Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

If what Honza (Ohara) is saying above is true then it's an even worse reflection on this "magazine".

Yes, you are right :D

We all remember the shape Arma1 was published in... :j:

Arma1 was one of the few games that was almost unplayable out of the box, and even with patches it never turned out to be the game it was supposed be.

I presume quite a few others fear history is going to repeat itself.

Yet all the previews so far reported that the game isn't buggy. OH SNAP.

The previews from community members themselves was positive and if the game was as horribly bugged as the magazine is making us think it is I think it would show in the preview versions too.

I suspect that it's the magazine themselves that screwed things up, or were given a bad DVD or the instalation method wasn't proper. In any case, they showed unprofesionalism by posting an article before investigating what could be wrong and contacting BIS for more information.

not really, they had a fresh goldmaster install and even had bugs in the installer.

If the installer was giving them errors that's even more of a clue that something went wrong during the instalation! Could be a faulty DVD.

Journalism my ass.

Edited by MehMan

not really, they had a fresh goldmaster install and even had bugs in the installer.

If they really did install the game over the old preview version, that would explain those problems too.

Could be a case of the fact that the game itself is ok, but what has happen is that corruption has occoured during the gold master process? i say this because after reading the press event article from the guys at armaholic.com and then readin the translation about the bugs and the apprent bugged installer, its seems that that could be the cause of the problem.

I've seen many "big" games magazines make unfair reviews. I remember one article, I think it was PCgames where they called X3: Terran Conflict a buggy mess and a horrible "space shooter", never mind that it is an economy simulator.

:rolleyes: its always great when a game gets reviewed by a reviewer who hates a certain type game xD Ive seen it happen many times with online reviews and a few american mags.

If what Honza (Ohara) is saying above is true then it's an even worse reflection on this "magazine".

well if thats the case then the correct response would be very simple:

*spoiler ahead*

Sue them! Get a big sum of money from them, kick them out of the business and kiss their ass good bye!

:681:

As said, in some areas the German build is available at stores from now on. Guess there will be further reports to see what is an error caused by such a crappy installation or what is really a bugging bug.

I suspect that it's the magazine themselves that screwed things up, or were given a bad DVD or the instalation method wasn't proper. In any case, they showed unprofesionalism by posting an article before investigating what could be wrong and contacting BIS for more information.

If they had bugs in the installer that's even more of a clue that something went wrong during instalation!

Journalism my ass.

+1

So true...bugs they report are way too bad to be true...they must have sensed something was wrong. They must have contacted Morphicon & BIS is they had some business ethics and mercy.

Edited by Cross

please ask your bosses/devs to setup an official bug tracker, so we are able to help with fixing and finding bugs.

When ArmA2 is released the ArmA2 troubleshooting forum will be created where bugs can be reported.

anyone seen it awailible for download yet? ( store download ofcourse )

there is to many bugs that will be true. I disbelieve

Think Ill wait with joining the hysteria until we have more sources on this. The majority of this fan base acts like heroin addicts, heavy ups and heavy downs for the smallest things.

When ArmA2 is released the ArmA2 troubleshooting forum will be created where bugs can be reported.

yea but all you ll be able to read is cry posts not a serious wiki to report bugs and categorize them, i know what im talking about, im a QA tester for a big company, so please ask them to setup a wiki with proper bug reporting tools.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73076

We need an official bugtracker tool to report the bugs we find in the german version, this will help BIS or the community to fix the horrible exisiting bugs.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1290266#post1290266

Wanted to add some general bug reporting directives that could potentially make the reports more useful; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cis

:yay:

Horn, one of the testers at PCG, stated, that he had a fresh install. :rolleyes:

Still, if you in fact receive error messages during installation I think it's more or less self explanatory that there may be something wrong with the installer and that any weird errors or bugs in game may be caused by this. I mean, if the installer won't unpack all of the files, or corrupts file, or whatever, of course you will have problems when playing.

i know this page mate and you guys do an awesome job, but sadly its nothing official and i fear that the BIS dev dont use your wiki as a source.
Heya. BIS has never provided an official Bug Reporting site, als not for ArmA1.

They did support Boecko's initative for a long time though.

The last message I remember from the BI Dev is that a similair endevour could be useful for ArmA2.

We can make that happen :) All we need is useful reports and the rest comes by itself :)

yea but all you ll be able to read is cry posts not a serious wiki to report bugs and categorize them, i know what im talking about, im a QA tester for a big company, so please ask them to setup a wiki with proper bug reporting tools.

Well if you are a QA from a big company then surely you will understand human factors, the "swiss cheese" model, the "dirty dozen", so and so?:j:

Wait till real Arma2 players will storm this forum - moaning (typical for most germans) and praising.

Btw will there be an Arma2 Gold version incl. upgrades, patches, campaigns, xmas gift etc in december ? :xmas_o:

Yep, let's wait what others will report.

Simple way to promote the Dev-Heaven bugtracker so the devs see it:

- Make a detailed report including RPT and DxDiag to the bugtracker.

- Report your problem in the troubleshooting thread.

- Include a link to your issue on the bugtracker.

:)

Anyway, the more I think about the report, the more it stinks. They got errors during the installation but went on to play it anyway? And then they go right ahead and write an article about bugs and missing files?

Let's consider this for a moment: install errors -> missing file popups... Maybe some files are actually missing because of the install errors. Why didn't they put 2 and 2 together and make the connection?

Horn, one of the testers at PCG, stated, that he had a fresh install. :rolleyes:

Right, i also would wonder if Robert is so stupid...

Robert Horn is a private OFP1 and Arma1 player/fan since day one - hell he event tested Arma1 Mods and suggested them in the Magazine in various issues (Hellenic mod was one of it).

I agree that it was very unprofessional for them to release a pre-review chunk, 2 days before allowed for a full review, but i can understand this guy.

I think this "Article" was some sort of Warning "from a Fan to the other Fans out there".

As a Fan/Addict i would also explode and never stop cursing here if one gives me my Drug in a bad/impure quality.

For the Bug-Reporting Issue:

Forum topics will suck very much and will only lead to many cluttered, non professional posts and result in a chaos for the developers.

Only a Bug-Tracker can solve this.

Either BIS installs the Projct Tools addon for Vbulletin like we had in ACE, or we use DEV-Heaven as the community to report bugs.

Like Sickboy said, if we all stand strong together on this issue and reporting our bugs only in the dev-heaven tracker, the Devs have no other choice than to accept it and read the stuff from there.

Anyway, the more I think about the report, the more it stinks. They got errors during the installation but went on to play it anyway? And then they go right ahead and write an article about bugs and missing files?

Let's consider this for a moment: install errors -> missing file popups... Maybe some files are actually missing because of the install errors. Why didn't they put 2 and 2 together and make the connection?

Indeed, they sure wrote that bashing article fast.