Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Yep.

Regarding the release of the full video - it will be out sometime tonight, US Central time. Can't give any better detail than that right now. Depends on a few things happening first. Believe me, as soon as it's up, I'll post about it and let you guys know. Expect a new topic in the A2 forums to coincide with it as well, for discussion etc.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about the teaser, too. Glad you guys like it. :)

Wow... look's like something BIG on it's way! :yay:

I just ordered my TrackIR 4 two days ago, and now TrackIR 5 arrives, hehe, typical.

Luckily the laws in my country are so that I can regret a purchase and get a full refund for no cost to me :)

About the update, I see someone in BI has been having blast coming up with fictonary tribe names :D

Edited by sparks50

I know we've seen images of unconfirmed rivers in the past, but seeing it mentioned in the new Chernarus update is very interesting "When the valleys of the Burnaja and Svetlaya rivers were inhabited...". Very interesting...

Edited by low light
typo

Dslyecxi, don't Tease me Bro! (via http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2007/09/dont-tase-me-br/)

Sadly in my EU timezone vids appear late after midnight, so 30th April is only a wish :p

I wonder what TrackIR5 will introduce. Cannot believe in next ax of freedom. Maybe more framerate? Bigger angles? new software and body colour to rip off customers? :-)

I do not like desert maps, happy now that Chernarus is 225 while "almost 100 km2" is wood. This is the environment where also an Infantryman has a chance.

I know we've seen images of unconfirmed rivers in the past, but seeing it mentioned in the new Chernarus update is very interesting "When the valleys of the Burnaja and Svetlaya rivers were inhabited...". Very interesting...

I think you're mistaken, they're talking of the history of central chernarus there, not South Zagoria (the part we see in Arma 2). I see no mentions of rivers in Arma 2, only dams and ponds.

It's the 1st of may here.. I'm ready for the preview!:pet11:

I think you're mistaken, they're talking of the history of central chernarus there, not South Zagoria (the part we see in Arma 2). I see no mentions of rivers in Arma 2, only dams and ponds.

Damn my ageing eyes and tired brain...having re-read it I believe you are right; at least we've seen the pictures :confused: ...

Edit:

Hang on though, don't people generally dam up rivers...I guess this isn't the thread to talk about it...apologies for bringing it up, just an after thought.

Edited by low light
second thought

Yep.

Regarding the release of the full video - it will be out sometime tonight, US Central time. Can't give any better detail than that right now. Depends on a few things happening first. Believe me, as soon as it's up, I'll post about it and let you guys know. Expect a new topic in the A2 forums to coincide with it as well, for discussion etc.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about the teaser, too. Glad you guys like it. :)

I freaking love it!

Animations look great, and image details are... WOW ...

Can you build me a clone of your system and send it to me?! ;)

Those black and white images of Chernarus look incredibly real. Looks like I'm staying up tonight for Dslyecxi's release. Woohoo!

Amazing, well... does anyone´s knows the rig Dslyecxi is using?

Since he dont tell us

I believe he wont tell it because of the highspecs he is using. Everyone will think "ok that wont be defnitly the grafic that we will see" if you have 295 GTX Sli and future i9 CPU. But the main thing is the vid looks good and the sales will rise up.

They better include a little "Desert Island-like" ! I am not willing to downgrade the graphics settings whenever I want to play the game:936:

to many previews popping up everywhere now,i'm avoiding most of it untill

there is something more solid to actualy try for myself ,a demo or full release.

but i will definatly be getting arma2 reguardless of reviews.

i have always seen opf and arma/arma2 as a long term investments,it's a great base for the modders in the community to work from

but im pleased to see that the mlrs is included,looks like there's going to be a few more air and land vehicles in the initial release...good news.

btw seems reasonably obvious that dslyecxi's announcement will be about pimping naturalpoints new product,just look at the teaser vid...all the head panning/turning.

track ir is great dont get me wrong,and his vids are awlays top notch

but just seems nothing more than an slightly over hyped trackir advert from an affiliated/intrested party if you ask me!:sleep:

sorry,maybe it's just me getting a bit to old now for all this teaser vid stuff.

and of course i could be wrong and its going to be something else completly

and i'll have to eat my words...it won't be the first time!

BiGGiBs

yeah, i somehow understand BiGGiBs's point of view and agree what was said. Though I'm ready to eat my words. ;)

Yea to be able to run the game at that high quality setting AND record it using some sort of game capture software must really require some powerful hardware. Please post it with your vid Dslyecxi so we can figure out how much we should expect to put down in order attain that type of quality :)

Central time? w00t! I'm central time! Husssah! Go Milwaukee!

Or, he has an external recording box that can record in HD, in which case can record without using any resources from the pc. Considering the amount of cash he seems to have on a system, an extra $200 on a HD PVR box wouldn't seem like such a bad investment.

you guys should stop hijacking this thread talking about dsl money (which i am sure he earns legally and with some sweat) PC, external devices etc. I though this was about press releases...

At this stage it seems to have turned into a discussion for everything under the sun. I have a suggestion for our moderating overlords if they are reading - you should do to this thread what you did with the photography threads for OFP and ArmA - have a thread dedicated solely for people posting screenshots and press releases, and a thread for discussion of that thread. Should allow people to gain access to news without trawling through pages of (at times) nonsense. Just my 2c :)

EDIT: I realized after posting that there is a dedicated ArmA2 pictures thread, but going through it I don't see many pictures. Perhaps these two threads can be combined as a discussion thread, and a dedicated pictures/news one created.

Edited by echo1

At this stage it seems to have turned into a discussion for everything under the sun. I have a suggestion for our moderating overlords if they are reading - you should do to this thread what you did with the photography threads for OFP and ArmA - have a thread dedicated solely for people posting screenshots and press releases, and a thread for discussion of that thread. Should allow people to gain access to news without trawling through pages of (at times) nonsense. Just my 2c :)

I deeply agree!

Arma 2 Press Discussion -> This thread.

Arma 2 News Releases & Submissions -> People post everything they find there. Links, images, videos, interviews, etc. So people don't have to come home every evening and have to read 50 pages of stuff.

Problem solved :)

They could get rid of the two stickies talking about the UH-1Y and just make them the OP in those respective threads.

Of course you could go all out thats just sticky frenzy crazyness:

Arma 2: Videos

Arma 2: Images

Arma 2: Video Discussion

Arma 2: Image Discussion

27505225.jpg

The above will eventually happen anyway. Might as well make it official now and keep it organized. Hell a quarter million views in 1 thread is a bit overkill :)

Edited by Victor

yeah, pleease!!! that'd be something... savin all our time...