Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

I clicked on the link, it said something like ofp.gamepark something and just sat there. Maybe a bad connection or site that hasn't been operating lately? I will try it again tomorrow.

it would seem to site has been closed.

I have messaged JdB and i am currently awaiting a reply.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

JdB might post here who knows.

I certianly dont hope its dead, I was able to reach their forum and asking for progress the other day, and I talked to their programmer, he said a new alpha had just been released

Sorry about derailing the thread even further, to address most issues:

This thread that is referenced to (assuming that it's the "Invasion 1944 Alpha Released" one) is located in the Operation Flashpoint section of the forum. It was closed on Oct. 19 2007 (IIRC we announced the mod was dead even before that date on our own forums as well). To my knowledge, we haven't had another thread here since. All newsposts on Armedassault.info relating to the ArmA project were made after February 1st, 2008. This "news" was outdated on February 1st, 2008 already.

There is no thread about the ArmA project here because we don't need it (or want it for various reasons), Armedassault.info for posting news and our own forums for discussions are more than enough for now. Getting something finished in an X amount of time is not a priority for us, we just enjoy the process. As stated in the first public ArmA newspost:

"It started when a few old friends that formed the Core of the mod started posting on our team forums after a long period of silence."

ofp.gamepark.cz has been having connection problems all day. The old site is no longer updated, as the theme of it is outdated, also a forum is much easier (less time consuming) for us to use. A new portal has been worked on, but it won't contain news, but only the bare essentials, FAQ, Download section, link to forum etc. It will probably be launched just prior to a release.

I'm not the programmer Zip, that's Iuka wink_o.gif

For someone so angry with us, you certainly wear it out that you were part of our team tounge2.gif Also to avoid any misunderstandings, Zip meant team-Alpha, not public-Alpha.

All questions about using our work will be answered in private. However as a guideline, if you want to ask us if you can use our work, you need to give us something you completely made yourself (or your team) in return that fits into our project. We're not the Salvation Army you know tounge2.gif

Is anybody making SP campaigns for this mod?

No, Not as far as I know. There are SP missions made by people but not campaigns.

The map is still under work so creating something big might end up into problems when the new version of the map comes out. Of course you could create it into some other map.

Quote[/b] ]We're not the Salvation Army you know  tounge2.gif

Amen to that brother smile_o.gif

Yeah, but you can always make a mod for that  tounge2.gif

UPDATE:

-WIP continues on Omaha beach- 50% complete.  

-Many custom trenches/gun positions being installed.

-Stug variants in work.

-Les Moulins windmill.

-British Infantry.

brits1.jpg

brits2.jpg

*Side note:  If you guys have some complaints about another mod maker.  Please take it up with them and not in public.  Send them a message or email.  And don't tread on other peoples threads.  It's not recommended here.

confused_o.gif

Sorry about derailing the thread even further

Myself, included.

We're not the Salvation Army you know tounge2.gif

Now that, is funny haha rofl.gif

The thread I was referring to, although I do admit I made assumptions about the content and context (as the thread was in the ARMA A&M: Discussion Forum) and there were screenshots of WWII units in Armed Assault, was here:

Invasion '44 Now Closed Thread

ofp.gamepark.cz has been having connection problems all day.

Yeah, it was oddly humerous how the site began experiencing issues immediately after I signed up and put my post here.

All questions about using our work will be answered in private.

That's great, that's all anyone could hope for. To at least see some dialogue created considering.

A new portal has been worked on

Congrats, good to hear work still continues - officially.  notworthy.gif

*Side note: If you guys have some complaints about another mod maker. Please take it up with them and not in public. Send them a message or email.

I agree. Anyone wishing to do so may go to [our forums (if it isn't working at some point, just come back the next day) smile_o.gif

Don't know if this has been asked before (I do visit this thread from time to time, but at 35 pages it's hard to recall everything), but is the Omaha beach going to be on a 1:1 scale, or will it be downsized for gameplay reasons?

The map is half scale.  The beaches however are nearly 1:1 in respect of the distance from low water mark to shore.  Length wise they fit in accordance to the map.  

I know the germans did a lot of demolition in these areas in 1943, but I'm using some some maps that existed prior to that to make the map more playable.  Otherwise there wouldn't be much cover.  Naval fire were bringing into the game should take care of the remaining buildings.  biggrin_o.gif

BTW for those of you wanting to try out the mod in it's beta state.  IF you're running ArmA version 1.14 and have downloaded the mod.  You can play a version of "ww2 warfare" running on our server.  Just use the ArmA's gamespy to sort by host and look for:  -=31stWC.com:WW2 MOD

UPDATE:

-Tide works as planned:

Tide in:

tidein.jpg

Tide out:

tideout.jpg

About 75% complete with Omaha Beach. Need to add custom grass and some custom buildings here and there.

Update Omaha beach is done:

-Added some grass field models.

-Placed many positions along beach in accordance with ww2 drawnings, recon and photos.

Here's some WIP pics:

tall_grass1.jpg

tallgrass2.jpg

tallgrass3.jpg

Looking absolutely great.

Does the tall grass provide cover against AI if you are prone?

EDIT: Concealment, not cover

Some of these screenshots are incredible notworthy.gif. I haven't tried the beta release myself since I'm enjoying ACE too much at the moment, but I'll definately be watching this thread from now on. Also, how large is the island? I read further up that it was a 1:2 scale or something along those lines, is there any comparison to say, Sahrani?

/salute

Some of these screenshots are incredible notworthy.gif. I haven't tried the beta release myself since I'm enjoying ACE too much at the moment, but I'll definately be watching this thread from now on. Also, how large is the island? I read further up that it was a 1:2 scale or something along those lines, is there any comparison to say, Sahrani?

/salute

You could fit 56 Sahrani maps including water into the Normandy map.  That is part of the reason why it takes so long for this mod to come out with updates.

Panzerfaust anyone?

pzf_sight.jpg

Thanks Aqu!

Yeah needless to say its a lot bigger then sahrani.

anyways now we have the panzerfaust we only need the PIAT and the AT section is pretty well stocked

Yeah needless to say its a lot bigger then sahrani.

anyways now we have the panzerfaust we only need the PIAT and the AT section is pretty well stocked

Yeah were doing good in that department. I worked mostly on putting together some solid hedgerows today. Also completed Utah beach area along with Carentan. Things should speed up quiet fast once I get done with Gold, Sword & Juno beach. Here's some screenies from today's work:

UTAH beach area:

utah1.jpg

utah3.jpg

utah4.jpg

utah6.jpg

Another little tidbit. I was able to work out damage textures for all the vehicles (destruct.rvmat's). Now there won't be any questions "is it dead?"

56x times bigger then sharani?! are you out of your mind? wouldnt it lag like crazy?

56x times bigger then sharani?! are you out of your mind? wouldnt it lag like crazy?

ArmA only loads up what you can see within your visual distance and what's being loaded by various levels of detail.  Most of the time when you go further then 1,000 meters away from objects, a lot of the smaller ones such as the bushes, trees, flowers disappear.  Other objects like buildings and vehicles drop in the amount of detail the further you are from them.  ArmA only allows you to put so many objects in one spot before it becomes a problem.  I use the max visual distance of 10,000m to keep the frames up.  We also use as many low poly objects as possible.  We did this with the intention of creating a multiplayer friendly environment.  

As it stands now, you can play on the beta test server and achieve very high frame rates with a very large map.

smile_o.gif

PS- ArmA2's map is larger then mine with much more detail.

Wow. That was fast with the Utah beach. Looks nice too.

About the above Panzerfaust. It is the Panzerfaust 30 (because it was the best of the two versions available at the time of the invasion) and it is a single shot weapon (in the game too). I'm still wondering how many of those person should be able to carry (weights 5.1kg) and also the fact that you should actually drop all of them when firing a rifle. This can be done, no problem, but is it too hard for a player? Before anyone complains...yes the aiming with the faust in the pic is bit wrong, but had to be done so because the way characters pose with launcher weapons in Arma

Hi, just a short question to JDB who seems to visit this from time to time.

Are you planning to include the famous Foxholes from i44 in your work or think of sharing this to the31st mod. i would love to see them in Arma again.

I tried to port them for personal use to ARMA, but man this is a hell of a scripting running in the backround.