Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Eh, maybe I writed something bad. I doesnt wanted to make fun or something like that.

But I asumed, that you are going to do the battle of Ardenes, and the were some german who took the american uniforms and ammo and did some problems there while confusing the alies.

Eh, maybe I writed something bad. I doesnt wanted to make fun or something like that.

But I asumed, that you are going to do the battle of Ardenes, and the were some german who took the american uniforms and ammo and did some problems there while confusing the alies.

As much as I'd like to do something like that, it does take time. It would make for some intereting multiplayer. Not sure if it fits in.

The Battle of the Bulge???

Yes.  BOTB.

Here's some WIP pics of various items:

BMW motorcycle, obviously just started, side car to come later(Aqu).

bmw_r75_wip1.jpg

Nerbelwerfer (Aqu)

nw41_wip2.jpg

M262 Leitstand (Aqu)

r262_wip9.jpg

Here's a short video Agamoth put together of AI actually flying a glider and landing it. WITHOUT Killing everyone lol. OK mind you, this plane does not have power, the AI did rather well.

lol

Wow. Impressive if AI did that landing wow_o.gif

its pretty simple actually I just got one problem if the player isn't in cargo the palne will crash and be destroyed no idea why but I'll work on it

I promised to give a V-2 vid, so here it is. Had to make it in slightly different style because it is hard to follow the rocket mid flight with a ground based camera icon_rolleyes.gif

(the earlier V-1 vid

)

P.S. If you didn't get the idea behind the newspaper it tryes to refer to that after the first attack it wasn't immediately sure what had happened.

I promised to give a V-2 vid, so here it is. Had to make it in slightly different style because it is hard to follow the rocket mid flight with a ground based camera icon_rolleyes.gif

(the earlier V-1 vid

)

P.S. If you didn't get the idea behind the newspaper it tryes to refer to that after the first attack it wasn't immediately sure what had happened.

That was awesome!

Another cat soon to be in game.

I have started to "convert" my ofp addons to Arma.

It is an almost total rebuild to lower the texture count and to add the uv maps.

This is to be the first one.

( changed the track texture as the first pic eneded up with the wrong one, sorry jojimbo)

cat1.jpg

cat2.jpg

Great tank. I've been admiring especially the tracks.

Nice looking tank. I've been waiting for a ww2 tank that i can use for my upcoming mission.  smile_o.gif

The same as this one from I44 forums?

HERE

The wheels and tracks look the same but the rest I cant really tell. If it is then why need to convert if its already in ArmA?

HERE

The wheels and tracks look the same but the rest I cant really tell. If it is then why need to convert if its already in ArmA?

If it's the same one, and intellectual property rights belonged to Troc (which it does) and he's giving it to this mod, then there aren't any issues.

Very nice Troc! Can't wait to get it!

Beautiful Panther, will there be one with side skirts?

Can't speak for Troc's version. But the one we have now is coming into the garage for a serious overhaul. And when it's done, it will have side skirting.

HERE

If it's the same one, and intellectual property rights belonged to Troc (which it does) and he's giving it to this mod, then there aren't any issues.

Very nice Troc!  Can't wait to get it!

Look carefully at that track

lmfao.jpg

I would say thats a definite i44 texture there,and i can absolutely say the panther on our forum is NOT T-rocs panther,again,the only intellectual property abused is i44's,meh!

Having had a closer look,could be those roadwheels are hacked too.Nice job.

Nice Pantera, although grid zimmerit seems too large. smile_o.gif

@Agamoth

101 and 82 div in Normandy use a parajump uniform type 42. Look...

click

click

Very nice Troc!  Can't wait to get it!

Look carefully at that track

I would say thats a definite i44 texture there,and i can absolutely say the panther on our forum is NOT T-rocs panther,again,the only intellectual property abused is i44's,meh!

Having had a closer look,could be those roadwheels are hacked too.Nice job.

Your post is inconslusive to this point. It's difficult to see...BUT. You bring good points. Once I accept the file from troc, and have reviewed it for your claim. I will glady let you know the results. IF that is the case that he used the track texture in question, then you need to take up legal matters with troc upon your voilation of intellectual property rights AND as a result of that, the texture in question will not be used and replaced by troc, with his originally authored texture. HE assures and maintains to me that this model(wire mesh) is originally authored by him and his intellectual property rights. Hopefully you have his permission to use his model mesh in your mod. That is between you and him.

I will say on a side note that there are several versions of a 3D panther model out there that look very similar. One of them happened to make it to this mod and was removed from a previous claim from your mod. Later as it turned out, the original author expressed his eplicit persmission for said panther to be used in arma by our mod anyway, simply because he had offered it as 'freeware' to be downloaded and used by anyone. Which we never bothered to persue, simply because the file had been deleted after many hours of preparing it for use in arma and it wouldn't have been efficient to take up the model and prepare it for arma again.

Again, as previously stated. It is a SHAME, that grown adults, argue and bicker over video game objects. I have absolutely NO problem with any person(s) using our materials for whatever reason they wish.

Now on with the updates -

Here are some new originally authored objects by our wonderful Aqu:

The longue-sur-Mer R262 Observation bunker:

longs3.jpg

longs2.jpg

The rail station at Cherbourg:

cher1.jpg

cherb1.jpg

And Yaciek. Yes I agree the zimmer grid on the panther is too large.

Also what are those infantry from?

Quote[/b] ]Also what are those infantry from?
101 AirDiv and SDKFZ from my little project "Carentan".

Sorry Jojimbo the pic ended up with the wrong tracktexture I used thiswhen testing in ofp and forgot to change it.

My fault sorry!

Quote[/b] ]I would say thats a definite i44 texture there,and i can absolutely say the panther on our forum is NOT T-rocs panther,again,the only intellectual property abused is i44's,meh!

banghead.gif

Dont forget MAN and Daimler Benz, or did i44 bought the rights on the panther design?

and why dont you discuss this via pm with t-roc directly instead of accusing him or the 31st normandy mod of stealing?

maybe take a look on the nwheels.paa of his ofp panther pack before starting more of your would/could sentences.

nice work Aqu and T-roc!

Edit: biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Here is a pic where you se the i44 texture to the left and the texture of my panther to the right, see any difference?

My only fault was to forget to change the track texture for the tracks and for this i am sorry.

comp.jpg

Whoops ! I must tell there is something wrong with railways tracks out of station.

The tracks must lay on a level or near level ground, they can't climb on hill like shown on the pic. That the reason why they are all those bridges, tunnels, cuttings and embankments along railways lines. Only a high speed train can climb up hill like a car.

I believe it's a much more important matter than telegraph poles here  smile_o.gif

Please add cuttings and embankments along the  Caen-Cherbourg line.

Quote[/b] ]I would say thats a definite i44 texture there,and i can absolutely say the panther on our forum is NOT T-rocs panther,again,the only intellectual property abused is i44's,meh!

banghead.gif

Dont forget MAN and Daimler Benz, or did i44 bought the rights on the panther design?

and why dont you discuss this via pm with t-roc directly instead of accusing him or the 31st normandy mod of stealing?

maybe take a look on the nwheels.paa of his ofp panther pack before starting more of your would/could sentences.

nice work Aqu and T-roc!

Edit:   biggrin_o.gif   goodnight.gif

No of course I haven't got the rights to Daimler Benz or MAN,well spotted.Does that mean anyone and everybody can go and port our stuff,rip it open and use it anywhere?

I should have PM'd T-Roc definately a bad call on my part,and I am sorry for that T-Roc,truly.

It was brought to my attention so I dealt with the issue.

Quote[/b] ]Again, as previously stated. It is a SHAME, that grown adults, argue and bicker over video game objects.

I am not arguing or bickering,I am defending the integrity of my mod,and other mods and artists.Its good and right for people to defend their works.So the SHAME is all yours for thinking otherwise.