Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

(...)

1. You're straying off topic and into the realm of ArmA bugs again.

2. Capitalization and paragraphs would be nice. Makes stuff readable. :)

To answer some of your questions, yes apparently AI pathfinding has been improved in A2. AI infantry stick to the side of the roads, vehicles drive on the right, convoys are more reliable. etc. At least that was said in the ArmAMDB.de interview. Whether this is really the case remains to be seen.

As for the magazine: Where is PC Gamer available? Can't check right now.

EDIT: Scratch that. UK and US it is, according to Wikipedia. Damn.

is there any note about colisions in Arma2 ?

Infraction +2 for ignoring a moderator's instruction to stay on topic.

An infraction level of 5 = a 3 month ban from the forums.

I think I made myself very clear some time ago, zero tolerance from now on in this thread.

Those who have not played StarCraft should go sue themselves. :p

Warning infraction sent. Stay on topic please.

Seems to me that BIS is updating their official site or is just an server/site-hiccup? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilas View Post

is there any note about colisions in Arma2 ?

Infraction +2 for ignoring a moderator's instruction to stay on topic.

An infraction level of 5 = a 3 month ban from the forums.

I think I made myself very clear some time ago, zero tolerance from now on in this thread.

:eek: :confused_o::suspicious::suspect:

First you discuss with vilas and others HW and performance related stuff and now you hammering him into the ground for asking if there was something mentioned about collisions in ArmA 2 in an PRESS article about ArmA 2?

Well, I am confused, can you publish a list of things which can be discussed for the next few pages until you change your mind again?

Back to topic: This "step over the fence/obstacle" seen in some videos, up to which height of an obstacle it works?

Well, we all use to one rule which is well know everywhere.

1. Moderator has always right

2. If moderator has no right then watch point 1.

If you have an issue to raise with a moderating decision PM me.

Warning infraction for Public disagreement about Forum moderation.

Now I would strongly suggest everyone gets back on point.

Just read that the gamestar.de preview was on medium quality and no AA/AF, that´s why it doesnt look that good. Just hope that you dont need a NASA PC to run it on very high in multiplayer/big encounters.

PS: Placebo strikes again, well known for overusing his mighty mod powers...

Just read that the gamestar.de preview was on medium quality and no AA/AF, that´s why it doesnt look that good. Just hope that you dont need a NASA PC to run it on very high in multiplayer/big encounters.

Dslyecxi ran it on a quad-core CPU with a GTX 285 at full settings at 1920x1200 and said it ran great.

(Putting a comment like that won't help you. Just watch. ;) )

Infraction +3 for Public disagreement about Forum moderation.

You were given numerous chances in PM, obviously you have no wish to continue using these forums, that I am able to arrange for you.

Dslyecxi ran it on a quad-core CPU with a GTX 285 at full settings at 1920x1200 and said it ran great.

Yay, its so good to know that the game runs well on an 500 dollar high-end card. :D;)

Yay, its so good to know that the game runs well on an 500 dollar high-end card. :D;)

I'm happy about it. :D

Anyway, unless you're in Germany and want to buy the game on release day, why worry? There will be lots of people to ask about the performance after May 29th.

Lol, well I have a GTX 280, so I'm ok. :p

Really, the requirements say anything above a 8800 GT is recommended. Those are really cheap now adays.

btw Dslyecxi have gtx280 but it doesnt matter :D , i wanna buy some gtx285 :P

Will this game be able to run at 2560 x 1600 res? I have a Dell 3007WFP 30" monitor.

Will this require more GPU power?

Will this game be able to run at 2560 x 1600 res? I have a Dell 3007WFP 30" monitor.

Will this require more GPU power?

You already know the answer to both of those questions ;)

1) Yes, on a high-end system (exact specs of which are yet to be determined, though Dslyecxi's rig should be a good reference point)

2) Yes.

For the very last time now: This is the flippin' Press Coverage thread!

What your questions about hardware and settings have to do with Press coverage? We have an extra thread for that.

From now on, every post that has nothing to do with press coverage will be removed and the user in question punished.

Is it so hard to think a second before posting?

Please tell me that was another Februrary build preview....

Please tell me that was another Februrary build preview....

Looks so because all missions ect were same...

For the very last time now: This is the flippin' Press Coverage thread!

What your questions about hardware and settings have to do with Press coverage? We have an extra thread for that.

From now on, every post that has nothing to do with press coverage will be removed and the user in question punished.

Is it so hard to think a second before posting?

Isnt the hardware covered by most of the previews? Quite important aspect in my opinion and the fact that the press is the only one who can say something about performance.

“In the state Arma II is a game that would deeply love if it were not so rotten bugs. We repeat, this preview version is still very far from the final version expected out in late June. So, admittedly, like its predecessor, Arma II has already the support of a community rehearsed by the first episode, but this time it is hoped to play a game finished by the developers and not by its fans.â€

Interesting conclusion. So, it is the preview version and BIS priority is to polish the game for the final version. Everything else seems great.

Imho all magazines and newssites got the same preview version. Given previous bad experiences with ArmA release many people remain sceptical about the Arma2 release in few weeks. Some magazines wrote in their previews about the clunky, buggy AI and some difficulties with performance/graphics. Lets hope that BIS did their best to fix those and other bigger issues.

Btw whats the meaning of "Guerilla"? Some random little extras from BIS?

Damn...

This reminds me more and more of the release desaster with Arma 1.

There seem to be bugs all over the place, doesn´t look like that can be

fixed within that short time, keeping in mind that they should be working on hardware compability and finetuning of Arma 2 already I am sceptical if they should repeat a premature release.

The publishers can´t be interested in the drama aswell. I guess they had enough of it with Arma 1.

Please BIS: Deliver a program that is worth the money and runs stable, satisfying and optimized. All the reviews I have read so far highlight a number of bugs and gameplay and gamedesign deficits. It really doesn´t sound as if Arma 2 was somewhere near release from a developers viewpoint.

Please do not repeat the Arma 1 stunt.