Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I'll ask Marek if he'll let me post a pic or two for you guys at some point soon ;)

No, post them right away... and ask Marek later ! :D

or a video......pretty please.

Or demo.... :nuts:

Ugh... No suspension on the tanks and the Shilka still only fires from 1 barrel (without spread like the real thing has).

Vehicles still slide around like they weigh nothing. That is partly the AI's fault though. :(

Where are the improvements?

Nice T34 though.

Edit: God, after looking through the "new" footage I'm praying that it's from the early Feb. build and that BI have done something about the vehicles already. That was a major turn-off..

Just curious what current game do you think overall does a better job then BOHEMIA and ARMA2 in all areas of combat. The answer is none. No game has what this game will have and play the why this game will play in all areas of combat. Some games may have a particular element that is better but not the whole big picture of the game.

You can't put 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag and we only have 5lb bags to this date. Maybe same day. So give BOHEMIA a little break for what they have done for us.

I can be in Sweden within 2 hours, Placebo. I'll bring some beer and we'll sit down and play some ArmA 2 at your place. Sounds good? :D

I can be in Sweden within 2 hours, Placebo. I'll bring some beer and we'll sit down and play some ArmA 2 at your place. Sounds good? :D

Steal his copy.

Personally I can't wait for the press to get their hands on the build I played tonight, looks incredible, LOD loading is almost completely gone, guess it was the recession and nobody can afford to watch trees shimmering in and out in the background :(

I hope that in all terms the game has reached a better status than the build this German online magazin used.

Don't know if it was already posted and translated but their conclusion is pretty sobering. I mean... Here's a rough free translation of some parts of it:

"Even being careful in predicting, it could be that for a few weeks "ArmA 2" will also need to be patched up to the quality, which it could have reached already from the start.

[...]

If it is released free of bugs, "ArmA 2" will probably be a very good game and it would have deserved a "Very Good" in this preview. But if the developers do not get it under control, even our first impression "Good" would not be suitable."

Source: Preview

Edited by Undeceived

Steal his copy.

Hey, I am in Sweden! Where you at, Placebo? And will you let me play ArmA 2? (:

Personally I can't wait for the press to get their hands on the build I played tonight, looks incredible, LOD loading is almost completely gone, guess it was the recession and nobody can afford to watch trees shimmering in and out in the background :(

Are you allowed to comment about the new particle effects from your new guy(s)?

Wow, this is just stunning !

Depends very much if the fallen tree has AI viewblock object or it is still the Armed Assault approach where AI can see through such things...

T-34 was a plesant surprice. Nice with 'main' battle tanks that can be fought without using tanks against them, and without having to use Javelins (which I don't like in the first place due to their simplicity). A significant threat to infantry, but not an unkillable T90 either (although I assume also in Arma2 their armor will still be a 'bit' on the weak side). Time will show...

As for pics/videos, I'd like to see ups AND downs... What can't be done etc.

Tomorrow PC GAMER Preview! Anyone have subscription? :whistle:

No but now you've said that I might now have to go and buy a copy. :coop:

Arma 2 is worthy byuing, even if only to travel Chernarus, which is fantastic environment, something which we missed since OFP, cause "content" once again will have to be done by addonmakers

i would also want to see some feedback for addonmakers, how to upgrade their addons for Arma 2 , is there any feedback for addonmakers for A2 config rules ? cause i would like to start with A2 and P85 on it since day first, there also will be some other people like me

WHich PC did you use? Which ingame graphic settings? How many units were on the map?

Omg nice work Bis! :bounce3:

I know some people complained about the graphics in Arma 1 and the Lod's messing about, so this is a big improvement!

Btw Nice gamestar vids, hehe cool with the T-34, I guess its for one of the rebel factions :D

Arma 2 shows really much promise now and versatility :)

Placebo where about in Sweden you staying? Is it near Stockholm or some place in the woods/country side?

Edited by Commando84
sweden

Omg nice work Bis! :bounce3:

I know some people complained about the graphics in Arma 1 and the Lod's messing about, so this is a big improvement!

Btw Nice gamestar vids, hehe cool with the T-34, I guess its for one of the rebel factions :D

Arma 2 shows really much promise now and versatility :)

Placebo where about in Sweden you staying? Is it near Stockholm or some place in the woods/country side?

well i disagree with the gamestar video, the quality in the videos inst really good, no AA/AF, low viewdistance and the videos arent in HD. Im a big fan of gamestar.de and i read their site every day, but these videos just suck imo. It looks like ARMA1 with additional vehicles.

WHich PC did you use? Which ingame graphic settings? How many units were on the map?

AMD 64 X2 4600+

6gb Ram

ATI 4870

Windows 7 RC1

"Very high" setting scheme.

Not many units, was just checking out the scenery, have to try to play some missions without getting killed in 3 seconds ;)

Hey, I am in Sweden! Where you at, Placebo? And will you let me play ArmA 2? (:

Uppsala, and no ;)

AMD 64 X2 4600+

6gb Ram

ATI 4870

Windows 7 RC1

"Very high" setting scheme.

Not many units, was just checking out the scenery, have to try to play some missions without getting killed in 3 seconds ;)

Sorry to bother but how many fps you get usually on that setup ?

FPS count doesnt matter if there are only a few units, no scripts and nothing going on. But its good for advertisement and the second job as hardware dealer. ;)

Yes how many FPS on "Very high"

While standing still in a desert environment looking at a stone?

Or while running with 50 others through a wood?

You have to ask him for the environment else his statement won't tell you anything.

FPS count doesnt matter if there are only a few units, no scripts and nothing going on. But its good for advertisement and the second job as hardware dealer. ;)

You're right, but if the scene is in the forest with lot's of trees, bushes and shadows it may very well turn in to slide show even without AI. :D Like Arma when it was released.

"AMD 64 X2 4600+

6gb Ram

ATI 4870

Windows 7 RC1"

i have AMD dual core 6000, so is my stronger ?

VGA 8800 GTS 512 how it compares with your card

and maybe the most important question

is Windows XPSp2 and Windows 7 have difference in games and power of PC ?

cause i cannot imagine now buying Win 7 for 300 USD< which in my country is almost monthly-salary of many people

is game runs the same on WinXP or 7 is so important step forward?

cause now it seems Arma2 is becoming better than i was thinking

Maybe situation will change with ArmA2, maybe now towns, bushes and trees will not hurt our frame rate as it is in ArmA1. Let's hope...

"AMD 64 X2 4600+

cause now it seems Arma2 is becoming better than i was thinking

Hear Hear... Vilas, im astonished :D:p

I will stick to my Vista 64 also for now... buying a new 4GB Set of ram for cheap 28bucks (hint: Memory prices are insane low, but get double that by next summer they predicted - so buy now!)

And now that i read that the Lead Dev uses the same system, i feel really safe! :cool::)

Edited by mr.g-c
save vs. safe