Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Dslyecxi,

I think you should stay on topic mate and not post any more of these RL reference photos; its not clever, it's not funny and is really a waste of time, if you have access to A2 screen shots please share those with us and not these RL pics!

I don't know...some people ey!

:biggrin_o:

That's more like it!

The quality of the pictures look awesome, the shot of the two marines show arm hair!!! I mean Arm hair (or should that be ARMA hair) - now that's detail for you...have you thought about working for tiscali - or at least outsourcing your rig to them so that they can show the potential with A2?

Edited by low light
Spelling...he he

With the screens Dsl posted, my goodness, I just wanna see it in motion....ON MY COMPUTER!

On Tiscali, bummer, they seem lazy and unprofessional, maybe ulterior motives? In any case looking forward to more previews!

Same character model, same preview:

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-tiscali_games_preview_april_5.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-tiscali_games_preview_april_29.jpg

http://games.tiscali.cz/reviews/arma-2-dojmy-z-preview-verze/x28.html

If they're going to take screenshots, they should put the game at highest settings. It's not like it's going to matter if the game is choppy.

Edited by Stimpak_Addict
added another screenshot.

Ok i just read the german review of the german press event of 28. March, which was made public 3 hours ago also....

There is really much stuff to say, but there are finally tank interiors.... OMG...:yay::yay::yay:

EDIT: and a 3d Editor of course.... :p

Definitely i'll buy as usually 3 copies (one me, two for my brothers)....

One downside, no NV nor FLIR optics for vehicles this time again....

I hope that at least good methods for the community will be given - in Arma1 its still (almost) impossible...

If you want to read (use a translator like google):

http://armed-assault.de/artikel/arma-2-ersteindruck.html

and

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/articles.php&contentid=1419&page=2

Great!

Jesus, Im glad Im having day off tomorrow, so much to see.

And Dslyecxi those screens were stunning. I hope you have a good server because I spread them over the web:D

And Dslyecxi those screens were stunning. I hope you have a good server because I spread them over the web:D

No worries there. My server can handle it. ;)

Man I cannot get enough of that UH1, it looks so damn good.

North American PR

This is a link I found while searching stuff on google. I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but here you go.

EDIT: Seeing as how I have never heard of any of those people on the website for that PR firm and I live in North America I am a bit worried.

Edited by Jakerod

Wonder how vehicle lights, fire etc. look in night time :lookaround:

We haven't seen much from night and wheater. Much to look forward to! :bigsmile:

Seeing as how I have never heard of any of those people on the website for that PR firm and I live in North America I am a bit worried.

Same here. They don't even have a Wikipedia article, nor do they show up in Google Finance.

Good news is that Bohemia Interactive is getting to PR now, which means they are close to release. :yay:

Edited by Laqueesha

Tiscali screenshots are completely mindblowingly excellent, despite lack of AA and improper aspect. However, one thing worries me, the green oversized hud. According to the image setting dialog, you can adjust IGUI size, very nice indeed. But...

Is it now possible to turn off weapon crosshairs and still have weapons lock indicators? Important for Javelin and Stinger type weapons, pluss TOWs if they can only be controlled using 'AT guidance' like in ArmA1. If TOW have proper guidance now, lock indicators should follow the 'AT guidance' difficulty setting.

How about some screenies with everything set in normal instead?

Being able to have indicated other team mates when your not the leader, looks nice.

For this inventory picture, I have three questions:

1) How does the 'filter' work? Filter by type selected or name typed?

2) And the lower right 12 magazine slots, are those backpack?

3) If backpack, can 'anything' go into the backpack (maybe exluding weapons)?

Man, the image from within the tent. I can even smell the weapon oil from here :D

The things I found exciting:

• Aircraft carrier details looks superb. I would have paid for an expansion pack just for this. I wonder if the aircraft elevator works?
  • Gear menu looks versatile. Filter will be good. Hopefully there are filters for both 'ammo for selected weapon' and 'weapon classes'.
  • Gear/backpack: The extra 12 slots at the bottom presumably appear when you have a backpack (since they said they were using a simplified system).
  • New statics will be very handy indeed: bunkers, tents with bunks, tables, boxes, short aerials, dug in tank emplacement, etc
  • configurable "IGUI Size" - brilliant and very rare in any game. Presumably it means both font size and icon sizes.
  • the new task system looks quite useful.

Thanks for shots Dslyecxi. Nice wheat fields.

Thanks for extra info Mr.g-c, about tank interiors (need pictures to confirm), 3D editor and even news on the missing functionality helps.

Edit: After reading further posts, BMP3 interiors does not imply tanks will have interiors. Not sure if you were joking now.

@chris64: The "recess in the middle of the helicopters underside" is a hook.

What I'm eagerly wanting to know to confirm facts, but I doubt they'll be able to reveal until release, is:

• Any details on the extra vehicle functionality (if any).
    Eg: interactive MFD's/consoles, turret consoles, artillery, UAV terminal consoles, aircraft carrier weapons consoles/radar.
    Interactivity was the key concept missing in Arma.
  • Dying to know the actual list of new scripting commands to be added.
    Although stated that there are 100+ new commands, by my calculations, that's still about 50 commands missing. Maybe that figure has been revised already since then.

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

North American PR

This is a link I found while searching stuff on google. I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but here you go.

EDIT: Seeing as how I have never heard of any of those people on the website for that PR firm and I live in North America I am a bit worried.

http://www.clevercomm.com/about_us.html

Principal & Founder, Mika Kelly

photo_mika_kelly.jpgA veteran in the interactive entertainment industry, Mika has held PR management positions at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., Accolade (now Atari) and BAM! Entertainment.

http://www.clevercomm.com/about_us.html

Principal & Founder, Mika Kelly

[A veteran in the interactive entertainment industry, Mika has held PR management positions at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., Accolade (now Atari) and BAM! Entertainment.

That makes me feel a bit better but I still haven't heard of any of those games they list on the client page. I hope they do a great job though because this game deserves it... about 100x more than most other games I see too.

Edited by Jakerod
image removed from quote

File:LHD8_Sea_Trial.jpg

No, it is most definately the Taiwanese flag.

I doubt the United States would change its flag to the Taiwanese flag even in a fictional, futuristic setting.

Well, the number on the ship's superstructure is either a nine or eight, judging by the pictures.

Currently, there is no LHA-8, LHA-9, LHD-8, or LHD-9, so Bohemia Interactive is using a fictional, "made-up" ship.

Here is the LHD 8

USS Makin Island (LHD-8), a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, will be the second ship of the United States Navy to be named for Makin Island, target of the Marine Raiders' attack early on in the United States' involvement in World War II.

Makin Island was laid down on 14 February 2004 by the Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Mississippi. She was christened on 19 August 2006, sponsored by Mrs. Silke Hagee, wife of General Michael Hagee, Commandant of the Marine Corps, and launched on 15 September 2006. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, US Navy officials announced that several ships under construction at Ingalls Shipbuilding had been damaged by the storm, including Makin Island and two Arleigh Burke-class destroyers.

Makin Island was delivered to the US Navy on 16 April 2009 and is scheduled to be commissioned in Oct. 2009.

Edited by ScorpionGuard

Hope they fix the ghost muzzleflash.

29ush9l.jpg

I have to say with those recent screenshots Dslyecxi posted, it seems there has been quite a visable improvement with the vegetation since the faction videos it seems. Vehicles of course look superb. The player models do however look like GI Joe dolls...though like one mentioned they do have armhair, but the skin and clothing look somewhat plastic like. But shit, at this point this game looks several times better than ArmA1, so lets hope it plays better with the final product.

So much depth.. of... field... awfh *dies*

Oh and yea... Who the @#^& is Cleaver Communications? I follow video game "politics" across the web a lot and never have once heard of them. Oh well...nothing we say can change it, I can only hope they do a good job.

Edit: Cleaver Communications doesn't even list the major media outlet Gamespot as a place to promote their products......even though I don't like gamespots business practices, they still have a HUGE viewerbase and BI will be missing out on it :/

Edited by Victor

Not sure what is ment by a 'simplified backpack system'. My guess is simpler than ACE, and that leads me to think that backpack is character class driven. I.e. a medic would have less 'backpack' room than a grunt since more medical equipment would take up the space. (I'm assuming there will not be full medical supplies). Or that a radio man (please say there is an RTO class!!) carries a radio in his backpack which leaves less room.

Tank interiours? Where? What? ...Needs to step back a few pages I think... :p

Ahh.. Reading the german stuff now using google translate.

In the game itself was NATO symbology to identify the own and the enemy units.

How about neutral or more importantly, unknown? Unknown would be very useful for a recon team that team razor is, and any future recon style missions: i.e. "Find out the nature of these vehicles, are they hostile?"

Smoke and fog hampering the view of AI.

Now there is probably the most important feature ever for a tactical mil sim! Thanks. Finally! :) I take it for granted that this also covers smoke grenades?

Nor can the AI independently carry the wounded

I'm hoping that this is a translation error?

I would have liked you from small ditches alongside the road or shooting holes reported in the woods.

Places where a soldier in prone or low stance could obtain cover via terrain would be very useful indeed. However, I don't want a fully elevated road all the time either. Has to be natural. Not sure how I would 'solve' this.