Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Quote[/b] ]hmm i distinctly hear a deep bass sound in both those youtube vids but the the balance is a good bit different to the BIS version. It seems the Bass is headed towards the ultra low wich means many of us would tend to feel it more than hear it. Human hearing is in fact a very subjective thing.

Well yes.... but surely much different from the way way to overpowered in the BIS Video. It sounds like i raised Volume way to much on some cheap speakers, or like using a sound editing tool and "normalize" it with +24dB (+2 times as Loud)

I think we shouldn't ride that horse to much, i'm sure they have read our feedback and the Sound-Guy will hopefully tweak it a bit (or a bit more tounge2.gif ).

Like Plaintiff said, their "Mega-SEF" 3D Sound engine turns out to be very cool.

Yeh. Good point.

Having spent a few months buried up to my eyeballs in F-35's, I'm surprised BIS got the model wrong, they are using in the video at least the prototype animations and not the productions animations.

I'm referring to the top hatches etc.

Southy

No surprise, it is simple. When the artist modeled this plane we had no better references than the prototype. As far as we know Marines today dont use F35B yet, so the airplane in our game is the JSF prototype.

Having spent a few months buried up to my eyeballs in F-35's, I'm surprised BIS got the model wrong, they are using in the video at least the prototype animations and not the productions animations.

Southy

No surprise, it is simple. When the artist modeled this plane we had no better references than the prototype.

Wow, how many years/months ago was this?

Or since when is the Plane in Production, @Eble ?

Southy

No surprise, it is simple. When the artist modeled this plane we had no better references than the prototype. As far as we know Marines today dont use F35B yet, so the airplane in our game is the JSF prototype.

And what about Lod popping? Does that happen everyone? whistle.gif

are there textures missing on tank crews at 1:15 ? they look weird or is it just me ?

i can't tell from this vid, will the bloom effect be applied on tracers with night vision ? i'm waiting for this since ofp

Tracers with Night vision video

Having spent a few months buried up to my eyeballs in F-35's, I'm surprised BIS got the model wrong...

Southy

Well, I have just one thing to say, and it's the first time in my life, when I use this expression 100% sure of it's meaning. So, here it goes:

PWNED

I wonder what the next clip will be about...

That trailer is made of pure win.

Only the absence of doppler effects (probably because it's unfinished atm?) and no changes in the walking animation when changing direction bother me. (the patrolling soldier)

The last one is purely graphical though, but doppler effects are needed for audial movement recognition which form a huge part of gameplay and immersion.

So far, very cool! Looking forward for next week.

Does it mean release in 6 Weeks tounge2.gif ?

whistle.gif

Haha, that was my first thought too.

Impatiently waiting for the release.

Xeno

Sounds like it is going to release in 3 months considering this post on gametrailers.com:

IDEAGames Posted 1-30-2009 2:57am

This video was made to support the ARMA2 homepage update. We didn't want to make another teaser.

There will be eleven updates on http://www.arma2.com in following weeks introducing factions, weapons and vehicles in the game - this time the first and main faction - US Marine Corps.

More info will come in following weeks smile_o.gif

It would mean that the game is out in May or June. So the latest review page was correct.

Southy

No surprise, it is simple. When the artist modeled this plane we had no better references than the prototype.

Wow, how many years/months ago was this?

Or since when is the Plane in Production, @Eble ?

I guess you have to take into accout when BIS started working on the F35B.

Just like BIS footmunch's model had the animations for the doors opening the same as the prototype(only ref photo at the time), I had to alter those to the production version.

The F35B isn't in general production, thats correct, but they have finalised the design and it's not as shown in the video.

It's no big problem it's just a case of the hatches opening the wrong, way, I'm sure someone will correct the model once the game comes out.

Wasn't really meant as a 'you f%^ked' up message, just we saw the F35 in an earlier video and I'm sure someone else point out the model changes etc.

Southy

Wow...when the A10 did the fly by I almost pithed myself 8) Still as stated before the sound was great but I've heard em in rl an there is a distict high pitch twing that comes from the engine rather than the dull(base) roar/rumble. Awsome video seemed as the running animations were a bit quick-just my 2 cents. As b4 this is my #1 Must Have game of 09!!

Good stuff . KA

I wouldve liked the A10 to go vertical closer to the camera

like, a10 sound, like woa.

Anyway, I approve with everything in this video except the prediction of the dow @ 14000, that's ridiculous, fix it.

wink_o.gif

Ok Ok guys, can someone please look at exactly 0:47 - 0:49 (tank standing).

Now watch the lower BACK of the Tank  - can you see the same "heat-distortions/heat-flickering" (dunno the correct term sorry) like me?

Please use the HD Download Video as a source for it.

That would be Killer if they go into such detail.....

Or is this some strange foliage flickering like we already have in Arma1 huh.gif

Looks like a winner to me!

Really like the new sound fx and the blooming with NVG's, hope they improved the AI to the same standard as the rest.

Standingby...

/KC

Now watch the lower BACK of the Tank  - can you see the same "heat-distortions/heat-flickering" (dunno the correct term sorry) like me?

Or is this some strange foliage flickering like we already have in Arma1 huh.gif

Ypu, I saw that too, a heat distortion smile_o.gif

and btw, the night helicopter scene, was that scripted or the AI in the works? I am talking about the guy, who came out of the chopper and started to cover the other guys... notworthy.gif

I hope it is heat distortion but I think it is the trees, if you look around it does in other places as well. They are going into detail with the models though, the welding and plate thickness on the tank really struck my eye. look at 1.12 to 1.17  notworthy.gif

Just been playing arma and now the models in the game look really basic compared

It is getting really interesting. It might just be that OFP2 is released first. Some game retailers list the street date as 29.3.2009.

But there is very little info or screen shots of the new Flashpoint available. I do not trust pre-rendered animations as they have nothing to do with the game itself.

The A-10 sounds interesting . And regarding to the heat from the tank , i think its just the trees , but we cant exclude the posibility of heat having the bending effect on the air .

I hope it is heat distortion but I think it is the trees, if you look around it does in other places as well. They are going into detail with the models though, the welding and plate thickness on the tank really struck my eye. look at 1.12 to 1.17  notworthy.gif

Just been playing arma and now the models in the game look really basic compared

Oh damn...I got my hopes high, but I can confirm there is no Heat in there, just trees.

I just wish they would implement some sort of 'dynamic rotor system' , like that of RKSL, for the helicopters. It really makes a difference. Additionally, they should add a little more weight at takeoff, now it's like the helicopters "snap" off the ground.

Great work !  notworthy.gif

+ Tanks have weight?! OMG, i couldn't believe it....

Hmm...I don't think that was 'weight' in action.  

By looking how other vehicles move, I believe the tank is just passing rocky terrain or is constantly stoppping (arma style) to let the other tank pass), so it kind of moved, like it had weight.

Coincidence maybe, I don't know, but hell, that looked good.

I just wish they would implement some sort of 'dynamic rotor system' , like that of RKSL, for the helicopters. It really makes a difference. Additionally, they should add a little more weight at takeoff, now it's like the helicopters "snap" off the ground.

Great work !  notworthy.gif

Yes , they could add an animation on the landing gear , like presure is beeing aplied on it when the helos take off.