Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

If you look at the attaked UAZ it looks like they have new models for destroyed vehicles and secondary explosions. That would be a big step forward.

I also dislike the RPG reload animation (like in OFP).

Nice to see the BM-21 Grad! Hope they finaly have a working artillery system for it! Looking forward to see it in action!

not to mention crappy animations but also no lipsyncing, lol I find it hilarious when the guy talks but his lips movement is limited. the RPG 'air' reload..meh

patrolling animation: the gun levitates in the air or what?

the static machine gun, lol the guy moves in the air whistle.gif

goodnight.gif

the static machine gun, lol the guy moves in the air  whistle.gif

I hate that ,no recoil ... but the video is pretty nice

I'm always to new impressed by the way this landscape/whole environment looks. WOW!!!!

Together with the very awesome shading+textures of the vehicle models, it "ALMOST" looks like Photorealistic.

Also i liked parts of the firing-sounds - even though NONE of them had any "echo/reverb", at the countless of woods around them - in RL this sounds much much different (go out with your local hunter - i know what im talking about), some are still old Arma ones (RPG launcher for example)

Secondary "mini-explosion" at the Burning UAZ?

Explosion part was cut-out so hopefully they are working still on the after-destruction or "after-hit" effects.

I wonder how the bullet-impacts looks form close-ranges (especially on models like trees, houses, vehicles, etc.)... Hopefully the "Decal-system" of Arma1 (the black spots) cna be replaced by small "textures" - especially on Glass... Jesus GTA4 is so awsome with its hit-effects/decals.

RPG7 reload looks bad/very unrealistic, just like in Arma1... i wonder which person in RL can reload the RPG so quick....

Or is it because the models doesn't even having a Grenade visible in their hand when doing so tounge2.gif

I think there should be a delay after AI fires such a thing at least....

Anyway, this will be MY FACTION to play with - i'm already 100% certain! rofl.gifyay.gif

Hello BIS,

Surely I am impressed with the cinematics of the lastest videos, I am impressed with choices for content you made ,

the complexity of the graphical representation is quite good, but I wish you guys could given time tweak the bloom/"white-surface glow" graphical effect.

It is too strong and quite often in my opinion used on surfaces and under angles where such effect shouldn't be at all. I mean glowing cows,thats slightly strange,no?

I am no fan of graphical perfection in every tiny detail,nor will this be the any reason for me to buy/not buy this product,

but that "white surface glow" is seriously irritating on the eyes. Not strainful as your implementation of HDR,but still irritating.

Therefore since I know ohara at least reads this forum sometimes, if there is any chance to improve this, thank you very much.

Obviously if it would require some serious work,I rather have all that work go into AI,Squad Command Interface(and UI in general),Armor Warfare,"Saving in Multiplayer",Script commands.

On a different topic: Mortars and BM-21s? Are we seriously going to get proper artillery(different from scriptillery you know)? That would be impressive to say the least.

Great Video BIS, alot of immersion and loving gritty visuals.

I just hope they can add something very similiar to Sakuras advanced gunner animations as that would be great.

Go on BIS, ask her  smile_o.gif

fantastic video  smile_o.gif

@lwlooz Full ack, it's definitive to much.

I did noticed that at first in this picture: here (Monday, 12 May 2008).

I think we all have to remember that all the sounds we hear from weapons being fired on youtube videos are very poor quality and do not represent the actual depth/vitality and range of sound the weapon makes in real life.

To record the actual sound you need reasonably hi-end recording equipment, and the same to play it back. Not some crappy hand held camera microphone recording in v.low quality.

My point is: a youtube video is not the best reference (although i know it is the most accessible reference) to use as an example of sounds.

You would think BIS should have the resources to record (or obtain recordings of) high quality weapon sounds. But maybe some of the sound files they got their hands on were not quite up to standard, although they may have been the best they could find at the time.

Hope they release a HD version of this give a better feel. love what i see though, 'bullets through trees' was not expecting that!  biggrin_o.gif

The LP in the top corner is the clue the poor rebels can only afford a standard VHS camcorder wink_o.gif

I think we all have to remember that all the sounds we hear from weapons being fired on youtube videos are very poor quality and do not represent the actual depth/vitality and range of sound the weapon makes in real life.

To record the actual sound you need reasonably hi-end recording equipment, and the same to play it back. Not some crappy hand held camera microphone recording in v.low quality.

My point is: a youtube video is not the best reference (although i know it is the most accessible reference) to use as an example of sounds.

You would think BIS should have the resources to record (or obtain recordings of) high quality weapon sounds. But maybe some of the sound files they got their hands on were not quite up to standard, although they may have been the best they could find at the time.

youtube video? o.0 er....they have their own player on the site. (and I highly doubt it will sound any different from what it is now, I think we're overhyping everything. especialyl I when I saw this vid, I started to think, that man, I expect way to much)

ooh all the vid of rp7 around internet are of bad quality, the real sound is the one in arma ? is this statment based on the ofp and arma high quality sound engine and sound effects ?

youtube video? o.0 er....they have their own player on the site. (and I highly doubt it will sound any different from what it is now, I think we're overhyping everything. especialyl I when I saw this vid, I started to think, that man, I expect way to much)

You completely missed what i was saying. I'm not talking about the quality of the arma video. I'm talking about using youtube vids as references to sounds and how it's doesnt work...

Hope they release a HD version of this give a better feel. love what i see though, 'bullets through trees' was not expecting that!  biggrin_o.gif

The LP in the top corner is the clue the poor rebels can only afford a standard VHS camcorder wink_o.gif

hahaha  rofl.gif  The amount of details applied to the plot is way too much!

Now, maybe bullets could come from the screen next time or something. (hint! hint!wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You completely missed what i was saying. I'm not talking about the quality of the arma video. I'm talking about using youtube vids as references to sounds and how it's doesnt work...

Meh Maybe I did miss, sry nothing..move on whistle.gif

I am so sick of the people that just say YOU NEED THIS AND YOU NEED THAT AND THIS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS AND THAT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT please give me and bohemia interactive a F-Break.

This game has more stuff build into it than any game on the market. Yes some games will have better graphical effects, player animations, destruction models, reload animations, sounds and Explosions but will not have the total package that this game appears to have.

I have stated this before. My old man has a good saying " YOU CAN'T PUT 10LBS OF CRAP INTO A 5LB BAG". Some of the crap needs to stay on the ground.

The developers can't put everything in one game because the technology and resources are not here. You can't have it all in life. This is not startreck and we are not on the holodeck.

This game looks fantastic! and if the gameplay is like the original OFP then no game will come close to this for the game experience and team work required if you want a military simulator war game for home use.

Just think what this game has to offer us not what should be better or what they should do because no game will be perfect just look around at all the other games on the market and the ones being work on right now. No game has what this game has the total package of a FPS/RPG/RTS game world. The only game that will come close is the new battlestation game and not even that close.

If you want something better in a military simulator war game then join the real army and get the hell off of BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE'S BACK this game will rock!

This is just my two cents!

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look! banghead.gifpistols.gifband.gifgoodnight.gifsmile_o.gifwelcome.gif

Look at the video in 0:35 The soldier in the mask make fun of the soldier on the right side rofl.gif

Hello BIS,

Surely I am impressed with the cinematics of the lastest videos, I am impressed with choices for content you made ,

the complexity of the graphical representation is quite good, but I wish you guys could given time tweak the bloom/"white-surface glow" graphical effect.

It is too strong and quite often in my opinion used on surfaces and under angles where such effect shouldn't be at all. I mean glowing cows,thats slightly strange,no?

I am no fan of graphical perfection in every tiny detail,nor will this be the any reason for me to buy/not buy this product,

but that "white surface glow" is seriously irritating on the eyes. Not strainful as your implementation of HDR,but still irritating.

Therefore since I know ohara at least reads this forum sometimes, if there is any chance to improve this, thank you very much.

Obviously if it would require some serious work,I rather have all that work go into AI,Squad Command Interface(and UI in general),Armor Warfare,"Saving in Multiplayer",Script commands.

On a different topic: Mortars and BM-21s? Are we seriously going to get proper artillery(different from scriptillery you know)? That would be impressive to say the least.

I like how the graphics are in the video, i just think it needs a slider for people like you.

I love this video. The graphics and music are great. Yes, it's not perfect, we all know that, but the only reason why we're critical is because we want BIS to do well.

-I like the brightness effect at 1:06. Is that ingame or video editing?

-I'm not quite sure if he's shooting through the trees or not. The particles are definitely awesome though.

-The guns almost sound like airsoft rifles, although, I've never heard one in real life so I'll trust BIS that this is at least remotely realistic. Even so, the sound is high quality and I like that.

Grass still goes through the bottom of the tank wheels. Is this something that can't be fixed or does that come later?

I hope there's an option to play with that Chase Cam.

May not always be practical, but damn it sure is immersive.

Well, i liked the video but i think it is the worst one out of them all. The thing i was least impressed with is the gun sounds. They sound like airsoft guns or paintball guns, im not going to bash BIS for this because its not the final product but i was dissapointed.

Agreed everything looks fantastic, leaving items for the Community to adjust, add and advertise as there own biggrin_o.gif

Imagine the complete game no need for the Modding experts notworthy.gif and these forums would be used for dating and erectile dysfunction advertising rofl.gif

dating and erectile dysfunction advertising rofl.gif

That would be awesome.

Anyway, i agree that there is a bit too much bloom, especially the sky seems to be made out of 'white' which is not good. Everything else looks great though, i loved the particle effects when the guy hit those trees. smile_o.gif

EDIT: And, the story seems interesting and the world believable, good job on that. thumbs-up.gif