Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Btw. its time for an offiical ArmA2 trailer, isn't it?

No it is time for a demo ;)

In german comm. it was said several time before that the demo will be released after the release so buy it and be the first or wait and be the second. :p

But maybe BIS will surprise us and release the demo before the releasse of ArmA2.

@Okdante

Yes I just wanted to say it's not from a newer build. :)

Edited by Raptor

Did anyone else the Russian preview version found on ArmAholic had Battlefield 2 music behind almost the whole time except the start? :(

And that's why YYYY/MM/DD is simply the best structure ever ;)

If you are restricting it to numbers only, then I guess...

I'm more of a fan of DDMMMYY/YYYY.

example: Today's date 11MAY2009 or 11MAY09

We've concluded for the millionth time that the build is from February, there's no need to continue the discussion over which date format is superior, since we all know D-YD/YM/YM'Y format beats everything.

We've concluded for the millionth time that the build is from February, there's no need to continue the discussion over which date format is superior, since we all know D-YD/YM/YM'Y format beats everything.

LOL sniperwolf they say "rain begins with a drop" and with placebo gone this week that is the first of numerous pointless debates that you will have to put an end to:p.

on topic: was the editor accessible in the preview version? I mean there are many things that should have been mentioned relating to editor (the modules, the easy input commands.. etc). Any self respecting member of this community could have made a preview based on their experiences in the editor alone. so many things could have been tested not the least of which being different AI skill levels.

Edited by Barely-injured

No it is time for a demo ;)

Yep, i'll be waiting for a demo before i purchase this. I need to know if i can run this on highish settings with my pc.

Did anyone else the Russian preview version found on ArmAholic had Battlefield 2 music behind almost the whole time except the start? :(

Yepp-noticed that too lol :D

Yepp-noticed that too lol :D

heh yea and that is usually one of the many questions people ask: Is arma2 like bf2? Throwing that music in really doesnt help answer them in their question. :D

Is it just me that thinks that BI lacks a bit of PR for Arma2?

The PR so far feels so subtle, they release some material on the arma2 website and some magazines shows some material BI have given them.

There is still a lot of people out there that has never heard of Arma2. And I can understand that it's hard for people to find all these short videos on diffrent european languages, if your not hanging around here or on any of the fan sites. Even if you as a newcomer make it to the Arma2 website, it is hard to see what actual gameplay is about.

One thing I think they should do is send someone to E3 with a presentation of the game, where someone from BI play the game for about 10 mins showing the gameplay and explaining some features in it.

And they should put up a similar video on the website. Not a video showing something from the Arma2 story but a small walkthrough of the game. You get more familiarized with the game by such a vid than just seeing some units with some music. Also youtube marketing can't be that expensive.

Bethesda did vids like this for before the release of Fallout 3, and it worked quite well on me anyway.

Sorry I just wanted to say this becouse I want to se more people this game than the few that played Arma.

I think there should be a trailer where all newcomer can see what the game is about.

a trailer which shows the possibilitys of the game. Make any map you want with gamemodes (nearly) only limited by your imagination etc...

seriously after the fraction videos which introduce in the story such a trailer is a must have for marketing.

Sorry to continue this if it is considered off-topic, but it IS about press coverage/marketing.

CrazyFox: Very good points, as there are several people on YT that state they have played OFP, still think Codemasters is the group that made it, and 'can't wait for them to release an updated version'. Would be good to get Arma II in the general arena of publicity, as many avid gamers (i.e. ME) do not subscribe to gaming mags, or watch too much of G4 to see what is coming up. The general populace is not in contact with Arma II, and I'm sure there are many future fans in that demographic.

Edit: Hmm. Maybe after the initial sales, when the crazyness dies down and the coffers are full of cash again, do you think a general ad campaign could create a second 'release' atmosphere in the newfound market?

Edited by Scrub

Edit: Hmm. Maybe after the initial sales, when the crazyness dies down and the coffers are full of cash again, do you think a general ad campaign could create a second 'release' atmosphere in the newfound market?

It doesn't feels like the same thing to hype something thats already out, not to me anyway.

I don't read magazines or such either but every year I always see something from E3 one way or another.

Renting one of the stages there with a cinema screen, showing how to play a coop mission with 3 other guys using Track-ir would really make an impact. Don't think you need so much money for ads after that video of that have been uploaded on youtube.

Bis should put out the big trailer on gametrailers wich shows gameplay and every game mode possible and such :)

Word of mouth is the best advertising.... If BIS get ArmA II right, you'll gain many more followers.

Utilities like Twitter, You Tube and Facebook, are all very good for media awareness, and are free.

Word of mouth is the best advertising.... If BIS get ArmA II right, you'll gain many more followers.
Not always.... Almost everyone who played/reviewed Freespace2 loved it and praised it to the sky (Gamespot and other big sites made it GOTY), still almost nobody bought it. The sales were around only 20.000 after 12 months!! Why? Answer: Bad marketing by interplay.

Utilities like Twitter, You Tube and Facebook, are all very good for media awareness, and are free.

Yeah, would be nice if BIS had ArmA2 Twitter for dev updates the way Paradox does for Hearts of Iron 3.

not yet it isn't. good advertising is the best advertising. really.

WOM only hits fans and people already interested in the game and perhaps their acquaintances/friends.

not yet it isn't. good advertising is the best advertising. really.

WOM only hits fans and people already interested in the game and perhaps their acquaintances/friends.

Yes you are right for the PC market this is the best advertising however, for the console market they need to put some money into it to bring in the money. Most players on the console will love this gameplay the problem is they don't know it yet. lol.

Thank you Twisted, that's it exactly. BIS should be getting to the more mature type of casual gamer that 'has a life'...

So we can get them addicted to Arma II and ruin it.. Uh, wait a minute.

The Primary demographic, that is - instant sales for BIS - is this community, and the WOM that we do. That is still a closed, specific slice of the population. A commercial, ad, whatever, thats pointed to the unacquainted general audience, and gets them into the teamwork side of the action (after BIS respond to the release issues that inevitably crop up) will possibly break into a new market, and create another release environment. Wave 2 - The 30 and over crowd that Arma is preternaturally made for.

I hope we will get new infos soon.

Edited by Raptor

Water

Some news about the water. 16 Days left before ArmA 2 for me :licklips:

But i think whe allready knew that ArmA 2 will look great.

Edit: DAAAAAAAAAAMN IT'S SO CLOSE! :dontgetit: (and 3 days after the release i'm away for one month... but so many things to try!!! Going to be some heavily filled days with ArmA2!)

Edited by Ra!dar

Water

Some news about the water. 16 Days left before ArmA 2 for me :licklips:

But i think whe allready knew that ArmA 2 will look great.

That water looks really good! Bring on Farmaâ„¢ and Anglaâ„¢! :p

They mention at the bottom of the page: PS: Yes, we know that there is grass in pond, we will finallize clutter mask tommorow.

I think it looks completely natural having grass in the water. It looks very good actually. At least that's how it looks in my part of the world.;)

To bad JPG quality is so low. :( would've been great backgrounds

if it was higher quality.

I too like the grass in the water, if it gets replaced by water foilage

it's also great offcourse.

I'm wondering what the white box in the background of the first two

pictures is.

Are they really going to release the game in two weeks in germany?

wow, that water looks really fn good. what would be pretty cool is if the water levels rise and fall depending on how long it's been raining, or simply just weather conditions.

Edited by Thrash