Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

That's just awesome. If that's not Berghoff then he sounds identical to him. It's quite the nod to OFP fans. :D

I know this might not be the right thread to post this but....

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 10 in PC & Video Games

Good news. It's selling well.

I know this might not be the right thread to post this but....

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 10 in PC & Video Games

Good news. It's selling well.

Hi all

Now at No. 5 in the charts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_al_bw_srch?%5Fencoding=UTF8&rh=n%3A%21676427011&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1W3S5G4W0064JBWHNRPY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=469356093&pf_rd_i=300729

Going up quick

Kind Regards walker

They have just said that Arma 2 is the most eagerly awaited multiplayer game on News 24 in an article about user passwords, so thats nice.

They have just said that Arma 2 is the most eagerly awaited multiplayer game on News 24 in an article about user passwords, so thats nice.

Just caught something on BBC news 24 about online gaming accounts being stolen to access bank details, as the camera panned around the room couple of the guys were playing arma II. :)

The cheesy ( :D ) launch trailer is on the biggest Machinima channel.

THe PC Games, the mag that caused some irritation just before the release of ArmA2 in Germany, rated the game with 64%.

The interesting story is that the avarage PCG user rating is at 89% which shows in my opinion quite well that the PCG rating is far from being objective.

My bet goes to a bunch of offended writers (PC Action is written in the same house) who are angry of beeing called back by Morphicon after publishing the bug warning two days too early...

Well Gamestar rating was similar but as i said before i dont know where they get this from.

68% ?

In 1.01xx the game still wasnt perfect but it already offered fun for hours and for me was at least a 80% game with potential to gain a good few % with the patches.

Main reason for the bad rating were bugs in the missions and campaign it seems, guess that explains high ratings of Gothic3 or Stalker.

For Gothic 3 they even had a video showing numerous bugs which makes your eyes go wide if you look at the rating they gave the game still.

And Stalker, loved the first hours of it so much but in 1.00 it was extreme hard to do tasks in the exact right way to trigger the right missions to go on... guess im not the only one who didnt find the USB stick few times or where "Mole" just didnt want to follw you... out of 5 attempts 3times i couldnt finish the game... not 90% material for me especialyl if similar probs lead to a 68% for ArmA2.

Very very weird ratings, well seems the game will go well international which is great for BIS and also for us if it brings new blood in here and into the mod teams.

But hey BIS, for ArmA3 please dont use Morphicon again ;)

Hi all

According to the BBC ArmA II is the most eagerly awaited game of the summer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8110523.stm

In this news item about the growing menace of identity fraud.

Do not give your Game IDs to anyone

Do not use the same passwords in public environments like forums and games as you use for your email and bank accounts; use a bank that offers a chip-and-pin card reader system for best security.

Stay away from Pirate Software and cheat programs and their forums, they are targeted for Trojans as well as being run by those that can steal you personal data.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

ArmA2 on BBC news, that is pretty cool. :D

Posts deleted, 1.02 is not press coverage.

Stumbled across a Virgin Media review. I was quite surprised by how long and in depth the review was.

Score: 4/5

http://www.virginmedia.com/games/pc/reviews/review.php?storyid=39493329

It’s the antithesis of a linear experience like CoD 4, and as a result you’ll need a hell of a lot of patience and dedication to beat the level.

The reviewer uses the term 'level' but it's the context of a mission they're describing.

For what it's worth, Red Harvest boasts a fairly decent plot that approaches war in an intelligent manner while still finding room for plenty of explosive hijinx. The game certainly doesn’t shirk away from the darkness or moral ambiguity of armed conflict, and while the plot branches in a few key areas there isn’t really a good or bad path to take – you make your decisions based on your instincts, and then later on you deal with the consequences.
Elsewhere the game serves up a decent array of thumping rock tunes and sombre orchestral pieces that nicely complement the mood of the game, while the sound effects for weapons and vehicles are largely very impressive. You can actually hear when someone’s taking potshots at you, and trust me when I say that it’s damned scary.

Make no mistake, ArmA II is most certainly a hardcore title. Aside from the technical issues I’ve mentioned, its biggest problem is simply its own nature: it’s massively in-depth, and that will always be off-putting to some people. Could BIS have made it more accessible? Perhaps, but at the same time I’d much rather have an ambitious game like this, even with its obvious flaws, than a simpler experience that dumbs down to its audience.

It is a game that makes you work for your fun, and that asks you to overlook a good deal of awkwardness, as well as a fair few technical hiccups – though I am sure that these will be sorted with future patches. If, however, you have the perseverance to stick with the game through thick and thin, to learn its ropes and to immerse yourself in all it has to offer, then ArmA II will last you for years.

you can have up to 50 participants fighting over the entire map – each of them controlling their own battalions of troops and vehicles.

50 battalions seems like a little overstatement though, don't you think?

I think he mixed up battalions with platoons. But even just platoons would put a large straint on the game. 50 x 50 = 2500 AI.

Why all the hatred from this Czech website ? Did someone at BIS messed with their girlfriend? They should be somehow proud to see a fellow czech company attempt something so ambitious and succeed even moderately in their attempt...

Can't they understand that :

- Though buggy, NO other review ever had as bad looking screens as theirs (even the harsh german critics had some good points and nice screenies about the game).

- Though buggy, some people might like it for it's shear potential and freedom ?

- It's not as buggy as it was, and the two quick patches have already fixed a lot

- It's gorgeous, sounds good and runs OK on middle-range rigs most of the time

Aren't they risking a libel case by publishing unsubstantiated crap like this?

Tiscali guys have a serious problem... they act as if they are kind of frustrated.

You can't suspect anyone if you have no prove behind, and behaving in the way they do it, they not only make BIS look bad, but they also make the issue between both companies worse...

Regards,

TB

ANother review. Kinda in dark shadows this one. Just accidentally found it:

http://videogamereign.com/pc-gaming/armed-assault-2-review

They call it armed assault 2 and gave

Gameplay: 6.5 :rolleyes:

Graphics: 8.5

Sound: 8.5

Fun: 8.0

Overall: 7.7

PS. whoa: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/arma2?q=arma 79 is neat!

Edited by Raphier

Tiscali Games strikes again, this times an article about the mark ArmA II received.

They wrote something like they suspect BIS form paying the recensors for receiving a more positive mark to raise the sales...

http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=33329&r=top

bla bla bla tiscali...

Well, from the first preview, I pretty much figured their perspective on this sort of game was not mine. Thanks for the link and investigation Derk Yall, but I won't be clicking to visit their site anymore.