Sign in to follow this  
YacieK

Camel vs ..who?

Fly, even shooting biggrin_o.gif , but is still a lot of amendments before them. As in Fokker DR 1 and Albatros D III. wink_o.gif

Nice model biggrin_o.gif

Historically not a very common opponent for Camel as D VIII came only in the very late of the war and in few numbers.

Funnily, I thought the same thing some time ago (that Camel should have an opponent), but I started making Fokker DrI, but it is still lacking cockpit and textures.

I was about to say the same, not a common enemy for the Camel but a fine looking one!

Quote[/b] ]Historically not a very common opponent for Camel as D VIII came only in the very late of the war and in few numbers.
Yes, I know about it. This is a game and not the realities of history. smile_o.gif Specially chosen Fokker VIII, Has a different shape than Camel, is more agile, despite the weaker engine and smaller speed was serious opponent for the Allies. In DM fly it well, and it is the most important.

regards

hey, somekind of Red Baron Arma mod can awake my interest in arma. anything else in plans ? dirigible, bpmbers ?

what about scripting ? dual mg's script can be attached for ex. i'd like to see more complicated destruct system (with wings shot away etc), but afaik there're no way to get hitted selection for planes sad_o.gif

looking forward for the release. most awaiting addon for me smile_o.gif

I think the most important aspect in terms of scripting would be a damage model (or perhaps several models depending on impact angle).

I can't imagine they would have lost wings very often in dogfights but I very much doubt they bounced long distances fully intact and on fire once they did go earth bound.

how i see scripted damage model.

- make model itself almost immortal (though there're some tweaks needed to make ai attack it)

- attach several separate invisible firegeo 'boxes' to the model. one for left wing, another for tail, engine etc. 5 should be

- once box is damaged/destroyed we can simulate failure via scripts.

There's a good idea to simulate wings damage:

add an animated box in Geometry box with like a third of plane mass. thus if you move this box right - the plane will roll right like if there're holes in this wing, move it further - plane will roll and fall realistically.

damaged wing can be shown via an animation and/or hidden selections.

I'm sure such a system can be created, i can always help with advice, but i doubt i will have time to make it myself sad_o.gif

Looks nice Yac!

Nice little plain. Will be fun for some MP shootouts

wink_o.gif

It amazes me every time to see how many projects all together you have going and you get them all done as well. Thumbs up m8.  smile_o.gif

@YacieK

So what's your progress ? can't wait to get it in game...

just brushed the dust off my Saitek st290. I have to say dogfighting with camel is not fun atm sad_o.gif

- in-flight view is too slow. i can't get point-of-view to turn faster. but it's very necessary part of dogfight.

- camel loosing speed too fast it's quite to impossible to make evolutions or gain height.

armor balance, weapons, effects - i know it can be changed quite easily. but what can be done with flight dynamics ?

@YacieK

So what's your progress ? can't wait to get it in game...

Yes, we definatly need an update............what can take you so long we havent heard for a little bit more than 24 hours.....

Don't tell me your sleeping!!

this would indeed be a sweet addition to the game.

cant wait to see more updates on this!

....... I have to say dogfighting with camel is not fun atm sad_o.gif

- in-flight view is too slow. i can't get point-of-view to turn faster. but it's very necessary part  of dogfight.

- camel loosing speed too fast it's quite to impossible to make evolutions or gain height.

armor balance, weapons, effects - i know it can be changed quite easily. but what can be done with flight dynamics ?

Do your research and you may find these aircraft were infact very difficult to fly by todays standards. Just put in a bit of practice and fly to the planes cababilities instead of wanting a plane to fly to your abilities and you may be suprised at what you can achieve. Like you I once thought the camel was a total waste of time, but a bit of practice and it was fine. Infact there was a couple of PvP missions based on camels on my fav server, and for a while I couln't get enough of them. The difficulties in flying don't seem as pronounced when everyone is suffering.

As has already been written, the model fly and can shoot. Worst before me. The creation of a real flight data for this model. Here, I will have a lot of work, checking step by step and keeping one as far as possible the historical data.

We'll see what comes up smile_o.gif

Very nice textures, very accurate for Jasta 36 from what I remember. It'd be interesting placing this plane next to a German Eurofighter. Shows how combat aircraft have evolved in less than a century.

Nice Fokker, YacieK.

This will bring some IL2 feeling into ArmA.  smile_o.gif

Looking forward to this one!

MfG, Medicus smile_o.gif

Fokker  D VII of Lt. Hugo Schafer from Jasta 15, November 1918.

ce94afea86da0bb2med.jpg

Full size

Help need. I have a problem with wheels animation. Do not rotate despite how it seems to me the correct selection and model skeleton.

I had a similar problem. Everything looked right, and the wheels on the right side wouldn't work. I deleted the selections, and then remade them. It worked. Give it a shot.

Nice looking planes! Brings back memories of the WWI flight sims I used to play.

Abs

Quote[/b] ]Look the BIS MLOD Camel and their config.cpp and model.cfg
smile_o.gif Thank you for the suggestion, but Camel with the BIS also has a non working wheels.

Edit

=============================================

@ ABS

I did as wrote , thx smile_o.gif. Animation wheels are working correctly.Animations for the rudder and the elevator stopped working banghead.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif