Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

That is awesome work Enigma! Keep it up! Maybe we can get allied tank optics out of you as well! wink_o.gif

Hurry and get done that sight soon Enigma, I have a tank that needs it...

Hello!! great work!!! thanks!!! notworthy.gif

One question!!... about C47

It's posible move in cargo without code (player moveincargo c47)... because in game.. only can go on next to pilot... in cargo area i can´t seating...

What's wrong?

Thanks!!!

i'm not sure about the cargo problems.

sure rip will have an answer.

as for the sights and optics.

2 are now finished.

Panzer IV and the Panther.

i've mocked up some ingame "shots" as a concept so you can imagine what it's like smile_o.gif

Panzer IV

PanzerIV-forum-shot.jpg

and...

Panther

Panther-Forum-shot.jpg

Hello!! great work!!! thanks!!!  notworthy.gif

It's posible move in cargo without code (player moveincargo c47)... because in game.. only can go on next to pilot... in cargo area i can´t seating...

What's wrong?

Thanks!!!

Not sure what you mean. Maybe more details on what exactly you're trying to do.

I have no problems getting AI to mount all positions on the C47. Do you have all the patches?

You could try something like this...

FOR EXAMPLE:

Name the plane "plane1" - You can use any name you want.

Name the player you want to mount the C47 in the editor "A12" You could name them anything you want.

Using the variables above in the players initialization line use this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

A_PLT= group this; this AssignAsCargo plane1; this MoveInCargo plane1;

This puts the player in a group called "A_PLT" - The group can be called anything you wish. The player is then assigned as cargo in "plane1" and then moved into "plane1".

Enigma! Awesome work bud! Can't wait to get my paws on them. thx!

Hello!! great work!!! thanks!!!  notworthy.gif

What's wrong?

Thanks!!!

Not sure what you mean.  Maybe more details on what exactly you're trying to do.

I have no problems getting AI to mount all positions on the C47.  Do you have all the patches?

You could try something like this...

FOR EXAMPLE:

Name the plane "plane1" - You can use any name you want.

Name the player you want to mount the C47 in the editor "A12"  You could name them anything you want.

Using the variables above in the players initialization line use this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

A_PLT= group this; this AssignAsCargo plane1; this MoveInCargo plane1;

This puts the player in a group called "A_PLT" - The group can be called anything you wish.  The player is then assigned as cargo in "plane1" and then moved into "plane1".

Enigma! Awesome work bud!  Can't wait to get my paws on them.  thx!

Thanks very much for your fast reply Rip and Enigma! wink_o.gif

Excuse me for my poor level of english, I will try to explain my self better. confused_o.gif

First... game versions wink_o.gif

Arma: 1.15 beta

Normandy Mod: @31STWW2 + fix1109 + fix1111 (i overwrite to expand)

Second: The problem.

In the Editor, I put a soldier (for example soldier garand) and next put a empty C47 unit. Well.. I going to de C47 walking and very close to he C47 nose I can seat as Pilot or Copilot ... no problem.. but I don´t want this... I want to seat in the cargo área "manually", I going to the rear of C47, very close near of the door but never show me options to seating inside... in the cargo area.

Now... with script code work fine.. but "manually"... gaming with my player I can´t seating rear of C47... confused_o.gif

I hope explain better this time ... thanks very much!!

I understand what you are saying now. The problem is the seat next to the pilot is considered a 'cargo' position. If you are planning on riding in the back, just put a pilot in first, a second ai to fill the front seat in the cockpit then climb in and you will be in the back so long as you get in third.

I understand what you are saying now.  The problem is the seat next to the pilot is considered a 'cargo' position.  If you are planning on riding in the back, just put a pilot in first, a second ai to fill the front seat in the cockpit then climb in and you will be in the back so long as you get in third.

Ah! ok ok !! now understand!! tounge2.gif

Yeah!.. the fist position in the cargo area is the Copilot seat.. ok.. but the real problem is I'm trying to enter inside of C47 in front of the back door biggrin_o.gif ... and the point of access to airplane is the nose!! ok ok!! solved! biggrin_o.gif

I have tried and work fine!! finally I seat on rear cargo area!

Thanks very much Rip for your support! thumbs-up.gif

Yes I have the entry point towards the front as a universal get in point. I may change it.

Do you know the WW2 battlefield's mod called forgotten hope 2 ? Maybe, if you contact them, its will be usefull ?

Forgotten hope will not help as they want to keep all content exclusive to BF2,

i contacted them a long while ago whilst in another mod.

Thx for this great work. I played the last hours and have lot of fun with that mod. This mod is getting bigger and better and i must say that i like it very much  thumbs-up.gif

Positive:

- Nice Normandy island with good ww2 feeling

- Nice units and weapons so far

- MG42 rules tounge2.gif

Negative:

- Some trees and plants are placed on the roads

- Texture errors on planes

- Texture on the tanks needs to overworked

Till now i enjoyed this mod and can't wait for the next Version. I also plan to make a small campaign with it.

Good luck!

Thx for this great work. I played the last hours and have lot of fun with that mod. This mod is getting bigger and better and i must say that i like it very much  thumbs-up.gif

Positive:

- Nice Normandy island with good ww2 feeling

- Nice units and weapons so far

- MG42 rules tounge2.gif

Negative:

- Some trees and plants are placed on the roads

- Texture errors on planes

- Texture on the tanks needs to overworked

Till now i enjoyed this mod and can't wait for the next Version. I also plan to make a small campaign with it.

Good luck!

inv44 will be released shortly, along with this mod I can only say ola la la la

do you have any wip pics of this inv44 units?

I wouldn't put any hope on Inv44 being released shortly.

from what i gather they are still working on it.

and doubt they will release public beta.

INV44 seem to like to release there stuff at a V1.0 state.

Anyways If we really want to discuss INV44 i would suggest discussing it on there forum thread.

Back on topic.

I've been working on a optic for the 6pndr and 17pndr.

i'll leave thatr out there for someone to guess what for.

cookie for the winrar biggrin_o.gif

are you guys planning to add any casemates or naval/105mm guns to the map or as separate objects?

i know bunkers and case mates are being added.

i would imagine that the guns that occupy them would have to be added by the user

i would imagine that the guns that occupy them would have to be added by the user

so you are actually making such guns? (here's hoping..)

Forgotten hope will not help as they want to keep all content exclusive to BF2,

i contacted them a long while ago whilst in another mod.

That's a shame, because I seem to recall them importing at least one ofp ww2 model into their mod. I know this is ArmA and not ofp but it is of the same evolutionary tree.

But you have to respect their wishes.

whistle.gif

@archsceptic

yeah it's true,

it was a bit of a disappointment as they have 100's of models for all theaters of ww2.

but we'll just have to do it ourselves smile_o.gif

there's a great community backing and OFP modders backing us as well.

@MK1

i know the howizters,AA guns,AT guns we're in progress.

but as for fixed artillery points or  large caliber guns I'm afraid i can' say.

hopefully rip might be able to shed some more light on the situation.

@Zippa.

I'm sure if INV44 wanted a thread in the BI forums they would go and open one,

they have chosen not to do so as of yet for there own reasons.

I wouldn't go and post links to other mods in there forums.

I'm pretty sure it's what commonly referred to as "Thread jacking"

please in the future keep any links to other ww2 mods to save confusion in others threads,

i wouldn't want people to look at those pics.

then download the mod and complain about the units shown in the thread not being included.

Besides,

It really wouldn't be hard to search for the progress of INV44 on forums.

I'm sure that he would have been able to do that for himself,

If he found the motivation to go look for himself.

Anyways.

Back on topic

I'm building up a nice collection of gunner optics that are ready for new tanks in the future.

hopefully some shots of these tanks will surface soon......  tounge2.gif

do you have any wip pics of this inv44 units?

Is it necessary to ask for progress, etc. in almost every thread you post? Most of these guys are pretty damn good with regards to providing that stuff when they have something to offer.

31st Normandy Team,

After lingering on my HD for a while I finally gave this a good go.(I just completely spaced that I had DL'd it.) Kudos to you guys, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I intended to provide a few bug reports but I just did a search and noticed they were already reported. And here I thought I had something to help you guys out but alas I'm too damn slow.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for all the work thus far.

so you are actually making such guns? (here's hoping..)

I posted pics of R667 & M272(most commonly found in Normandy) casemates in this thread.  There are others in work.  They have been placed on the map in accordance to WWII maps and photography.  They are permanent fixtures.  They are empty as their weapons need to be placed after the fact in the editor, otherwise they do not function.  Mission makers/editors can place whatever objects they want inside them.  It is widely known fact that the Allies after invasion found many of these casemates to be empty or under construction.

In regards to posting pics from other mods in this thread I don't mind.  So long as it's WWII related.  I hope all all WWII mod makers can work together to provide the community WWII gaming for us WWII fanatics.  90% of them are working together and providing content for this mod.  After all a public release is just that.  You can mix and mash the best of what you see fit from all elements to provide your style of gameplay.  

There are many people working on this mod and contributing.  I thank them for taking their personal time to help out.  Like I said from the beginning, its not so much about top notch quality, but rather getting the WWII stuff out to people that's been collecting dust on our hard drives so they can play and get involved.  It's good that this mod provides the nudge and incentive for other WWII mod makers to get out and provide content that normally would be sitting idle.  I see forum threads that have been sent to me in the form of links in emails and private messages from other sites that had threads started a year or two ago and are starting to spark involvement and interests.  This is a good thing.

One thing I do not care about is playing one-upsmanship if that's even a word.  This isn't a contest or a competition.  IT's about community involvement - which I've stated clearly from the get-go.  So there will be nobody jumping into this thread stating that their mod(s) are superior to others.  Those kind of comments should be keeped private or to themselves.   That's not!  - and should not be anyones intention.  Let people decide what they want to do for themselves.  Anything other then that concept would be completely childish.

archsceptic - I looked at their 'forgotten hope 2' site, I went on the net searching for it and found some nice looking work. Like Enigma said, too bad we can't bring that kind of stuff into ArmA.

Anybody can tell me what's the estimated date for the next release?Thanks!

juliusN,

Just do a "print this topic" search and you'll find Enigma's recent answer to this question.

When it's done.

There's still a lot of work that needs doing.

both on the map and on the vehicles being added.

maybe when the goal is getting close.

a rough ETA will be given but last time it only led to everything being rushed to meet the deadline (which we didn't XD)

but i think seeing as this will be the 1.0 version (IE Not beta)

Things will be polished up a lot more then the last release.

Guys don't even bother giving one. It's your Mod, work at your pace. We can wait and if people can't, well......  whistle.gif

Plus if you miss the deadline the question will just keep coming even harder then before. There's always a few people that tend to get ugly when the day comes and goes. Cam can vouch for that. It would be best if people just wouldn't bring it up, oh and not mentioning the fact that the Moderators consider it spam and have asked countless times in countless threads in the past for people to stop asking for/about release dates. Hint, hint, hint.

Just knowing you guys are working on this Mod and seeing you discuss it is good enough for me.