of 2009? :D

Nice that it sells this good, then Bis can make more Arma 2 stuff like patches and exp. packs :)

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared/Practice/

I'm excited for the game to come out here in the US, but at the very same time disappointed by the mixed reviews it's getting for performance-related issues.

I have built and invested in the PC that I have to play games like this, and yet, it doesn't seem that the game is being optimized to utilize my machine. However, I don't want to completely slam the developers yet, until I've tried it out for myself on my own rig.

But I will say this: if my machine can't handle this game at high settings, especially considering all BIS really had to do was evolve the engine they already have built and tested on multiple past iterations over the years, then there's really no ultimatum that I can offer at this point because I'll still think in theory they've built a cool product, but I'll just be really unhappy. :smash:

I really want to believe BIS when they say they've optimized for multi-core CPUs, and improved performance... but I guess we'll just have to see!

Oh, and for my PC specs:

Core i7 @ 2.67, Monsoon 3 heat sync/fan, 6 Gigs DDR 3 Corsair Dominator @1600 mHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe, dual NVIDIA 8800GTX in SLI, dedicated gaming WD Raptor 10k RPM, TrackIR 4 Pro, Turtle Beach 5.1 headphones, Logitech G15 keyboard / G5 mouse, Vista Ultimate

And for comparison:

- In Crysis, at least 60FPS on MAX settings in most complex scenes

- In Far Cry 2, at least 60FPS on MAX settings in most complex scenes

- In ArmA 1, 20 - 50 FPS on high settings in most complex scenes

I really want to believe BIS when they say they've optimized for multi-core CPUs, and improved performance... but I guess we'll just have to see!

Theres no doubt they have. Arma mark test reports confirms it. However, you may find the game for some reason does not like your computer and decides to protest by being really slow.