Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Hi. I just want to say, on behalf of the hundreds of people I am sure who play this mod and don't post, that I, and I'm sure we all, appreciate the time and and effort put into this mod for our enjoyment. I watch this thread all the time and anxiously drool at the new improvements made by the team and only today decided I should throw my voice in to thank you for your effort.

That and I can't wait for the next installment! 4 more days, am I correct?:D

Thx for the kind words. 4 more days...ugh! lol. We bit off a bit more then we could chew. That's my fault. So no. I would say its still about two months out. We've added A LOT more then we thought we would. Patience is a virtue.

I will wait a bit after the 4 days, if more days are needed for I can measure the incredible improvement from the 1st post and my first test on the map. You are doing a tremendous job for the map and the units, thanks for all ;)

Yeah, it's hard work of making a Mod. Maybe two more months still not enough. Just think in OFP time, we have to wait for some Mods for years. So just for WW2 games, I still have to play in OFP of which lots of things have completed and don't need to wait anxiously.

Your welcome. Good things come with time.

Little bit offtopic questions, but does the tiger have realistic turret rotation speed? What about the armor values? Will the sherman be able to blow it up with just two shots from the front?

(Also, Ripest. You're insane. This mod is insane. And you should feel damn good about it. Keep up the good work.)

2 months you say?

Looks like ArmA2 will have to keep me busy untill this monster is released.

Keep up the good work:cool:.

I think the tanks should be more comparable to real life now. Armor values are not defined in ArmA1 so that it would be easy to compare them to the real life. You have compare them to the gun effectiveness in the game so to balance that you have to do lot of shooting.

Little bit offtopic questions, but does the tiger have realistic turret rotation speed? What about the armor values? Will the sherman be able to blow it up with just two shots from the front?

(Also, Ripest. You're insane. This mod is insane. And you should feel damn good about it. Keep up the good work.)

Here's some updated pics of Caen, currently working on the city a bit adding some touches, moving stuff around. I know last go around the AI had a hard time driving up and down the tight roads. Gonna try to make it a bit more free for ai in town.

caen15.jpg

caen16.jpg

caen17.jpg

There's a bit more foilage, walls, fences, bushes, trees, etc. Give it a bit more complete feeling then a barren desert.

Bike & Stug WIP:

bike_wip01.jpg

stug_wip2.jpg

Thx Aqu!

Keep up the good work big fella, I'm really impressed with all the extra stuff coming in the next version.

Thanks! Are you going to make more videos?

Thanks! Are you going to make more videos?

Not sure mate, kind of on a long break from videos at the mo, the one I made with your original release stuff has gone as vimeo deleted my account, there's still one youtube though. Have you thought about trying to get one of the dedicated Arma movie makers to do you a proper promo vid with all the animations and stuff for what you have coming up as really it looks like a Major league mod.:)

Edited by wolfbics

I have some people out there that have offered. ArmaVidz is doing one. Some studio over in Australia. Couple other guys.

Here is M2 60mm WIP: (thx Aqu)

M2_60mm_wip1.jpg

I think the tanks should be more comparable to real life now. Armor values are not defined in ArmA1 so that it would be easy to compare them to the real life. You have compare them to the gun effectiveness in the game so to balance that you have to do lot of shooting.

Yeah, I forgot that the ArmA had hitpoints for tanks, but well, anyways. Also, now that I think about it, it might be rather complicated, but ah well, who I am to judge. Just keep up the good work.

I would like to wait and see if ArmA2 gives a better system. That's why I'm not very interested in some partially working hack for ArmA1 before that.

Yeah, I forgot that the ArmA had hitpoints for tanks, but well, anyways. Also, now that I think about it, it might be rather complicated, but ah well, who I am to judge. Just keep up the good work.

June 26th comes. Then its a question of converting everything for ArmA2. A task I may or may not be looking forward to. But nevertheless it will get done. There will be compatible versions for both ArmA and ArmA2. I promised one of the guys that went away to Iraq that he would have a fresh WW2 mod on his plate when he get's back. I intend to keep that promise. He was worried we would be playing it while he was gone and by the time he get's back it would be old news. :)

I would like to wait and see if ArmA2 gives a better system. That's why I'm not very interested in some partially working hack for ArmA1 before that.

In that case, I'm afraid we have to wait another two-year time for some real addons of ARMAII.

[ I promised one of the guys that went away to Iraq that he would have a fresh WW2 mod on his plate when he get's back. I intend to keep that promise. He was worried we would be playing it while he was gone and by the time he get's back it would be old news. ]

I know that guy and hope he could be back soon in good health ortherwise we couldn't play anything from your nice Mod...

Edited by RUDOLF

Not the promised shermans, but they are getting closer.

Only small uppdate on german stuff this time the workhorse of the german panzer arm the pz4

p41.jpg

p42.jpg

p43.jpg

p44.jpg

p46.jpg

Great to see this mod progressing so well, Pz4's have excellent detail, as well as the M2 mortar. Keep up the good work.

Great Pz-Ivs.

Is that "Drahtgeflecht" schurzen in the first pic? Never seen it on top of the plate schurzen...which of course doesn't prove anything.

Also...you have a four man crew...when I tryed that (driver, commander and 2xgunner) it made the armory mode hang up (if having more than 1 gunner). Of course great if that works.

The mesh skirts was instead of the usal ones mainly to preserve metal and was on the late pz4 ausf J.

In this last model of the pz4 the turret traverse engine was removed for the benefit of larger fuel tanks.

This was made when germany was desperatly short on fuel :rolleyes:

The four man crew with working bowmg is no problem att all, took a lot of testing to get it to work but it was worth it.

p45.jpg

Edited by T_Roc

Tiger, Panther A, PZVI J and etc. T-Roc, it seems you've made a very impressive armor vehicles for Normandy Battle!

The mesh skirts was instead of the usal ones mainly to preserve metal and was on the late pz4 ausf J.

yep, but my point was that I haven't seen it been used together with the normal (early) versions schurzen. Maybe it's the pic but to me it looks like it is hanging on top of the normal schurzen. Anyway, they look good.

In this last model of the pz4 the turret traverse engine was removed for the benefit of larger fuel tanks.

This was made when germany was desperatly short on fuel :rolleyes:

That sounds bit like the marketing words which were used with the new Civic Type-R which sucked compared to the older version.

My theory: They were also short on ball bearings -> remove the turret engine + add a new fuel tank + marketing -> everybody will be happy (except the guy turning the turret) :D

The four man crew with working bowmg is no problem att all, took a lot of testing to get it to work but it was worth it.

I see. I got it working nicely too (driver,gunner,commander,loader(gunner) in StuG), except when I tryed the "scene" mode in the armory (where AI drives it around), it made my game freeze. I suppose the game couldn't figure out the crew system. I didn't want to risk it so removed the 4th guy. Too bad as it was the only place where I had problems :(