Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

Its a very fun game to be honest, cant wait for the Release on the 17th now tbh, got it preloaded but will only have 1 night to play as ArmA2 will come the next day / 2 days after..

Oh and the most popular map from AA 2.x after SF was added has to be SF_Hospital but wont be in 3 till SF is released that is if they make a hospital remake

You can get into the beta on fileplanet: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/americas-army-3/

Tried around a bit yesterday, sadly the connection was as bad as it has been since version 1 for me. Seems like I won't play this one, too.

weird, its fine for me apart from the medic bug where i cant get past doing the IV drip but that hopfully will be fixed on release

As a rule of thumb, I consider any bug found in beta more than likely to also be found in the release version of any game.

Public beta's is more about stress testing, I suggest.

Edited by Baff1

The first cause of this problem is my connection. I have only got DSL 1000, so 120/16 kB/s down/up.

I generally always sort servers for ping times and never was able to find a server where I could play AA properly.

I guess there was something wrong with the beta, too which might get fixed. It showed my own ping as 40-50 which is completely out of range for me and I walked most paths twice.

But I don't think this will ever get to a reasonable rate for me, maybe it's the Unreal engine in general? I could never really play SWAT 4 over the internet as well.

I've nver had connection issues with Americas Army, even like 6 years ago when on dial up connection game ran fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUlEm6z_XiI&NR=1

I do love the graphics, weapon sounds and animations. Been playing America's Army for years, but now (v3.0) it looks like completely new game. May be a serious rival for ArmA2 with it's 2 major advantages over the BI product: is free and smooth (read it "playble"). Sry for my english. :D

Edited by funkee

Maybe I'm just tired, but that video look so... wrong. Isnt AA3 supposed to be an ultra-realistic military sim? Yet the video movement was so fast I couldnt even stand watching past half the video, got too motion sick. Stairs didnt even seem to phase this super soldier as he actually increased speed going up them.

Isnt AA3 supposed to be an ultra-realistic military sim?

No, it's a free, flashy, twitchy, "fun" recruitment tool.

No, it's a free, flashy, twitchy, "fun" recruitment tool.

I wouldn't say - it has many more realistic features than ARMA II, like totally authentic sounds (bullet spray near your head will actually suppress you because of this) and ultrarealistic weapon handling for example. CQB is more realistic and enjoyable than ARMA II and long range isn't that bad too.

Edited by Leopardi

confirm. the sound of bullets flying near your head is amazing and may cause a heart atack. additionaly, your accuracy decreases, so you can't hit anything while under fire. this makes suppresing fire very useful, so the game is much more cooperative than arma.

Edited by funkee

Because it has realistic features does not mean it's not fun, flashy, or twitchy.

confirm. the sound of bullets flying near your head is amazing and may cause a heart atack. additionaly, your accuracy decreases, so you can't hit anything while under fire. this makes suppresing fire very useful, so the game is much more cooperative than arma.

If things are done wright you dont need artificial gimmicks like those..

maybe, but smoothness and lack of mouse lag are not "artificial gimmicks". well, we'll see after 19th.

Edited by funkee

Americas Army unlocks in like 10 hours or so. Gonna be awesome. Played Americas Army 2 for like 4 years back in the day and look forward to the next 4 years in Americas Army 3.

If things are done wright you dont need artificial gimmicks like those..

It's not artificial. The character gets exited so the sights sway a bit more.

Americas Army unlocks in like 10 hours or so. Gonna be awesome...

And is it free to download? omg I can't wait :yay:

btw: could you plz put some links?

:D

dlri4kdo.jpg

later testing game :D but arma2 better for me :)

Goddamnit this Steam piece of shit... STILL CANT DOWNLOAD and the timer already disappeared ages ago.