Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Great panther better then in beta version!

I love that tank cant wait to go to "hunting" some Shermans.

Edited by Leopard
Typos fixed

Rip31st write On how much percents of the ready modes, and wait him(it) at May?

The panthers are almost finished, I made them as ausf A panthers as this vast the most common version in normandie.

All with working bow mg and 4 crew members.

some pics of the progress.

p2.jpg

http://www.3dmodell.se/Bild/p1.jpg

http://www.3dmodell.se/Bild/p3.jpg

http://www.3dmodell.se/Bild/p4.jpg

A bit of off topic here but for you who like to battle on the east front.

t342.jpg

http://www.3dmodell.se/Bild/t34.jpg

http://www.3dmodell.se/Bild/t341.jpg

Nice work T_rock, great pictures off some off the best tanks in WW2, looking good and keep up the work.

Good, but could you add some foliage on panther , you know, it was a necessary camo to avoid allies' air strike.

Excellent Panther. Will there be other paint schemes? For example, "LSSAH" or "21 Pnzr Div"? This is now what appears to be painting the "Viking" division of the eastern front.

Hey Guys!

Nice work Troc, been following ur stuff in Libmod too.

Hey few questions for u, not sure if u or rip could answer this but is it possible to add a function and have the Panzer commander use binoculars while in his hatch, as what he is supposed to have?

also

for the previous panzers that came with rip's beta pack the tanks seem out of scale, are u guys updating those tanks.

lastly is it possible for you guys to have accurate adjustable sites for the tanks, it would be a great feature on the tank and again that is what they are supposed to have versus just moving the cannon higher.

appreciate all your work.:)

It is possible to add bino's to the commanders. The scales we used were to spec so its hard to say if it is a arma problem making them appear out of scale. Gotta take a closer look I suppose. I would love to have adjustable sites as well. It's not the first time we've thought about it. It's tough to do in arma.

I used the search tool to search this thread. Searched for ACE. Got nothing.

So, here goes. If this has been asked before then the search doesn't work.

I want to put 31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2 on a dedi. Can I use it in combination with ACE. I'd like to retain some of the realism features our unit likes. Like the Medical and Wounding systems. There are other features we like as well.

I'll also be putting this question to the ACE guys.

Thanks,

Well after a long absence i have returned good to see things not changing with the mod being questioned every couple of weeks :)

if you are pointing out that the panther and T-34 from LIBMOD is the same as the T-34 and panther in the shots would you not think that the T-Roc from libmod is the same as the T_Roc who posted the shots :P

@Coyle[506th PIR]

31st would not be usable with ACE that i know of due to the class names and such used in ACE.

it would require a large amount of code changes for 31st to work with ACE from what i know.

Ha ha

First time someone have accused me to steal my own stuff?

I know this gay who posted this screens, I gave him permission to play around with the t3485 and the panther.

I am not sure thats that is my panther but maybe part of it is.

31st would not be usable with ACE

Not useable with ACe?

How do you know this, have you tried it?

It does work with Ace, i use it and it works fine.

31st ww2 mod is a mod like any other, just use the mod folder method, add the title to your shortcut and you have features from Ace mod in your ww2 game, I know it works, i play like that all the time.

For dedicated server I couldn't tell you but I know it works in Mp i you host a game but everyone else has to have teh same stuff as you obviously.

Id suggest to you too Coyle[506th PIR] if you want a real ausem game , combine Ace, 31st ww2 mod, sarmat (lib mod) and Group Link 3 together, and you ont need to go againsted any other players!

The AI will kick your ass , so now you have to out think the enemy, they will hit you when u least expect it, so now your game becomes realitic and methodical versus, just runing and shooting, without specifc tactics, defaulkt Arma AI is ok, but add GL3 and its a whole nother game, you will think that your going againsted pro players!

RUDOLF

those pics are for OFP arn't they and from the wwec Caen WW2 mod?

Not to be a dick but OFP pics dont belong in an Arma thread, especailly when we are all waiting for 31stww2 stuff to be updated.

RUDOLF

In case you still haven't noticed it. This is the Armed Assault Forum!

Consider your posts removed.

Not useable with ACe?

How do you know this, have you tried it?

It does work with Ace, i use it and it works fine.

31st ww2 mod is a mod like any other, just use the mod folder method, add the title to your shortcut and you have features from Ace mod in your ww2 game, I know it works, i play like that all the time.

For dedicated server I couldn't tell you but I know it works in Mp i you host a game but everyone else has to have teh same stuff as you obviously.

Id suggest to you too Coyle[506th PIR] if you want a real ausem game , combine Ace, 31st ww2 mod, sarmat (lib mod) and Group Link 3 together, and you ont need to go againsted any other players!

The AI will kick your ass , so now you have to out think the enemy, they will hit you when u least expect it, so now your game becomes realitic and methodical versus, just runing and shooting, without specifc tactics, defaulkt Arma AI is ok, but add GL3 and its a whole nother game, you will think that your going againsted pro players!

In terms of single player usage Yes it might work.

the question asked was in regards to multiplayer.

all aspects of ACE would not work because the 31st WW2 troops are not scripted in the same way.

this is from what i know.

Rip will clear up the technical side as i don't deal with coding.

Rip is the man for the clear concise answer here.

Also the shots are of T-34/85 which is a Russian tank so would not have been anything to do with WW2EC:Caen

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

Sickboy says:

any addon that is XEH compatible and doesn't break class inheritance tree, should be able to make use of most of the ACE features.

You dont need rip to answer the question.

31stWW2 and Ace do work together,

Me and my unit use all the WW2 addons and 31stww2,Sarmat lib 191-45, and GL3, and the UPS-(urban patrol script) and respawn scripts, art, yadayadayada

it all works in MP, in SP, in the editor, everywhere.

But According to the original question for a dedicated server, i dont see why it wouldnt work, its a matter of setup and other things. When My unit and I play, one of us host a game, and we never have any issues with all the combonations i listed above.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi all

here is an small uppdate for you.

This time another cat for you, with working hullmg.

tig1.jpg

tig2.jpg

tig3.jpg

tig4.jpg

Next uppdate: the shermans.

Badass work :D - excellent Tiger

That is awesome that ya got the front hull MG to work. That is a VERY important weapon and is something very unique. Today only the BMD series has those. I don't think any other modern tanks or IFV's carry on that tradition of front hull mounted MG's.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice work T_Roc ! :cool:

Cant wait the screenshots of the Shermans

I was wondering how you could get this slx compatible.

I ran it with your mod like so -mod=@31STWW2;@slx

And I get an error on startup saying blah blah cannot find optics config for m4a4.

Any ideas how?

For some reason this pic reminds me of "Kelly's Heroes".

"The only way we got of distracting them Tigers is to let them shoot holes in us!"

I must say that the mod has streaked ahead light years in quality

from its early days of cardboard tanks textured in crayon. Bravo! :bounce3:

Thanks for the cardboard comment! lol I deserve it!

Hi. I just want to say, on behalf of the hundreds of people I am sure who play this mod and don't post, that I, and I'm sure we all, appreciate the time and and effort put into this mod for our enjoyment. I watch this thread all the time and anxiously drool at the new improvements made by the team and only today decided I should throw my voice in to thank you for your effort.

That and I can't wait for the next installment! 4 more days, am I correct?:D