Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

@Max Power

Talk to me in english. If you got any problem, please PM me.

Backing on topic: it will be another hotfix (not a real patch), that don't change version of the game (still 3.0).

Edited by funkee

So far Impact is my fav map. Bridge comes second.

Well i havent even been able to login... found a really sweet detail though :) .

Open the console and type "camera freecam" (without the quote marks).

Switch the camera around your character and place it in front of you.

Press R and reload, you character model replaces a partially expanded magazine with a new one and you can see him take the magazine from the pouch, he will also place fully expanded mags in the "sack".

AA has the best 3rd person animation detail i have ever seen yet in a game, thats a good thing atleast :D .

@Max Power

Talk to me in english. If you got any problem, please PM me.

Backing on topic: it will be another hotfix that don't change version of the game (still 3.0).

What I wrote is in perfect english, and no I don't have a problem.

Yeah the people who do animations for AA3 will definately have some nice stuff to show potential future employers.

I've been playing AA3 for a while and I have to say the game kicks ass! shooting, atmospherics, sounds, GFX (explosions) are amazing. Graphics as you can see below (antialiasing is off):

12078946.jpg

67381761.jpg

73407825.jpg

30764978.jpg

68055799.jpg

Edited by funkee

How about the perfromance ? Is it a big HW hog ? I only trust people who actually played it xD

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

How about the perfromance ? Is it a big HW hog ? I only trust people who actually played it xD

It runs good on if you make the game look better AND run better, by changing these lines in AA3Engine.ini

DepthOfField=false

MotionBlur=false

Bloom=false

UseHighQualityBloom=false

There's no concrete walls that act like a 10000W spotlight when sun hits them, and everything in general looks more crisp and no excessive fuzzy image when you turn around.

Im getting 50 - 60 fps at Resolution 1600/1200 and everything set to max. my system: C2D E8400 @ 4GHz, GF 8800 GTS 512, 2 GB RAM, Vista x64

Edited by funkee

Im getting 50 - 60 fps at Resolution 1600/1200 and everything set to max. my system: C2D E8400 @ 4GHz, GF 8800 GTS 512, 2 GB RAM, Vista x64

I'm getting the same with E6750@3,33GHz, HD 4870 512, 4GB RAM and XP 32-bit except I have those tweaks on to make it look and run better.

look and run better at once? hmm interesting. I have to try it :D

GAH, tried it and it runs great BUT it looks like you-know-what. Why do AA2 look better ? :confused:

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Hi, i still don't know how to get rid of the splitt creen 1280x1024, i've look into the .ini of

the game but i don't see anything there, someone haves an idea?. Let's C ya

GAH, tried it and it runs great BUT it looks like you-know-what. Why do AA2 look better ? :confused:

cuz AA2 runs in fullscreen and you haven't disabled useless features like motionblur.

Game is very poorly coded.

All other games using the unreal 3 engine look better and also run better. I get way better FPS in other unreal 3 games.

I was just comparing it to another game. COD4 graphics are 50x better and i get 80fps in that game, AA3 looks far worse and i only get like 35fps.

That out of the way, its quite a good game, gameplay is nice.

...COD4 graphics are 50x better and i get 80fps in that game, AA3 looks far worse and i only get like 35fps.

dude you compare payable, 1 of the best PC games to a free one? You don't fool me :) for me AA3 and CoD4 runs and looks similar. something must be wrong with your system.

Edited by funkee

Game is very poorly coded.

All other games using the unreal 3 engine look better and also run better. I get way better FPS in other unreal 3 games.

I was just comparing it to another game. COD4 graphics are 50x better and i get 80fps in that game, AA3 looks far worse and i only get like 35fps.

That out of the way, its quite a good game, gameplay is nice.

It was like that in the last iteration of the game too. Maybe as they build on this new engine it will polish as they go. It's always been a bit of a brute. In the previous versions I found its handling to be quite stiff.

Why does AA still use a closed map system like Counter strike/COD'MW? I still remember AA1 where we fought over a stupid bridge without the ability to really use tactic's like flanking and such....whoops invisible wall here guys , guess we'll have to rush em Rambo style.

Never again AA!

Better idea ,US Gov needs to buy up enough VBS 2 packs for every gamer out there and truly show potential recruits what their in for :)

Still no surround gaming support?

Not going to get played by me unless they add it.

AA2 is fine.