Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I like the little touches to the civs, scratching but and picking nose lol biggrin_o.gif

How will be know that AI in ArmA2 is *actually* really good? They'll head for shower after doing that in the exact sequence smile_o.gif

I dont suppose anyone has noticed that in the "ArmA2 GC 1 part" video on Youtube, around 8 mins in I think there is an aircraft carrier visible?

Realy nice video. Maybe there will be some farm's mod when we have the cows wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-knowledge of Chernarussian or Russian really helps"

Anyone know wich real language will be the Chernarussian? Czech?

Is this being posted anywhere else? Looked on gametrailers and they havent even posted on the daily "newest media page". It is available on the arma2 section, but thats hidden away and only veiwable by people who search for arma2! Ign nothing updated there, gamespot same there. Just seems only old flashpoint/arma players will be playing this, due to lack of other sites showing these great weekly updates.

Sorry, all the major English text sites i know of which have large numbers visiting.

other than the cow (i like bovines even if they moved strangely as if on fast forward) i found the trailer  disappointing. everything looks damn great and amazing with the light and shade and shadows -  but then i already knew that.  and i must admit that the interaction part of the civilians reacting to how you treat them and language would add more dimension - which makes the info text was more impressive than the video.

however the animations let it down and look a little like moving in slow motion (except the cow which seems to have snacked on a pack of speed). and that arse scratching animation while a nice touch looks scripted like those useless karate animations in arma. or will civilians always scracth their arse and kick tyres when near a car?

but what about improved combat AI or walking on vehicles or FLIR or weapon handling that goes far beyond arma or any of the other big things that will make arma2 great. this video seems to me like a car salesman showing how shiny the paint on the car is without wanting to show how the car actually handles.

and bigfoot? wtf? fun for BIS i am sure but how does this make arma2 a better combat simulator.

notworthy.gif

Is this being posted anywhere else?  Looked on gametrailers and they havent even posted on the daily "newest media page".  It is available on the arma2 section, but thats hidden away and only veiwable by people who search for arma2!  Ign nothing updated there, gamespot same there.  Just seems only old flashpoint/arma players will be playing this, due to lack of other sites showing these great weekly updates.

Then drop them a mail, where is the Problem?

...alot of text...

This video should show the civilian part in the story and not all the stuff you want^^

wait for helicopter fighting trailer or something else in six weeks or so.

specialy the "no show how the car actually handles" is very difficult in videos.

and bigfoot? wtf? fun for BIS i am sure but how does this make arma2 a better combat simulator.

notworthy.gif

It's urban myth man ... adds more flavour to the campaign.

This was a weird rumor in OFP:E, also. I never saw a bigfoot and I played LOTS of OFP:E.

It's a good way to get people to keep playing. lol

The Delta Force series had Yetis at one point.

tounge2.gif I am happy to seen Bigfoot in arma 2 it's fun !

It's great suprise, I hope found many ester eggs in arma 2 !

Yeti in delta force where huh.gif I never see ! tounge2.gif

Bah everything in that video looks scripted whistle.gif

The only unscripted things are policemen who were just standing.

(I highly doubt that woman will live her life or feed 'chickens' when you place her around a house in the editor.)

goodnight.gif

Bah everything in that video looks scripted  whistle.gif

(I highly doubt that woman will live her life or feed 'chickens' when you place her around a house in the editor.)

goodnight.gif

Of course it was scripted. But the question is whether or not the campaign will actually use these animations or not. I'd like to think yes, but Arma didn't use them much, or at all, so I we'll have to wait and see.

Bah everything in that video looks scripted  whistle.gif

goodnight.gif

Of course it was scripted. But the question is whether or not the campaign will actually use these animations or not. I'd like to think yes, but Arma didn't use them much, or at all, so I we'll have to wait and see.

Well,I would buy 5 copies of Arma 2 if civs would do that by just being placed in an editor, (or some script like 'add civ life'wink_o.gif.

They should add more integrated animations for ideling units :

Side steps , scratchinf differnt parts of the body , smoking , looking at the time , etc . Nothing to fancy

scratching differnt parts of the body..

I don't like the sound of that biggrin_o.gif.

There also must be talk interactions ,like Civs talking to each other (or making love) or something biggrin_o.gif during idle

ok, Now I'll hide back to my bunker whistle.gif

About cows... Something is wrong in their animations. Fast movement but yet light while moving (it's like they walked at jogging speed) and mostly lacking sway of udders! Red cow in end had biggish udder, those things sways let me be telling you. That is all i can tell. They looked nice overall.

Only thing really bothering me was animations where that Marine walked away from his HMMWV, using safe behaviour. God i hate that animation, have hated it for year already. And also too "stiff" while walking in general seemed bit odd when women (older ones with head wear) entered church in 1:04. Young babes looked hot (i like) atlough unhappy (i don't care, as long as they are pretty).

Overall looked nice. I could imagine that being part of intro to campaign itself.

Quote[/b] ]Only thing really bothering me was animations where that Marine walked away from his HMMWV, using safe behaviour. God i hate that animation, have hated it for year already

Yes looks like we still don't get the good old OFP "Weapon on shoulder" animation back.

It was X-Times better IMHO..... hopefully guys like Teecup can fix this later on.

BTW, because of Questions:

In Arma2 you will place gamelogic called "CityLife", then on whole map AI get spawned driving cars, etc. Marek Spanel said tha on GC08.

There is a similar gamelogic for animal life.

Quote[/b] ]

In Arma2 you will place gamelogic called "CityLife", then on whole map AI get spawned driving cars, etc. Marek Spanel said tha on GC08.

There is a similar gamelogic for animal life.

Its Things like this that lift this game to a whole new level.

Marek Spanel has lied in the past so dont get ur hopes up

That 2nd Civilian footage is looking great.

About cows... Something is wrong in their animations. Fast movement but yet light while moving (it's like they walked at jogging speed) and mostly lacking sway of udders!
Well, they had a very uncooperative cow in their motion capture studio who was very sensitive about allowing the velcro markers to be placed on those areas of the stretch suit.  whistle.gif

Well its pretty late in the development process now, so its not very likely they would cancel a feature like that now.

I wonder if the police cars will have working lights and sirens. The sirens would have made the trailer a bit more interesting and I just love flashing lights. tounge2.gif

Well, I think they should add another walking animation. The new one should give more of a fast paced hiking style of walking while holding the rifle. Maybe a whole new mode? I think some more modes would be nice. There should be differen't levels of safe, such as relaxed safe (what we have now for walking animation, maybe add option to put gun on back) and patrol safe (fast paced hiking style walking with gun)