Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Nice flags ^^

Speaking about poles ... I have seen an item missing along the railway tracks : telegraph poles. I will not inflict you a lecture about railways signals and regulations, but telegraph was needed for trains safety as seen here on a narrow gauge railway in Brittany.

Nice flags ^^

Speaking about poles ... I have seen an item missing along the railway tracks : telegraph poles. I will not inflict you a lecture about railways signals and regulations, but telegraph was needed for trains safety as seen here on a narrow gauge railway in Brittany.

I've included some along the tracks. But to be honest, its a chore to place those. I don't know if I will put them where ever tracks are.

Of course, you are right. I believe there are more important matters than copy/paste telegraph poles each 30m along more than 1000 km of rail tracks. I have done the experiment myself along 3 km of roads and found the experiment quite boring, and I am not speaking about curves ... It was just an idea to add an "atmosphere" item near stations like shown on the pic.

nice flags, is the space between Australia and the jolly roger for New Zealand?

Of course, you are right. I believe there are more important matters than copy/paste telegraph poles each 30m along more than 1000 km of rail tracks. I have done the experiment myself along 3 km of roads and found the experiment quite boring, and I am not speaking about curves ... It was just an idea to add an "atmosphere" item near stations like shown on the pic.

If the railways were roads one could use the avenuescript in visitor to do this boring job.

The space is there that I could cut the skulls and bones out of the pic (leave them as easter eggs), but instead left it like it is. I was thinking the kiwi flag but I'm not sure they fought under their own flag (not sure...maybe in the Pacific).

About the telephone poles...yes, they would be nice, but if you do bit math...e.g. 25m between poles->4 poles/100m->40 poles/1km->40,000 poles/1000km-> ...

Not sure how many objects there are already, but I rather take few more villages and farms if I had to select between those confused_o.gif

...actually...if you only add them along the main lines...mmm...

Im pretty sure NZ fought under their own flag just like any other country, there was a proposed ANZAC flag but it wasnt actually used.

A couple of new additions to the infantry

2nd infantry

2ndinf6a.jpg

82nd airborne

82nd4.jpg

British paratroopers

ukpara2.jpg

ukpara4.jpg

The screenies look great Ag! It's nice to see so many elements coming together!

Thx again!

smile_o.gif

Really awesome stuff!!

It's noted several teams are working hard on WW2 Normandy game for ARMA, such as Invasion 44, John and you and etc. Just wonder why all of you couldn't work and share together for those smart addons and just choose the best things from each team to avoid repeated work and additional strength. In that case, the progress could be faster and let us play real things earlier. As you know, when Invasion 44 worked for OFP, their stuff really are very good really. But we had to wait for more than 5 years to get the sencod incompleted release anyway.

The Denison smocks on those Airborne bods look a very

strange colour. It looks like green and brown on a grey

backing! Is that an artifact of the lighting or something?

If you want some stuff I can give you this model of a <a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/whisky01/spearhead/MKIII.jpg" target="_blank">Mk III

(Airborne) Bren gun.</a> It'd go better with them than the dodgy-

looking Mk I they seem to be using there.

And the No 4 rifle I was working on.(it's not finished but

maybe you could still use some parts of it to improve the one

those guys are holding).

Unfortunately the PIAT model never got any farther than this state.

Perhaps you could still do something with it (all it really needs

is the sights and some small details)? Let me know if you

want it and I'll upload it to a place where you can get it from.

In the last picture lighting is part of it but the smock does look a bit strange but I made it from a very bad picture because I didn't have much time on the internet to find now that I'm back online I'll try to improve it but I'm having a hard time finding anything usefull so if anyone could help it would be very nice I also need to find some pictures of the ranking symbols on the paratroopers couldn't find any pictures of officers.

Having worn a denison (circa 1944) personally, I can tell you that they are quite far from the textures.

Best bet to finding out what they look like is to visit here

WW2 Reenacting Forum

The people there will be more than happy to help you get a correct picture.

Those soldiers look great. I'm especially happy that Brits get some improvements. So far there hasn't been any Brits paras yet  thumbs-up.gif

As for different teams working for WW2 stuff...AFAIK, the idea in this has been to group different existing WW2 addons together and fill the gaps with own stuff. Many people have given persmissions to add their models etc into this like John or FFStudios. Then there are few which haven't, but they have rights to choose that. It is understandable as the idea is to e.g balance the weapon an armor values (to match real life I hope), which might not be to everybody's liking. (sorry Rip if I have misunderstood something)

It's noted several teams are working hard on WW2 Normandy game for ARMA, such as Invasion 44, John and you and etc. Just wonder why all of you couldn't work and share together for those smart addons and just choose the best things from each team to avoid repeated work and additional strength.

It is a result of different mod philosophies. We (I44) concentrate on less content (only US and German), but of better visual quality than this mod, while 31st Normandy is more aimed at pure (MP) gameplay and having as many nations involved as possible.

Most of our content would look out of place in this mod. We are still willing though to standardize things like config values.

looks great!, would be nice to see some ships in the background, a perfect shot for a paintover.

Nice pic smile_o.gif

Also the infantry looks good.

In the last picture lighting is part of it but the smock does look a bit strange but I made it from a very bad picture because I didn't have much time on the internet to find now that I'm back online I'll try to improve it but I'm having a hard time finding anything usefull

Here is a pic of a modern reenactor/model wearing

an original WW2 first pattern Denison smock (I know it

says "reconstruction" but the smock is in fact an original).

The actual printed patterns varied slightly, and the colours

had a (designed) tendency to fade and run into each

other when heavily worn. One detail to note if you want

to capture it well is that the green and brown patches

blend into each other where they lie over one another.

This pattern of smock also has khaki-green wool elasticated

cuffs. This was the type most commonly worn by British 1st

Airborne Div. in N.Africa and Europe.

Rank badges for airborne were just the same as for the

infantry. On the Denison smock, officer's pips were worn

on a slide that went over the epaulettes (if rank badges

were worn at all). NCOs wore rank chevrons on the right

sleeve of the Denison only (normally; I've seen GPR

Denisons with chevrons on both sleeves). Para qualified

men wore the para qualification wings on the right upper

arm of  the Denison too. No other badges were worn on

the Denison in WW2.

Nice to see that improve the quality of models - I hope that we'll see the final models have a really high quality and faithful to the realities of that era. Best regards and keep up work smile_o.gif

You guys left out the Chinese flag. How can you represent the Japanese without representing their primary opponent?

YacieK a mounth ago I would have said don't count on anything but now I'm not so sure anymore some time away from this was good apperantly I've been working on some equipment with a lot higher quality tell me what you think so far

I'm still working on the color tone these colors are pretty exact but not in the game

back1q.jpg

showel.jpg

haversackshowel.jpg

We have attempted many times to draw all the ww2 mod makers into working together.  For the most part we succeeded.  Nearly all of them are helping out and contributing.  What we also succeeded in was giving a little extra motivation to bring out other ww2 mod makers that have that competitive nature about them.  Notice since this mod has been on the boards, many items have come about.  You know, my stuff is superior to yours, so since you're making a mod, I'm going to brush the dust off my stuff collecting on my hard drive, and it's going to be better then yours.  This obviously, worked WELL.

THAT SAID...

The entire community thus benifits from releases from all ww2 mod makers.  A GOOD thing.  People can then mix and match what they wish to achieve desired results.

Some people are picky about the uniforms, others the weapons, some the vehicles.  Others tend to think that all the work they do is superior in quality.  This to me atleast has no bearing.  Whatever turns their clocks is fine by me.  We try to make stuff look good.  But people also have to realize that the majority of us doing this stuff is on our spare time for fun.  We can't sit there and tinker with a button on a uniform for two weeks just so we can get it right.  Otherwise you'd be waiting 5 years for your next update.

~enjoy~

UPDATE:

PIAT is pretty much a done deal, sorry faulkner, someone else decided to take care of it. thx Gurk.

Object placement continues on the map

Agamoth continues his fine work on his infantry

Several vehicle models in work . Thx Troc.

Aqu continues to produce amazing models of all sorts, some of which havent seen daylight in any forum thread. Those will eventually make the mod.

FFStudios continues to pump out great looking models. Can't wait to place them into the mod.

I'm hoping Cinco de Mayo will be a good day for everyone!

wink_o.gif

Agamoth, so is that information sufficient for you to

correct the problems with the British paratrooper

textures? Since you didn't even acknowledge it, I

don't know.

For the rest, I'll just give those Bren and rifle models

out to the community, then - if you lot don't want them.

With your mod approach I don't suppose it really matters

about fine details so long as it "shoots". Just ignore the

offer. Don't even mention it.

oh yeah sorry mate got sidetracked there for a moment I think I got what I need now thanks and since I for some reason suddenly can make some pretty good textures now I might be able to put it to good use and once again sorry your help is very appreciated.

on the matter of working together with other ww2 mods, the way I see it we do that all the time maybe not with actual work but with help and inspiration to me thats very important.