Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I'm hoping the 'blackwater' is caused by a missing reflection shader or something. At glancing angles water is very reflective and should reflect more of the landscape surrounding it, or at least the current skybox. 'Blackwater' in real life is caused by higher angles combined with deeper water and/or waves (as a wave will change its' angle to the viewer locally and cause more transparency and less reflectivity, with transparent showing more 'black').

I'm wondering if 'ponds' get the same wave treatment as the sea does in Armed Assault when it is bad weather. Hope not, but ripples would be cool.

I just see it as a pond with dirty, dark water and not as a problem. If you look closely you will see some differences in tonality that look like waves. It is my humble opinion that not all water in game should be that same crystal clear and similarly reflective as it is not realistic.

By jove, I believe they have done it! The ultimate military simulator? They are at least in the ballpark. Realistic setting, Natural effects, more reflexive movement (we'll see with hands on), scale, variety, AI....

I just hope we can blow the dam... You guys at BIS know that if it's placed on the map, we want to blow it off for one reason or another, right? (j/k) lol

Gorgeous. I can't find much to gripe about, I mean I'm sure I could if I dig, but who want's to with this not yet finished and looking so hot!

3 weeks ago i used to turn on my computer and actually mod something for Arma, now I turn on my computer and scour these forums for new arma 2 media, kind of sad really but its good to see on the other hand, anyone else finding the same thing?

You guys at BIS know that if it's placed on the map, we want to blow it off for one reason or another, right?

..or even for no reason! What will happen to the water then? :eek: :butbut::868:

..or even for no reason! What will happen to the water then? :eek: :butbut::868:

It will make you wet? :rolleyes:

Will it ruin your equipment? Most likely not... Hopefully it won't make your arms bleed if you stick them in the water to pick up some gear like in ArmA.

Will it ruin your equipment? Most likely not... Hopefully it won't make your arms bleed if you stick them in the water to pick up some gear like in ArmA.

Maybe they were going for a Dante's Peak style water.

Question: If there is dams does that mean that modders can make rivers at a different height than the actual main waterlevel and just create some sort of dam at the end to cut it off? Or even have a multilayered river seperated by a bunch of dams?

:D

it would so dam cool if we could blow up a Dam and watch a town get Flooded instantly!!:D

Industrial areas are updatet.....! ;-)

Regards -rF-Culti

Edited by Cultivator

it would so dam cool if we could blow up a Dam and watch a town get Flooded instantly!!:D

Damn...dam is down.

Damn! Dam, is down!

Damn! Civilian, is down!

Damn! Civilian, is down!

Damn! Hooker, is down!

Damn! That cow, is down!

Damn! 5, is down!

etc.

Holy shit! I just came across a soggy mass grave!

Question: If there is dams does that mean that modders can make rivers at a different height than the actual main waterlevel and just create some sort of dam at the end to cut it off? Or even have a multilayered river seperated by a bunch of dams?

:D

If animated textures are supported on models (running water etc) then making rivers is possible, it might not act like water but you could sure make it look like running water.

Yea and I'll dress up in a suit and be Santa for a week in July if that happened.

I hate to destroy any dreams here but most probably the water surfaces are not much different than that "pond object" we already have in ArmA. This object is static and it doesn't float.

So most probably the dam won't be destroyable and even if it is, there will no water floating anywhere - it's simply not possible.

Yeah that's hard but it's better to realize that now than you are full of expectations and when A2 has been released you end up disappointed. :)

So most probably the dam won't be destroyable and even if it is, there will no water floating anywhere - it's simply not possible.

I think it's borderline crazy if anyone thinks it would be :D

Edited by Victor

Reminds me of when I nearly crashed into a radio tower when returning from Warragamba Dam on a flying lesson.

It looks like it will be tough to navigate the terrain, with all the rolling hills.

I think these are the really impressive (photos :)) shots.

They give off a great feel if you know what I mean.

I'm going to spend just a lot of time just looking around in this place.

lol imagine if you somehow climb to the top of that tower and use it as a sniper point:D