Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I'm pretty sure South Africa will get it on 505 dates, ARMA was, surely Aus/NZ is also 505 Territory.

1 week EARLIER? :yay:

Might it be very 'un-buggy' ?

:eek:

France : TBA

Wtf !

where did you found this information ? source ?

Chill chill chill, nobody is saying you cant import it...

No need to go on a shooting rampage through your school...

I'm pretty sure South Africa

Where you got that information from

France = Europe = 505. No worries. 19th woot woot.

505 Europe release is english language as well. US? Buy online if it itches too hard - and it will - you know it. :D

Hi all

Another rave review article in Worth Playing

...revolutionary "dynamic conversation system"...
...true environment master piece...
... ultimate next-gen AI: no scripts, no predefined pathways, and no repetitive gameplay...

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62652

Follow the link to read the full article

ArmA II is setting up to be a mega success. :yay:

Kind Regards walker

Is it a review? I can't see the reviewers name anywhere. It just says 'Posted on Monday, May 18 @ 08:59:52 PDT'

Sounds a lot more like a technical sales 'blurb' than a persons subjective experience.

:(

If it IS a list of details gained from their hands-on time, then OHYEAH!!

Thats completely a copy/paste from the press material, not a review.

How do you figure that? Its just the presskit(s) taken directly from Arma2's website.

What really shocks me is that the game is less than a month a way for many countries and yet theres still no publisher for the rest of us. It'll be 1 week before release before we know at this rate.. Knowing the release date here in the states (or anywhere else) with only 4-5 weeks left would really be a key point in any discussion in word-of-mouth advertising.. "Whens it come out?" Is always asked, and when you say "I don't know", then magically it comes out only a few weeks later.. I just don't get it.

Edited by Victor

Hi all

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62652

Follow the link to read the full article

ArmA II is setting up to be a mega success. :yay:

Kind Regards walker

Dude, with such ArmA II forum experience you should know that the link is a direct copy/paste from the developers themself.

looks like the press kit from 08

Indeed it does, which is a bit of a let down in contrast to the other updates.

I hope that means that the PR guy is busy with something more substantial.

Considering how close to release they are, they need to bring out something rocking, to clarify at least more of the gameplay and "cover up" the early build preview videos.

Yes posted already, though it's the first time I ever heard a date pushed forward by developpers...

Another world premiere for BIS !

It's in the best interest of the other publishers to push the release dates forward. If they sit back and wait while another publisher releases the game a month ahead of them, they can be pretty sure to lose some sales. A simultaneous global release would really be best for everybody.

Man, it's so cool to just read all this information BIS are putting up for us. It's actually well-enough done to be interesting. :D

Excellence! But that's for Europe. As you can see, the American release date still hasn't been announced yet.

Release dates (according to publishers):

Germany, Austria, Switzerland: May, 29th

Czech Republic, Slovak Republic: June 17th

Poland : TBA

Hungary: TBA

Rest of Europe (505Games area): June 19th

Rest of Europe (SeVeN M area): TBA

North America: TBA

Russia: TBA

Australia: TBA

Rest of World: TBA

Oh well. If it's around the same time as the Europe release date, the demo should hold me over until the American release date. If not, then I'll just buy it online or from some place that mails to America.

Wtf !

where did you found this information ? source ?

The official Steam Arma 2 page. Dwarden posted it. Here.
:eek:

Chill chill chill, nobody is saying you cant import it...

No need to go on a shooting rampage through your school...

stupid marketing, the news on the internet in France we announced for 26, then 18

http://www.clubic.com/actualite-276964-arma-images-infos.html

72;1286198']France = Europe = 505. No worries. 19th woot woot.

505 Europe release is english language as well. US? Buy online if it itches too hard - and it will - you know it. :D

please take in mind that each major reqion even under 'oversight' of main distributor may differ by days or weeks

e.g. South Africa (if covered by 505Games) may be later due to transport delays

about the France and similar i wrote TBA because i got no confirm on the date ...

18th or 19th is the same thing ! the saler put the game one day before the realesed

..... < about the France and similar i wrote TBA because i got no confirm on the date ... >

thx, good I'm not stupid

just 505 ( or bi ) have stupid marketing !!

Edited by Pinocul75

Quote from Blackdog on Tactical Gamer forums:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get YOUR chance to ask questions of the game developers directly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMA II TWEETS

ARMA II SHOWCASE TO RECEIVE LIVE TWITTER UPDATES

Milton Keynes, 19th May 2009 – 505 Games and Bohemia Interactive have ensured that all ArmA II fans awaiting updates on the game won’t miss a thing from the upcoming UK showcase and demonstration sessions in London by setting up a dedicated Twitter feed for the event. As one of the first gaming companies to use Twitter in this way, 505 Games has invited members of the ArmA II online fansite community to the press day on Wednesday 20th May, where they will be able to share new information with their fellow fans via Twitter as they are announced on @ArmA2PC.

“The ArmA series quite simply would not be what it is without the passion and commitment that our community so clearly shows,†commented Mark Allen, European Consumer Communications Manager for 505 Games. “Communicating directly with the ArmA fans has always been high on our agenda and we’re glad to be able to utilise new forums, such as Twitter, to help us communicate to our base.â€

In addition to tracking developments as they happen, followers of the ArmA II Twitter feed will be able to post their own questions to the development team during the press day. These will be shared online and will be searchable using the tag #ArmA2Event. Fans of the game will do well to keep a close eye on the feed after the event and in the weeks leading up to release, as new information will be regularly posted there first, along with special competitions and the feed will act as a hub for the dedicated ArmA community.

As ever, Bohemia Interactive rely on player feedback, and the Twitter feed will act as a vital source for recommendations, impressions and reviews from the community after the game has launched.

Follow http://twitter.com/ArmA2PC

ArmA II will release for PC on 19th June.

The admin team are extremely pleased to announce that we have a representative from TACTICALGAMER.COM at this event tomorrow in London and so we will have our very own review and input for you all to read and see.

Heh nice, similar to HoI3 twitter, quick and easy way to find updates and news.