Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Isn't that one of the "resistance" factions he's shooting? The fool probably didn't set them hostile to Blufor.

Sure...that´s why the crosshair shows a red enemy signature...

Even if they were friendly they would turn hostile if you shoot some of them because of the negative rating you get.

Imo the building itself has a problem like the AI can´t "see" within it. This was about to be witnessed in Arma aswell when you placed units on balconies for example.

I feel sad for BIS... All this hardwork for this... it must be SO frustrating.

I consider myself a fanboy, but you can't deny the obvious buggyness of the German Release, especially in the campaign, which astounds me given the time they spent on it and the beta testing. As a regular buyer, I would be really pissed to see that some basic elements of the game are broken out of the box and need patching. Some people don't download patches...

Marek's comments about the "bugs not killing the whole game" is worrying as well, it's somehow confirming all the bad things Games.de said about their version.

This bad press will certainly hurt sells, as Germany (+Austria+Switzerland) is a major market for Arma. I really feel against Morphicon for pulling such a stunt on the early release.

I know the game will be awsome someday (Arma 1 is already and it's half what Arma 2 can be), and I truly hope the 505 release will be playable out of the box (including campaign) so that reviews (and sales) from the rest of the world will be much better and compensate this hard blow.

It's sad as well from the reviewer to only concentrate on the bugs. This game has so much to offer... It cannot be THAT wrong on every level...

It should have been an awsome day, it's just a sad one. Looking forward to '505 day'

Different sales dates should be for regional phasing purposes. Not for developing the game for another month. 505 will be coming out in 2 wks and game cannot take a 180 tun in that time. It is a matter of contract date obligations & developing. Seems BIS needed a bit more time to polish and fine tune but was not able to due to penalties, or not to breach the contract.

Wish they've added a contingency despite OFP:DR's false marketing trying to push BIS to an immature release.

Different sales dates should be for regional phasing purposes. Not for developing the game for another month. 505 will be coming out in 2 wks and game cannot take a 180 tun in that time. It is a matter of contract date obligations & developing. Seems BIS needed a bit more time to polish and fine tune but was not able to due to penalties, or not to breach the contract.

Wish they've added a contingency despite OFP:DR's false marketing trying to push BIS to an immature release.

I guess if you think in that sense, CM strategy is working, if it is a ploy by CM to hurt ARMA2 sales and reputation...

or maybe it's just a coincidence... I was just playing with conspiracy theory here.. hehe

Even though I bought the game yesterday and I'm glad I did, I completely agree with you. I will never understand why Morphicon wanted to release it so soon. It just doesn't make sense.

From what I can tell, the game doesn't need much more polishing. There are a couple of oversights in the campaign and missions that need to be fixed, the AI has some bugs, some features are not fully implemented... but on the whole it's still a blast. With a few more weeks of polish (i.e. 505 release) Arma2 could, in my honest opinion, be game of the year.

Hopefully the game will be great out of the box with the 505 release. The game looks great, sounds great, but if the AI and bugs ruins it, its pretty sad to see such a great game go to waste.

Hopefully the game will be great out of the box with the 505 release. The game looks great, sounds great, but if the AI and bugs ruins it, its pretty sad to see such a great game go to waste.

you make it sound like it is an utter failure... in my view it is not. it is still a blast. it's playable. madDogx bought the game and played the game and he's having fun with it... not perfect, but not total failure either...

Does anyone know when the demo will come out? I can't help crying when reading the first impressions of whose people who have already had the game. Personally I'd like to have my own impressions at the same time, I mean right now! As far as remember it'was said that the public demo would go with German release together...

Sorry for my bad English I hope you guys understand what I am asking about!

Edited by dkd

Does anyone know when the demo will come out? I can't help crying when reading the first impressions of whose people who have already had the game. As far as remember it'was said that the public demo would go with German release together...

The latest I heard was "before the 505 release", which is on June 19th. So it could be out today, or in two weeks... only BIS knows for sure. ;)

I will never understand why Morphicon wanted to release it so soon. It just doesn't make sense.

It is highly possible that Morphicon made whole sale deals with the stores and thus had a delivery date obligation to them as well. They would face consequences if they were not able to supply by the beginning of the week to be shelved by 29th. They therefore pushed BIS for a playable gold version.

The problem is, always, with the developer being late at finalizing the game. Tbh a game this complex gets never finalized but is always in WIP or development & optimization.

It is obvious that none of the FPSs come close to doing 1/3rd of what Arma2 can and reviewers should keep that in mind. At least we don't have "Pre-programmed AI" :D which comes around the same corner at exactly the same moment on your 1000th replay.

It is obvious that none of the FPSs come close to doing 1/3rd of what Arma2 can and reviewers should keep that in mind. At least we don't have "Pre-programmed AI" :D which comes around the same corner at exactly the same moment on your 1000th replay.

So true. Reminds me of how I beat COD4 on Expert difficulty... it was less about skill and more about memorizing enemy positions and behaviour, as they were the same every time. Pathetic excuse for AI.

EDIT: About Morphicon, sounds like they shot themselves in the foot and dragged BIS along with them. If it's Morphicon again for the next game, I'm gonna cry...

Even though I bought the game yesterday and I'm glad I did, I completely agree with you. I will never understand why Morphicon wanted to release it so soon. It just doesn't make sense.

From what I can tell, the game doesn't need much more polishing. There are a couple of oversights in the campaign and missions that need to be fixed, the AI has some bugs, some features are not fully implemented... but on the whole it's still a blast. With a few more weeks of polish (i.e. 505 release) Arma2 could, in my honest opinion, be game of the year.

Amen, first game in a long time that made me look at my watch in the mid of the night and think "ZOMG! I need to work tomorrow!" :D

Lulz, negative reviews. I knew that the game would sink or swim on its AI.

Honestly though, the press could give it a rating of negative 10 centillion and I'd still buy it. What else comes close?

I knew that ArmA II would have bugs, and I was always going to buy it even if it did. But, there was a small glimmer of hope that perhaps it would be better than I had expected. That's still to be seen, as I'm holding for the 505 Games release, but the current German release has shown it's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'm not disappointed, I still think I'm going to love the game. I just hope that, at the least, the AI not reacting to you bug is quickly squashed. I can't wait for the demo, and the 505 Games release. :D

well the thing is, dispite the bugs that that german review talked about, almost all the other first impressions of the game in general have been praising the game.

So much to say, that BIS have now got 2 lots of my cash, because not only have i ordered the 505 english version, but i just ordered the german download version ( thank god for google translate xD)

Does anyone know when the demo will come out? I can't help crying when reading the first impressions of whose people who have already had the game. Personally I'd like to have my own impressions at the same time, I mean right now! As far as remember it'was said that the public demo would go with German release together...

Placebo said a demo version of ArmA II will be released this or next week.

I'm waiting for it aswell, and I hope that the demo has also been patched up with the betapatch.. anywayz, we'll see how good/bad it runs then :)

Your english is pretty good, so no worries about that ;)

I want demo this week ... next week its too late

I want demo this week ... next week its too late

:confused:

Did I miss an announcement for the end of the world or something? Have they arrived?

:confused:

Did I miss an announcement for the end of the world or something? Have they arrived?

Yes, yes it has been announced! Aliens with a doomsday device!

Now quickly, bring us the demo on a silver plate before it all ends!:)

I thought the demo was already released in German. I mean ArmA 2 version 1.01..

Maybe it was a dream :p

Anyway.. i want my "demo" in Portugal stores too, please.

Doomsday arrive soon than you think ;)

LOL. I actually am suprised at all the good feedback despite the bugs. Not sure if its the maturity of the forums dwellers, the familiarity from OFP and ARMA1 or just that its a great game. Im guessings all of the above. Keep up the info guys!

BIS should have kept the pression over Morphicon, after all, it's BIS the DEV, and for those who think that only Morphicon can maintain a pressure on GAME DEV, believe me it's wrong.

Developpers have their word to say and I blame BIS for not having grabbed their chance as a whole to slightly delay the german release.

And what about letting know 'reviewers' about the imminent release of the upcoming hotfix/patch?

This will avoid the establishment of a 'bad image' of the game.

Regards,

TB

GameStar TV is covering ArmA 2 right now: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=10&pk=12297

- it's a catastrophe, a Beta version at best

- should have been tested at least another 6 months

- many things simply aren't working

- AI can't handle what it's supposed to do

- air support not working; doesn't attack enemies

- units don't work as a team; individuals are stupid

- AI can see through (several) buildings and report units

- assistance system doesn't work properly, orientation is bad

- game is not realistic, not finished at all

- patches may need more work than what has gone into the game

- lack of animations

- bad physics, damage system