Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Hi,guys, don't tell me you won't release anything for ARAM1 ? At least could just give what you've completed now for AMRA1, such as soldiers and etc., even in addons.

i think they release for arma1 but perhaps later they could port the stuff to arma2:D

however arma2 isnt only looking waaaay better than arma1 but the performance is waaay better aswell so you would have much more fun playing all this mods in arma2 ;)

Think everything will be released for Arma1.

A release for Arma2 shoulden't be a big problem i think most, things are working direct.

But it needs some adjustments in config for the new sound system.

I have all my stuff already there.

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

bat3.jpg

bat.jpg

Great look!!! ;)

One question... about units... they not move the lips when I command for example:

_unit_of_norm31 say "HELLO";

And HELLO is correctly declared in the CfgSound in the description.ext and the .ogg is the correct format and have the .lip file in the same directory.

I know that this "HELLO" work fine, because in the defaults units of the ArmA work oks... I mean..

_unit_of_Arma say "HELLO"

And de unit in game move de lips ok.

May be... it's possible that the lips not modeled in the normady31 units??

Thanks very much!!!

wow, nice ships :butbut: but i'd rather you to make the Tirpitz instead the Bismarck :D smiliewmf45.gif

nice job :hyper:

Nobody?.. any idea?.. somebody know if normandy31 units can move their lips??

Thanks guys!! ;)

Nobody?.. any idea?.. somebody know if normandy31 units can move their lips??

Thanks guys!! ;)

If normal units work like you said, i would guess the model is missing the correct named selection which tells the game where the lips are. (an error in the unit model itself)

If normal units work like you said, i would guess the model is missing the correct named selection which tells the game where the lips are. (an error in the unit model itself)

Ops... bad news... :( ...

This problem... have any solution?... it is possible edit config.cpp or something that it?

Anyway... thanks very much! ;)

On standby with the mod until I can get the BIS tools running properly again. Under steam they don't seem to work.

You mean would import this Mod to ARMA2 directly after getting BIS tools for that?

Yes bringing the mod to arma 2

Here are some pics from the revised Lancaster WIP.

-Several bomb Load outs added and I mean several HC4000+16xMC500, 4xMC1000+10xMC500, 12xMC1000, 1xHC8000, 1xHC12000, 1xMC12000, 1xMC22000. And the original released with the first edition of the aircraft.

-Proxies for the bombs added so they no longer appear to spawn from the center of the aircraft before they drop

-Some surface textures were corrected

-Animations fixed for the control surfaces and landing gear

Here is the lancaster dropping the 12,000lbHC:

lancaster_HC12000lb.jpg

8,000lbr

lancaster_8000lb.jpg

Carpet style with 500lbr's

lancaster_cookie.jpg

Explosions from the carpet action:

lancaster_cookie_results.jpg

Edited by Rip31st

Dropping a tallboy:

lancaster_tallboy.jpg

Tallboy explosion:

lancaster_tallboy_kaboom.jpg

After effects of tallboy:

lancaster_tallboy_result.jpg

The buildings and terrain really limited the explosion. I does a lot of damage on terrain thats flatter.

Great work Aqu!

Edited by Rip31st

Yes bringing the mod to arma 2

Good idea. No need to waste time on ARMA1 stuff any more. Personally, I think ARMA2 game would be more better.

Here are some more load out stuff for the lancaster including flares and incendiaries.

flares:

lancaster_TIs.jpg

flare shot:

lancaster_flares.jpg

Dropping at day:

lancaster_incendiaries_drop.jpg

Low level night drop:

lancaster_incendiaries_night.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

And yes the incendiaries burn for a while and cause lots of damage:

lancaster_incendiaries_night2.jpg

Have to correct a bit...the last post first pic is a pile of target indication (TI) markers dropped into the same spot. They come in four different colours. The light is useful in night time and smoke for daylight. These were dropped by path finder planes before the main bomber force.

The flares were used mainly to illuminate the target area. These were used by path finders too, especially before the TI markers were available. Flares came in clusters (usually four) and again in four colors (at least).

The new Lancaster and another new toy in a vid...

Very nice mod by the way guys and hats off to your erm members?

Anyway just a quick question

What british units do you have so far ?

Like I said in the Armaholic forum, I'm not the best person to answer that question. What I have seen or heard, there are some new tanks (firefly etc), some new infantry, some naval units. I only made some fixes to the Lancaster and added the proper bombs. There are now c 10 different loadouts - mostly different HE bomb combinations, then 2 target marking and 2 fire bombing. The incendiaries should be MP compatible technically but not very recommended. Especially the clustered 4lb'ers can kill low end PCs.

when can i test this mod in arma2? is there something in work to release a alpha or beta of it top test in arma2?