Sign in to follow this  
zootia

A-10 Gun piper off center in MP

This is a screenshot of the A10 in the map editor preview.

arma2008-11-0917-04-14-86.jpg<span style='color:red'>> 100kb</span>

And now this is the A10 in Evolution V3 on some server.

arma2008-11-0917-03-17-13-1.jpg<span style='color:red'>> 100kb</span>

Notice how the white dot is off center? It's really hard to hit targets in MP with the white gun piper dot sitting over that black square obstucting my view.

I think the problem is the the new patch zooms the fov in the aircraft cockpit, throwing the gun piper off center.

odd, because it only happens in MP.

This is because your head is looking too far down.  If you match the viewing angle of the top pic, it should come back to centre.  Notice where on the instrument panel the bottom cuts off.

edit: I should say that I don't know what the reason is for the offcentreness of the head in MP, but that is reason for the HUD being off. I wonder if you hold alt and release it if it will snap back to the proper position, or if it will snap to this offcentre position.

No thats not the case. I did not move my head in either of the pictures. Thats the default view as soon as you get in the plane. The FOV is just different in MP than it is in SP, and thats whats causing the issue.

If you want to put the white gun piper in the green circle in your HUD, you have to raise your head so far that you can't even see most of the HUD.

Yeah, if you're using my units as a unit replacement, they have a different view point. I suggest disabling that if you're going to be flying with a non-pilot model.

No thats not the case. I did not move my head in either of the pictures. Thats the default view as soon as you get in the plane. The FOV is just different in MP than it is in SP, and thats whats causing the issue.

If you want to put the white gun piper in the green circle in your HUD, you have to raise your head so far that you can't even see most of the HUD.

Naw, I don't think so. I think it's a camera placement issue like I said before, possibly caused by an addon issue like my associates stated above.

Yep. smile_o.gif Turn off your replacement pack if you're going to be flying with non-pilot models. The 1ID troops are meant to be kept firmly on the ground. wink_o.gif

Yeah Im using 1st div inf. Thats the issue?

Likely. Try using a non 1st ID unit in the aeroplane and see if the problem persists.

Who pilot planes? Of course, pilots! Not soldiers.

1st Div. pilots don't have that FOV problem, and you should use them why you flight.

Then again, you are playing Evolution, so good bye to real simulation.

Who pilot planes? Of course, pilots! Not soldiers.

1st Div. pilots don't have that FOV problem, and you should use them why you flight.

Then again, you are playing Evolution, so good bye to real simulation.

Agreed.

zootia

+1 WL for posting 2 images >100kb. By now you're long enough around to know the 100kb rule.