Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

Heh.  It somehow seems less detailed and less well rendered than ArmA 2's shots.

Yeah man and it's also free and only like 7 million players registered play it. who would want to play that cowcod? biggrin_o.gif

Heh.  It somehow seems less detailed and less well rendered than ArmA 2's shots.

Yeah man and it's also free and only like 7 million players registered play it. who would want to play that cowcod? biggrin_o.gif

I wasn't saying it was a bad game. I was just surprised that it looks worse than ArmA 2 given the smaller scale, that's all. I used to play it up until the version where they introduced special forces and rpgs. It's a great game. Those shots way back whenever I made that comment looked surprisingly low definition, though. I was expecting more fine detail and a more robust renderer.

I wasn't saying it was a bad game.  I was just surprised that it looks worse than ArmA 2 given the smaller scale, that's all.  I used to play it up until the version where they introduced special forces and rpgs.  It's a great game.  Those shots way back whenever I made that comment looked surprisingly low definition, though.  I was expecting more fine detail and a more robust renderer.

The new shots show a completely different level of quality.

Some people just don't get that AA is no ArmA/OFP.... tounge2.gif

AA is not trying to compete with Open-landscape-battle games.

you are right!

no free game could offer that

I wasn't saying it was a bad game.  I was just surprised that it looks worse than ArmA 2 given the smaller scale, that's all.  I used to play it up until the version where they introduced special forces and rpgs.  It's a great game.  Those shots way back whenever I made that comment looked surprisingly low definition, though.  I was expecting more fine detail and a more robust renderer.

I don't wanna bash but you are attempting to compare apples with oranges. It's not even fair trying to compare the 2. AA is more polished runs better and is more popular.

Well, the problem it has is that it is meant to be a recruitment advertising tool. On an ad about leather shoes, I'd expect I'd buy leather shoes and not plastic boots.

America's Army should depict army life. It's not about being Arma or ofp, it's about being close to the real deal. Since I'm not in the US army i can not tell you what the real deal is, but it's certainly not what America's army is. smile_o.gif

But I don't want to play a game where the only thing I do is wake up at some random early ass time; then stand around for 12 hours waiting for something to happen just so the First Sergeant can come rushing out of his office pissed off that we didn't do whatever we were supposed to do (which he forgot to disseminate to platoon sergeants) and spend the next 6-8 hours doing what we could have been doing during the work day, just to get home, collapse in bed, then get woken up at 0300 to be told to come in even earlier than the day before for a UA.

No thanks.

I don't wanna bash but you are attempting to compare apples with oranges. It's not even fair trying to compare the 2. AA is more polished runs better and is more popular.

Speaking of an assortment of fruits, I was talking about graphics fidelity, not whatever you're trying to talk about here.

Speaking of an assortment of fruits, I was talking about graphics fidelity, not whatever you're trying to talk about here.

Graphically ArmA isnt the e all end all as well. So again not sure why your comparing the 2

Because the new pipeline is more bare than most of ArmA2 screenshots?

Does anyone else see the irony there? crazy_o.gif

Because the new pipeline is more bare than most of ArmA2 screenshots?

No it's not.

Well, the problem it has is that it is meant to be a recruitment advertising tool. On an ad about leather shoes, I'd expect I'd buy leather shoes and not plastic boots.

America's Army should depict army life. It's not about being Arma or ofp, it's about being close to the real deal. Since I'm not in the US army i can not tell you what the real deal is, but it's certainly not what America's army is. smile_o.gif

But I don't want to play a game where the only thing I do is wake up at some random early ass time; then stand around for 12 hours waiting for something to happen just so the First Sergeant can come rushing out of his office pissed off that we didn't do whatever we were supposed to do (which he forgot to disseminate to platoon sergeants) and spend the next 6-8 hours doing what we could have been doing during the work day, just to get home, collapse in bed, then get woken up at 0300 to be told to come in even earlier than the day before for a UA.

No thanks.

This is of course the part that is deliberately ommitted for an ad :P

But the part about the fighting, that could be more real biggrin_o.gif

No thanks.

LOL, I love this post.

So true, So true. The good old days. Haha.

Graphically ArmA isnt the e all end all as well. So again not sure why your comparing the 2

twcrash, This is your lucky day.  I would be glad to help you with that misunderstanding.

I know ArmA2 isn't the be all and end all.  Why would someone compare something to 'the be all and end all' in the first place?  I think I was clear about what I was comparing two, but evidently there is some flaw in the communication here, so let's take a look.

There is a difference in scales between ArmA 2 and AA3.  AA3 has a smaller scope.  For the same detail, and all else being equal, every time you double the distance from the player, the scene becomes more complex to the power of 2 (or to the power of two, divided by 2, or something like that).  So, for the same processing power, a world half as big can have a square the number of polys and textures, or other shaders or whatever, minus whatever (substantial number) you can save on LODs.

Given AA2's substantially smaller scale, it surprises me that, while the inside of the farmhouse looks really good at this current point, the terrain out the window looks kind of bad.  

I was expecting more detail because they should have the processing budget for it.  I was just surprised, that's all.

I think you are forgetting that (on my rig) Americas Army 2 will play at a solid 120 frames per second and that ArmA2 will have trouble with 25.

Make no mistake AA will look and play better than ArmA 2.

It offers a much more limited scenario, but what Unreal does, it does extremely well.

I think you are forgetting that (on my rig) Americas Army 2 will play at a solid 120 frames per second and that ArmA2 will have trouble with 25.

It offers a much more limited scenario, but what Unreal does, it does extremely well.

And how do you know Arma2 will give your rig troubles and 25FPS..

No one knows how good or bad Arma2 will play untill we actually get it so making statements like that is just really a bunch of lies and completely dismisses your post smile_o.gif

Dismiss away mate.

I've played 3 iterations of this software.

If you think it's suddenly going to start playing like Unreal you've lost it.

You know what you are going to get and so does everyone else here.

I'm not forgetting anything about the performance. Of course a less complex scene will render faster than a more complex one. Usually when you're taking screen shots, you're taking shots of the highest possible settings. So, these shots of ArmA2 and AA3 are both ostensibly turned up to their maximum settings. I wasn't expecting ArmA2's engine to be more efficient, but the point is moot because of the differences in scene complexity. Probably AA3 is geared less toward the enthusiast market that ArmA2.

Does anyone here play America's Army: True Soldiers for the Xbox 360?

I've been playing it a lot over Xbox Live lately and will continue too...............................until Arma2 comes out that is. I sure hope the 360 version of arma2 dosen't get canceled!!!!!!! :pray:

Anyway if my Gamertag is: FloodPhobia777

sorry dude,this game suck ass!! i had it for the 360,now a have a ps3,anyway this game was real bad imo....sorry...do ya like any other games??

That actually doesn't look too bad. Funny how they've been leaked, though.

very run & gun style this time,

shacky cam seems off the grid, running speed, fixed hand, and the side slide thing.........oh dear,

not sure if i will like it that way

but yeah, stop reloading and go directly to dash and continue reload after slowing down/stop is a good idea that BI should look at

Edited by 4 IN 1

Very run&gun? That's less run&gun than any other version of AA before. you can't hit anything with that shaky cam so you have to aim to kill.

shacky cam dont make people stop run&gun i am afraid, its the movement style