Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

i for one love realism but i can def appreciate their stance of not wanting to get bogged down with buttons etc. so why doesn't a group with permission take the existing models and create a realistic models/textures pack for those who care about that? working with the mod to give the end user the choice.

they look great YacieK thanks that will be usefull, I think I'm aiming for a bit different style on my models its a little hard to explain but its mainly the color tones I like different but your model is very good looking and very usefull when I shape the last details on my models

Quote[/b] ]The entire community thus benifits from releases from all ww2 mod makers.  A GOOD thing.  People can then mix and match what they wish to achieve desired results.

Some people are picky about the uniforms, others the weapons, some the vehicles.  Others tend to think that all the work they do is superior in quality.  This to me atleast has no bearing.  Whatever turns their clocks is fine by me.  We try to make stuff look good.  But people also have to realize that the majority of us doing this stuff is on our spare time for fun.  We can't sit there and tinker with a button on a uniform for two weeks just so we can get it right.  Otherwise you'd be waiting 5 years for your next update.

Hey there, yeah i think its nice for you to say that everyone should be able to contribute work whatever the level of quality, and that fusing it altogether at least results in a release being ready quicker.

However I think I also appreciate those teams who engage in rich historically accurate research, and very precise accuracy in their artistic creations, as while these mods take longer, they create within themselves the most memorable of all mod experiences.

wink_o.gif And trust me - i was making ww2 addons for ofp when you were just a twinkle in your daddy's eye wink_o.gif

However I think I also appreciate those teams who engage in rich historically accurate research, and very precise accuracy in their artistic creations, as while these mods take longer, they create within themselves the most memorable of all mod experiences.

wink_o.gif And trust me - i was making ww2 addons for ofp when you were just a twinkle in your daddy's eye wink_o.gif

That will be the mod you download and place on your system, that is your choice. wink_o.gif

I doubt that you were doing it when I was a twinkle in my daddy's eye. My father died before ofp was a dream in it's designers head.

But as for a race to see who's first, who cares. If you want to win, then you sir, are the winner wow_o.gif

I'm looking for an addon. I don't remember what is the name but its the object you see on omaha beach and in saving private ryan. It looks like a X. They use that to cover themself.

If my eyes aren't lying, that is Invasion 1944's map.

DarkTerritory3

After being a member for 7 years you should know that quoting images isn't allowed.

I'm looking for an addon. I don't remember what is the name but its the object you see on omaha beach and in saving private ryan. It looks like a X. They use that to cover themself.

If I understood what you are looking for they are in the vanilla Arma objects. If you are making a map, you can find the files

/ca/misc/jezek_kov.p3d

/ca/misc/jezekbeton.p3d

The first one is a steel version and the second one a concrete version.

IIRC there are no editor placed version of them (i.e. those are 'classless' ). If you need one, maybe ask Rip to include an editor version in the mod.

Here's a quick vid of what to come

The rocket in the vid is not quite to the level what it is now, but 99% anyway.

I apologize for not using any cam scripts

Edit: V-2 vid coming later

they are called hedgehogs and I think they are placeble with the editorupgrade they are by me anyway

Here's a quick vid of what to come

The rocket in the vid is not quite to the level what it is now, but 99% anyway.

I apologize for not using any cam scripts

Edit: V-2 vid coming later

Great work on the vid Aqu, very impressive! Love it!

they are called hedgehogs and I think they are placeble with the editorupgrade they are by me anyway

ok thanks...

I'll just get the editorupgrade

both

Quote[/b] ]But as for a race to see who's first, who cares.  If you want to win, then you sir, are the winner.

There's no need to sulk about it Rip wink_o.gif we're all winners when we produce content for the community first or last. Your actually really fortunate to have some grandmasters of ww2 addonmaking still working among ya! Jojimbo, and others - certainly its worth talking to them to get advice etc. It's nice to harness addon teams too, but be wary not to get a little too political with it wink_o.gif

Thank goodness im retired haha!

Quote[/b] ]But as for a race to see who's first, who cares.  If you want to win, then you sir, are the winner.

There's no need to sulk about it Rip wink_o.gif we're all winners when we produce content for the community first or last. Your actually really fortunate to have some grandmasters of ww2 addonmaking still working among ya! Jojimbo, and others - certainly its worth talking to them to get advice etc. It's nice to harness addon teams too, but be wary not to get a little too political with it wink_o.gif

Thank goodness im retired haha!

Hey its a win-win scenario no matter what as long as the stuff is turned out. I do try to surround myself with the willing. Politics is for the birds. icon_rolleyes.gif

it's not always easy being new in this arround all the more experienced people and people demand much when it comes to ww2 stuff... however we do get a lot of help from the ones with experince and it would be a lot harder without them.

I didn't really notice your name at first Gavin but actually its your units from ofp that got me started on ww2 units for arma I used your german helmet as a blueprint to make my own I would have given up if I hadn't done that I think...

here's a little progress I'm done with garand and carbine riflemen now and there will be regular and d-day versions of all models

83485955.jpg 53754389.jpg

Good work agamoth looks great! wow_o.gif

Speaking of Agamoths work, here is a screeny from some of his new stuff he hasn't publicly disclosed of. There are some hints as to what the next phase of this mod is all about and where it's going:

101st_winter2.jpg

101st_winter3.jpg

North Pole?  biggrin_o.gif

Will you include german units taking the allies uniforms and infiltraiting behind the frontline?  smile_o.gif

North Pole?  biggrin_o.gif

Will you include german units taking the allies uniforms and infiltraiting behind the frontline?  smile_o.gif

I dunno, are you going to run around in a bunny suit and hop hop hop?