Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Oh god, that MIDI-esque conversion of the original OFP theme just cracks me up everytime... sounds horrendous. crazy_o.gif The movie itself was, however, good fun. Good to see the GP-series of grenade launchers copping the ole M203 touch... we can only hope the machineguns receive the same treatment... and that PKM sound needs to change.

Its exactly the same song from OFP, it hasnt even been edited. Just added stright into the video.

Its exactly the same flashpoint songs could be as a mini blow to codies as everyone reconises OFP music.

The OFP tracks in the videos havnt been edited at all*

Er... I'd listen to the OFP version again, Matt. Quite the difference. smile_o.gif

- Track 1 - Main Theme.

It's exactly the same song from OFP, it hasnt even been edited. The OFP tracks in the videos havnt been edited at all.

The main theme song in the ArmA 2 Russia video is the OFP remake song from ArmA 1.

It is NOT the original OFP theme song from the first OFP game.

It was much of a "meh" video, didn't reveal details like the other trailers did and left me an impression that Russian side is slightly bettter than the old games.

I think BIS shouldn't use OFP songs in the promotion, it brings some good memories to some; yet horrendous ArmA/OFP memories to others.

BIS should emphatise they're not doing a polished remake, but a completely new game. For this reason we shouldn't be hearing "crappy" ArmA sounds in the videos also . . .

They should just use the OFP tracks... they are much better than any of those remixes/new tracks...

Oh god, that MIDI-esque conversion of the original OFP theme just cracks me up everytime... sounds horrendous. crazy_o.gif The movie itself was, however, good fun. Good to see the GP-series of grenade launchers copping the ole M203 touch... we can only hope the machineguns receive the same treatment... and that PKM sound needs to change.

Its exactly the same song from OFP, it hasnt even been edited. Just added stright into the video.

Its exactly the same flashpoint songs could be as a mini blow to codies as everyone reconises OFP music.

The OFP tracks in the videos havnt been edited at all*

Er... I'd listen to the OFP version again, Matt. Quite the difference. smile_o.gif

- Track 1 - Main Theme.

I think he means the xbox version, iirc it wasn't the EXACT same as original OFP and as great as OFP's music is it just wouldn't fit the scenerio and atmosphere.

I'll repeat myself.

"Two military's battling it out for control and defense rather then ex military slaughter civilians"

OFP had a darker atmosphere and it was felt through all senses.  Music, Nato doing what they could with what they had, the Resitence doing the same, all sides having casaulties, the grave scenes.

There was a sense of desperation throughout most of the game at moments of the ex USSR invasion, Nato retreating from retaliating forces of T-72's.

the Nato squad running alone to escape from the island on the last call trying to avoid as many USSR forces as possible only to be captured.

That is what made the game so great imho, there wasn't always victory, sometimes you win some sometimes you lose some and along the way you come to a point "Oh no...surely this is the end.."  There was also the reflecting scene of the graveyard

The "happiest" theme I could think of from OFP was "Walk" (also on of my favs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPRfCDhn3uI

Then you have your darker/eerie ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3IqMqtitMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuSVlC1IT6w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeQVWtuLWA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpf_ktDLtv0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mobXRWH1Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jgLlH4VBs&feature=related

And of course- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THsUFP83Lc&feature=related

Such a thing wouldn't fit the atmosphere (by default) unless things go way south, every military and guerrilla team are already formed, its unlikely that either side will be retreating from one island to another to get to safety. The only way it could fit perhaps is.

If the civilians form a resistence of their own FOR their government to once again protect themselves against their enemies after witnessing the death of their own unarmed friends and relatives having been killed for doing nothing at all then it may fit.

Otherwise you can change the music to default OFP and convince yourself it fits, which is possible but by default it likely will not.

For the sake of those who really want recoil on the tanks main gun, look at the last 10 seconds of the 'Ingame HD Video', the introductory vid.  The last tank shot before the closing title shows the T-72 (I believe) rocking back on its heels from the recoil.

hmm sounds the same to me, prob just my hearing lol. tounge2.gif

For the sake of those who really want recoil on the tanks main gun, look at the last 10 seconds of the 'Ingame HD Video', the introductory vid.  The last tank shot before the closing title shows the T-72 (I believe) rocking back on its heels from the recoil.

Tank recoil is meant canon recoil.

So when a tank fires, the canon retracts/moves into the turret a few inches on each shot to let recoil not so much affect the whole tank.

The "happiest" theme I could think of from OFP was "Walk" (also on of my favs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPRfCDhn3uI

Yeah, that was a great song.

I love this one too.

No, you can see in that one video from Chernarus-Defecne-Forces, that the blades already have the characteristics like being under "heavy g force" when fully spinned-up and the Helo still standing on ground.

So there is not such a "dynamic system" which alters that upon different flight situations/burdens ....

BIS just watched at pictures/videos from flying Hinds and assumed that the curvature of the blades are the "default-state" for every situation on the hind, which is clearly wrong.

sad_o.gif

Question in regards to the sound here. Perhaps its just me but, a lot of the weapon firing (including the tanks) outright kill the immersion. A tank round should really scare the hell out of you or at least give a big "bang!", realistic or not.. Take this for example:

Arma Tank Sound: The trailer (at 2:08)

RL Sound:

or this
. I know these are not shot in sound proof rooms but from the faction videos they've been putting out I just don't get that "I'm scared" vibe coming from them. I mean even in non mil sim games they can pull it off pretty well. At this point I'm more scared of some Call of Duty tank shooting at me in the dark than what they're using from Arma1.

Hopefully they can at least add some heavy bass to the shots being shot off and the rounds hitting the ground. That'll get you moving!

It was much of a "meh" video, didn't reveal details like the other trailers did and left me an impression that Russian side is slightly bettter than the old games.

i don't think so. at least (as already stated) you have the sa-10 radar-tower wich *might* hint to some kind of radar system implemented, you have combined aa/ag missiles on the su-34 which *might* hint for finally more flexible weapon-systems on aircraft, and you have bombs on the hind which shows BI's attention to detail this time (because this capability of the hind is afaik mostly neglected in games).

also there is now a NSVT on the t-90. funny nobody mentions it after all the flak BI took earlier for adding a wrong machine gun...

maybe the guys flaking forgot that part after a while? tounge2.gif

For me is a small detail can be someone else's best part wink_o.gif

Is this a dynamic lighting system or a "fixed" lighting system?

Yay, great!

Another thing suggested by the community a long time ago and now implemented... i guess the release-delay is worth it tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hmm hopefully its not "static/fixed" and can be customized easily for missions. Would be nice to see some (dimmed) light signals from one room during night operation  wink_o.gif

I'd have to say, the most likely source of the lit windows is not from lights, but from incandescent textures. And it would make sense as with that many lights it would really cause some horrible lag. Also I doubt all those rooms are enterable as Arma1 showed us. Still looks great tho and even if it is as I said, it still works and well.

nice night screen smile_o.gif now with some fireworks and a sunset and it could be really artsy tounge2.gif

Nice find. No more ghost towns/permanent curfew now.

Yes, probably a mix of luminescent textures for non enterable buildings and (a handful) of regular lights for enterable ones.

Maybe it's their way to tell us light won't go through walls from now... smile_o.gif

Maybe it's their way to tell us light won't go through walls from now... smile_o.gif

maybe it works with fog and smoke as well smile_o.gif