Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

@Rip31st

There is no need to change the naming of the p3d file.

Also if you put a file called $PBORPEFIX$ in your addon's main

directory, you can specify the internal engine path with it and the

pbo name does no longer matter.

1) So you can rename your pbo to include the OFPEC tag.

2)Inside the $PBORPEFIX$ you just add the former pbo name /

needed path for textures/scripts:

rip31st_pz4h

3) You rename the classes to to contain the OFPEC tag.

After that you you define a dummy class.

The old class name inherits from the new and hide it with scope = 1;

smile_o.gif

wow cant wait mann!!!

BTW IMPORTANT QUESTIEN

how is the lag? my normal Arma lags pretty bad already :/ but I figured it was due too much shadow details

great work really nice!!!!!notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif any news about next release?

Rip, you do a good job with the object placement and map layout in a very short time. It's not 100%, but I don't think anyone could get near 100% in the scale of the maps you're making without spending months working on a single map. Great work!

Looking superb. Especially in such a short time - I gave the retard and other stuff in..15h ago  crazy_o.gif

I hope the east end of the beach is equally good whistle.gif  ... wink_o.gif

how about adding some motars?

That is the plan for sure.

Someone on the other board mentioned they don't like the traditional Wermacht uniforms...I sure like them!

teaser.jpg

how about adding some motars?

That is the plan for sure.

Someone on the other board mentioned they don't like the traditional Wermacht uniforms...I sure like them!

teaser.jpg

its not a questien about liking them or not, its historical wrong, they look alot different in 1944, then your 1942/43 outfit.

but my god, I cant wait to make my own d-day mission goodnight.gif .... maybe with my own little twist ;P

his insigina on his front neck .... google german uniforms and you´ll see

We're gonna have to tie down Vilas and spank him for not making proper german uniforms...he made them!

crazy_o.gif

We're gonna have to tie down Vilas and spank him for not making proper german uniforms...he made them!

crazy_o.gif

Make sure to dress him up in such a uniform. If you than tape the spanking you can make it a WIP video which is on topic tounge2.gif

lol this topic is all kinds of wrong,

groins,retards,and now costumed bondage with vilas.

i can only guess whats next.

anyways on topic.

i think the uniforms are fine.

as i've pointed out many different times.

it's about fun and playability not 110% accuracy.

a small error like a insignia on a collar is minimal

i still think the weapons could do with a tweak but other then that i think everything is fine.

vilas is a busy guy so who knows when that will happen

I know. I'm getting wrapped up in the details. I've gotta stick to my original plan, otherwise this thing is gonna take forever. Speaking of getting back on topic. I see Enigma can make an appearance on the message boards, but he needs to get back on messenger.

wink_o.gif

yeah, i have been on messenger a little more often the past few days but always seem to miss you online.

Ooh umm ontopic.

.......... Germans look fine smile_o.gif

I know.  I'm getting wrapped up in the details.  I've gotta stick to my original plan, otherwise this thing is gonna take forever.  Speaking of getting back on topic.  I see Enigma can make an appearance on the message boards, but he needs to get back on messenger.

wink_o.gif

yeah we dont want another ww2 invasion 1944 mod please wink_o.gif

I know.  I'm getting wrapped up in the details.  I've gotta stick to my original plan, otherwise this thing is gonna take forever.  Speaking of getting back on topic.  I see Enigma can make an appearance on the message boards, but he needs to get back on messenger.

wink_o.gif

Your thingy says you're a former mission maker for them. Why the bad wrap? confused_o.gif

Is anybody making SP campaigns for this mod?

Hey Rip31st, some great work you're doing here. I am rather intrigued by WWII as my father was in the Royal Canadian Artillery, landing in Normandy.

I have to ask, have you tried to contact the fellas from the Invasion '44 modification (now closed)? The main reason I ask is their WWII 2nd Rangers units, and probably other units or vehicles, are absolutely stunning. Their official statement in the Invasion '44 thread is "Now Closed," - so perhaps they would be interested in helping out another mod which has already proven it has the gusto to get a release out the door - and then work on polishing and expanding that release.

ranger3wj5.th.jpg ranger2sw5.th.jpg us4bigcs4.th.jpg newoff2fw8.th.jpg

Link to their website: <span style='color:darkred'>Invasion '44 Website</span>

Just a thought...  smile_o.gif

Cheers

Vidz

wink_o.gif

Your thingy says you're a former mission maker for them.  Why the bad wrap?  confused_o.gif

because Im still pissed at them, I did tons of work for them, and out off nowere the map got changed, and my missions were useless!! banghead.gif

Hey Rip31st, some great work you're doing here. I am rather intrigued by WWII as my father was in the Royal Canadian Artillery, landing in Normandy.

I have to ask, have you tried to contact the fellas from the Invasion '44 modification (now closed)? The main reason I ask is their WWII 2nd Rangers units, and probably other units or vehicles, are absolutely stunning. Their official statement in the Invasion '44 thread is "Now Closed," - so perhaps they would be interested in helping out another mod which has already proven it has the gusto to get a release out the door - and then work on polishing and expanding that release.

ranger3wj5.th.jpg ranger2sw5.th.jpg us4bigcs4.th.jpg newoff2fw8.th.jpg

Link to their website: <span style='color:darkred'>Invasion '44 Website</span>

Just a thought...  smile_o.gif

Cheers

Vidz

im not surprised, once again they struggled for their high standards sad_o.gif! ... R.I.P