Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

NZDF Mod

I haven't finished all LODs, this will result the vehicle disappear  at far distance, and the turret isn't fully functional. I want to try to let the Cmdr to be able to control the main turret when turned in like gunner does, but my knowledge with config is very limited, have no idea how to achive that.

The release was intended to be tested within VMA, but if someone is intereted to help with config and modelcfg, will be much appreciated.

and here are 2 SS to show the current state of the NZLAV:

ss3copypz0.jpg

ss5copybo6.jpg

I haven't finished all LODs, this will result the vehicle disappear  at far distance, and the turret isn't fully functional. I want to try to let the Cmdr to be able to control the main turret when turned in like gunner does, but my knowledge with config is very limited, have no idea how to achive that.

For LODs you can just take your main LOD and start trimming off all the little bits (guards, bolts etc) and gradually do this until you have a bare hull and wheels. It'll give you 4-5 lods.

Works well enough unless you hull itself has 10,000 polys

For the commander, pretty sure thats impossible. Only one person is in control of the turret at any time.

Lovely work !

I want to try to let the Cmdr to be able to control the main turret when turned in like gunner does, but my knowledge with config is very limited, have no idea how to achive that.

I know nothing about configs but could you put a Manuel fire switch in that could allow the commander and/or gunner to fire the weapons like in the AH-1?

Speaking of the Hueys we have done a new paint, added realistic sounds and added 2 gun versions, 1 with mag58s and the other one with the C9 Minimis.

uh.jpg

minimi.jpg

by the way does anyone when looking from the external view know how to fix a problem where the guns appear to be flashing?

(I plan to get a video up soon of the hueys to demonstrate the new sounds lebrun and me have integrated into the uh1hs)

As its been a while since the last update due to real life commitments the team thought it be best to show what we will be offering for air support,Col.Klink 's a4 ported from ofp by southy and retro-fitted by me.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

as you will of probably noticed is that the textures need some tweaking here and there. Hopefully if all goes well we will have a alpha nzdf mod release soon

Hey those A-4's are looking cool, I've learnt alot about conversions since the time I did those A-4's

Let me know if you want the special effects package added and i'll throw it on for you.

Cheers

Southy

yea man that'd be awesome, also need to have a chat to you about rvmats on some certain ships

Looks great, NZDF!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Would you consider releasing the M249+ Acog as part of an infantry weapons pack? pistols.gif

Just an idea - fantastic work to you and your team, Sir

Stew

Update on the NZLAVIII

lav1.jpg

lav2.jpg

lav3.jpg

Also we have been tirelessly working on the ANZAC Class Frigates and also the Uh1H and C130H.

anzac.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

u1.jpg

Also a short vid demonsrtating the Angel flares on the C130H a big thanks to Loki and Deanos,srry for the audio had ts running during the recording of the video

Hey all just a quick not on what ive done recently and to clear up on some people's views.

I have done a complete new dpm pattern for the troops getting rid of the british colours snout had based the troops off and now more realistic i hope.

4-2.jpg

Any suggestions needed in order to improve the textures will be taken aboard and implemented if possible.

3-2.jpg

Ive also done a new paint scheem on the rnzaf c130h invalidating the poor loooking blueish colour and now making it similar in colour to its realife equivalent as well as now being ace compatibe with flares and all.

1-3.jpg

Recently we attained permission from team kbt and cheyenne to use and modify the p3 orion into the rnzaf p3k with anti-sub,CAS and surveilance varients (dont laugh on occaision NZ does use the P3 on our bombing ranges as we no longer use any fast movers)

2-2.jpg

Once a couple of us get Arma2 we will try focus on making it work as it does in aa1, also just to clear this up we arent affiliated with VMA.

(Map used is Padoga for the screenshots)

Big thanks goes to Cheyenne,Rocket,wld427 and last but not least mankyle.

Thanks STGN suggestions noted and Dean for the mlods and kind comments, if you are keen i will email you the links for the finished results after ive completed some troubleshooting and also porting to arma2.

Dean you dont mind me having a few girlie pics in the cockpit do ya? Just trying to keep it real as all the c130s ive been in has a variety of them

Go for it ;) The cockpit needs some more stuff in it. Hit me up on MSN if you need the 3ds Max source files.

Might have to discuss arma2 porting with ya at some stage