Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Easier to to aim and carry - sure, but when firing a lighter weapon suffers more from recoil than a heavier one.

Depending on other factors like caliber, used muzzlebreak, etc....

what will be cool arma and ofp2 will come out more or less the same time

one will be better than the other, but many will no doubt buy both and play both for a bit.

the game that is better will be talked about in the game thats not so good, and potentially a lot of arma2 players cud be brand new onto the scene, out of ofp2s marketing who got ofp2 and in multi was told arma2 is way better.

then there is always the flip side, but for an end gamer, i dont rele care who made the game, as long as its good, but this is BI big chance.

the freedom of mission making kept me into arma for so long, the clan spirit where u cud laugh a ping pong ball style physics, but still play on the mission.

I'm not so sure. I think ArmA 2 is closer to finished. Unless there is a dramatic delay, I really can't see these two games coming out even in the same six month period.

I'm asking myself if OFP2 will eventually release something else, even a trailer tounge2.gif

After Arma 2 HD trailer (and TBH a bit before, too), still no news from them. Are they assured of their product, of the customers, or are they "afraid" ?

I'm not looking anymore for OFP2, I have to say... until we have new, I mean, *new* informations, no pre-rendered pics of scripted action !

edit : on topic line, I'd had that BI communication is actually nice for me, not too much (as always, not enough for me-gamer : "another trailer - a demo - th3 g4m3 plizzzzzzzz") but nice to be kept aware of the situation smile_o.gif

ARMA 2 looks close to finished but they haven't been developing the possible console version alongside which could give OFP 2 a bit of a console headstart.

Since when does deploying as bipod take time? Flick switch, legs drop,put weapon on ground. Not difficult. Certainly not time consuming. If you're talking about harris bipods being set up on a sniper rifle then I can see that the whole thing takes time to guage wind, range in spots, level the weapon etc. But there's no real way of simulating that.

I do however like the idea of limiting the amount of lateral movement when prone full stop, and with a bipod resting on anything in any stance.

Since when does deploying as bipod take time? Flick switch, legs drop,put weapon on ground. Not difficult. Certainly not time consuming. .....

I do however like the idea of limiting the amount of lateral movement when prone full stop, and with a bipod resting on anything in any stance.

you are absolutely right- it doesn't take lots of time.

however it does take a little time to get on ground, 'Flick switch, legs drop,put weapon on ground.' and into the firing position.

that's exactly what i would like to see, as a proper way of gaining that reduced recoil and stability.

not the current instant flop onto guts as bipods always set and ready to go. where's the immersion in that?

I really like "twisted" suggestions he made earlier in this topic, i think thats "a" way to go for greatly enhancing and optimizing infantry battle.

Hopefully BIS considers this or that from these suggestions... hopefully.... pistols.gif

I'm not so sure.  I think ArmA 2 is closer to finished.  Unless there is a dramatic delay, I really can't see these two games coming out even in the same six month period.

According to my quick semi-statistical pseudo-analysis, it will be delayed by at least 12 months.

that was the hd trailer which has been around for while and available at arma2 website. nothing new. would like to see something new- especially on ai.

No. That's the trailer that's been on the ArmA 2 site for a while now.

Gametrailers was just a bit late.

Edit: whoops, didn't see all the posts saying the same thing as me before I posted rofl.gif

Anyway, the video is getting a pretty good response on Gametrailers.

I got a question that suddenly struck me. Is the mod library still going to be included in A2? It's been a while since it has been mention, but from what I recall it was going to be something similar to the way Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion had systemized their mods (the game itself being a "mod"). Am I completely wrong here?

I got a question that suddenly struck me. Is the mod library still going to be included in A2? It's been a while since it has been mention, but from what I recall it was going to be something similar to the way Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion had systemized their mods (the game itself being a "mod"). Am I completely wrong here?

Never heard of that before, sorry.... but sounds interesting!

Quote[/b] ]"There's also a feature BIS calls The Library. All content in Game 2 is an add-on, whether it came with the game officially or not. The Library keeps track of add-ons in the mission editor, listing additional data such as vehicle speed and armour values, so designing a mission becomes easier to balance."

-PCFormat (May 2006)

This is very old info, I know. And the last part seems to refer to 'The Armoury' (.. listing additional data such as vehicle speed and armour values..).

It's the first part I'm wondering about (...All content in Game 2 is an add-on, whether it came with the game officially or not..)

It's the first part I'm wondering about (...All content in Game 2 is an add-on, whether it came with the game officially or not..)

Look in your ArmA(1) addon folder, almost all official content is an addon there too.

Only some of it is stored in the dta folder instead, but that can be replaced with mods as well.

I don't know if that's what was meant in the preview though.

That is a change from Operation Flashpoint, where only content added after version 1.0 was an addon.

Yes, that's correct. Its what they call 'The Library' I'm curious about. Is it like i assume it is*, like it's in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? And is it still under development?

*(select, deselect mods/addons from a list instead of writing "-mod=DBE1;xMOD;" behind the shotcuts)

No, i think its like Madmatt already said.

Its basically the armory i think and yes, nearly everything content-related is an "addon" in Arma already (folder Addons).

Anyway, hope we see some more news around Christmas/Sylvester about Arma2 tounge2.gif

Very well, I'll leave it to that conclusion. smile_o.gif

Sure hope within Dec. we'll get some news about the development wink_o.gif

If you unlocked all of the content in ArmA 1, I think that a mission called 'The Library' would appear. It was not very similar to 'The Armoury', but allowed you to view a catalogue of ArmA content, IIRC.