Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

ArmA Texturing How-To

I thought I'd post it here since it would be easier to find for everyone interested.

I'm proud to release my texturing tutorial. This 'how-to' will explain my texturing workflow abit with some techniques I use. Durring the tutorial I will be making normal, color and specular map for a tank armor plate.

You can grab the file here. It is a PDF file of about 3MB.

Hope its usefull to somebody!

Regards,

Alex

ARMEDASSAULT.INFO MIRROR ->> HERE

ARMAHOLIC.COM MIRROR ->> HERE

EPRISON MIRROR ->>HERE

Thnx for the mirrors!  xmas_o.gif

Pretty nice. Quite clear and simple.

I do not put details in blue channel of SMDI however, it has low quality by default because it is supposed to be used to define materials, rather than adding details. You get bricks in it if you cave as SMDI.

Lovely job!

FYI, saving a texture file as _as from TexView2 will also give you a SPECULAR map.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I use 64bit vista and TexView dont work for me sad_o.gif

Really? It works fine for me?

Do you get any sort of error?

just CTDs as soon as I press the open button or go to File>Open

I have a similar issue with TexView2 on 32bit Vista. While the problem I have isn't as extreme as yours is Soul_Assassin, its still a pain in the buttocks. When I open a file and try to save it, I can only save it to the same directory from which I opened the original file. Everytime I try to browse to a different folder (either by using the 'Up' button or manually typing the entire path into the field and hitting enter), the program just closes with no error at all. Its not too difficult to save the file, and then just cut & paste it where I need it, but it would be far simpler to just save it where it needs to go in the first place.

just CTDs as soon as I press the open button or go to File>Open

That is strange, same as Rock I'm also using 64bit Vista and its working perfect.

Could you post some more details about your system, drivers, install paths (BI Tools)?

I got TexView to work but i still cant use the Open command or Save in any folder than the folder of the original texture. I get around the opening by just dragging the source file into TexView.

I got TexView to work but i still cant use the Open command or Save in any folder than the folder of the original texture. I get around the opening by just dragging the source file into TexView.

What happens when you set the Sourcefiles (Tga) To use Texview as the standart program to open those files?

What happens when you set the Sourcefiles (Tga) To use Texview as the standart program to open those files?

dunno, will check yay.gif