Sign in to follow this  
december

Graphic tears with Javelin?

3 or 4 members on our server (SimHQ) have recently been experiencing strange graphics where graphics are stretched out at many angles from a single point.

This happens when the Javelin is used in a mission.

Has anyone experienced this?

We haven't checked video card makers, driver versions, compatibility with addons etc yet, just a general inquiry to see if this is happening on other servers.

Cheers.

hi mate, i honestly havent come across this issue using the javerlin, the graphical issue you explained sounds like maybe there Gfx cards are over heating, can u maybe provide a screen shot the next it happens.

I think someone should be able to do that.

I too have started to get the problem, 88ooGTX with no heating problems.

Graphical artifacts are caused by Javelin launcher model.

I've remade the model from CA_Hotfix (1.14) using ArmA Sample Vehicles Weapons. The model from hotfix.pbo is very vulnerable to loading bugs.

ZGB_ModelFix RC1 - Download from zShare

Seems to be a nVidia issue.

Never saw it on my ATI card, but am seeing it once in a while with my 8800GT, and thats not just Javelin related. I can be in a camp trying to cap it on Warfare and something in the camp messes up my graphics (explodes into a mess of triangles when I look a certain way).

The latest drivers from nVidia seem to help though... its been a long time since I've run into the problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I will check which card players are using and see if it is related.

Its not just the Javelin, it can happen to any object.. I think it has to do with recent drivers or perhaps arma itself. I have experienced it on multiple computers, with both ATI and NVidia cards. Fences, houses, players, launchers(yes Javelin), are all things I've seen get fubar'd.

The issue looks like verts stretching off into infinity.. its very much a mess. Sometimes alt-tabbing helps. Maybe it has to do with the games management of v-ram? It seems to be corrupting the 3d geometry in memory. I don't know where the geometry is stored though, system memory or vram.

I'm guessing its arma though, since that particular issue does not seem to happen with other games. The other black out/freeze/color and tex corruption issue is different from this, since that only occurs on late model Nvidia cards.