Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

I Have Zero Clue what the warhawk and corsair are doing there.

i have an sort of idea where you might be going with this,

but it's stuck Midway in my head.

your going to have to be more spacific.

maybe Betty,Frank,Kate,Irving,Zeke or Oscar might know?

i think i might have to Doolittle Research to find out Timor

lol see what i did there XD

I Have Zero Clue what the warhawk and corsair are doing there.

i have an sort of idea where you might be going with this,

but it's stuck Midway in my head.

your going to have to be more spacific.

maybe Betty,Frank,Kate,Irving,Zeke or Oscar might know?

i think i might have to Doolittle Research to find out Timor

lol see what i did there XD

lol that is funny

P-40 was quite extensively used in almost every theater except for Northern Europe, throughout the war (the thing was still in production in 1944). Considering the number flown and the variety of ops given to the aircraft, I wouldn't wonder if few had even found their way to France in 1944, even though most were flown in hotter environments. Both USAAF and RAF flew P-40s in Europe.

The Royal Navy fielded around 900 Corsairs (a figure I calculated based on amounts of various versions given at few sources), with some of them used in Europe. Indeed, the first carrier operations for the type were flown by Fleet Air Arm in Europe! If Wiki is to be believed, Germans even captured atleast one Corsair.

So, despite not being the most obvious choises (Mustang, Tempest, anyone?), they are sort of fitting... plus, extra WWII aircraft isn't exactly a bad thing. whistle.gif

P-40 was quite extensively used in almost every theater except for Northern Europe, throughout the war (the thing was still in production in 1944). Considering the number flown and the variety of ops given to the aircraft, I wouldn't wonder if few had even found their way to France in 1944, even though most were flown in hotter environments. Both USAAF and RAF flew P-40s in Europe.

The Royal Navy fielded around 900 Corsairs (a figure I calculated based on amounts of various versions given at few sources), with some of them used in Europe. Indeed, the first carrier operations for the type were flown by Fleet Air Arm in Europe! If Wiki is to be believed, Germans even captured atleast one Corsair.

So, despite not being the most obvious choises (Mustang, Tempest, anyone?), they are sort of fitting... plus, extra WWII aircraft isn't exactly a bad thing.  whistle.gif

I would think Rip was indicating that possibly the Corsair and Warhawk we're being Dev'd for another phase.

and not exclusively for the European phase :P

but i guess with a slight change of paint scheme they could fit in Normandy.

i do recall the British using the corsair as a ground attack bomber

Anyways,

although these planes might have seem some limited use in Normandy.

i would link these two planes firmly in a Certain theater

Warhawk we're being Dev'd for another phase.

More then likely one set in the **Possible Spoiler**

and not exclusively for the European phase :P

Shhhhhh! It's our little secret! You're not supposed to tell anyone.

lol ok link taken out.

Everybody get your Sherlock hat and pipe out, and figure it out for yourselves.  biggrin_o.gif

edit

**you've still got the link in your quote XD**

I don't have figures right here, but I think Soviet Union was one of the biggest users of P-40. It is also famous for its role in China where it was flown by US pilots. It wasn't so great plane anymore in '44 and it is no wonder it wasn't used in the western Europe (actively at least) which was the 'main' theatre for the western allies.

Corsair is of course one of the famous planes of WW2 and a must for the Pacific, but if you add that to a European campaign or mission you give a wrong idea that it would have been in big use here.

There is still quite a lot to do for the European theatre, stuff that was used extensively, and thus I would leave those planes the last thing to finish at the moment. Only if you have nothing else to do... I would rather do even something for the Bulge phase

that is correct,

The soviet union were given around 2100 out of the 13000(ish) made P-40's through the lend lease program.

The American volunteers in China were called the "flying tigers"

that also as you say flew the P-40

the P-40 did fly in europe but much more in the Mediterranean theater then Normandy .

As for mod time being used for them,

I would imagine there not being worked on at the minute.

More the models are just in our possession.

a taste of things to come as such smile_o.gif

P-51,P-39 and P-47 would be more primary aircraft to be worked on i think.

possibly the typhoon,

the P-40 did fly in europe but much more in the Mediterranean theater then Normandy .

Yes. In other words northern Africa and Italy.

P-51,P-39 and P-47 would be more primary aircraft to be worked on i think.

possibly the typhoon,

I think, you can leave the P-39 Airacobra for later too. It is not really needed over France. Russians were again the primary users especially the later models (as well as the P-63 Kingcobra). They even liked it. P-39 did see some action in Pacific.

Well, at least you guys are better at making addons than keeping secrets rofl.gif

Keeping video game addons secret is like two guys arguing over who's more elite playing cod4. Their both retarded and nobody wins.

Sharing is caring!

wink_o.gif

Have you people considered a cooperation with the ACE mod? smile_o.gif I have no idea what the people in ACE feels about it,

but the beta has some nice features such as Rucksacks, weight carry, penetration, back blast from RPGs, cartridges on ground, fog and some more.

Are the british troops equipped with the PIAT and rifle grenade? Will there be on both sides also mortars?

Does it keep to it that there will be no badges with the Germans? Neither on the uniform nor on the helmet? No rank badges or SS runes?

German badges  sad_o.gif  [i am a German, but no Nazi]

Nevertheless, I can hardly expect the next update! Further in such a way!  notworthy.gif

The PIAT is being worked on.

whether or not it will be completed for the next phase i don't know.

as for rifle grenades i'm not sure about that.

if it's Dev'd for one side it will have to be Dev'd for all.

i'm pretty sure it's not being Dev'd at the minute.

as for the patches i'm pretty sure it won't be included.

having all the patches for every ranked soldier in the army would be a lot of messing around for a minimal overall end product.

it's always been about fun over 100% accuracy.

large collections of tanks,aircraft,ships & huge islands,

playability over historical accuracy.

if any of those patch contain swastikas and such the definitely will NOT be included.

We've gone over this and in the interest of international laws (IE Germany and it's ban of the swastika)

no swastikas will be included.

Everyone want something. All I can say is I can keep requests in mind while working on the mod. I did add a badge to the side of the traditional Heer uniforms. You will see those in the next update. I believe there are pics somewhere in the thread of it.

Wow I'm really impresssed with all your models and ideas! And the point du hoc map looks really good! Good luck with all your moddelling and happy new year to all.

smile_o.gif

hi all

have you checked out the A.C.E mod because they have a fantastic system to use a crew served weapon, maybe this ww2 mod can use that system.

hi all

have you checked out the A.C.E mod because they have a fantastic system to use a crew served weapon, maybe this ww2 mod can use that system.

I actually put it up on our squads server. The Ace mod is fantastic. I'm considering using some of the features...with permission of course.

Yep agree with that,

ACE mod has several features that would very handy,

Suppression

Penetration

Dragging the wounded

Wounded effects

crew served weapons

plus a lot more.

definitely would be a great addition.

I have already modeled the p51, p47 and the typhoon just working on the textures which are taking me a while. Here is a small update for you ju 87 fans ...

ju87_2.jpg

Plus just finished working on the cockpit for it, just needs texturing, which is what i'm doing this week

ju87_cockpit.jpg

ju87_cockpit_2.jpg

It still needs alot of work, but will look good when it's finally done i hope. Will be trying to get it in game by the end of the week.

I have already modeled the p51, p47 and the typhoon just working on the textures which are taking me a while. Here is a small update for you ju 87 fans ...

ju87_2.jpg

Plus just finished working on the cockpit for it, just needs texturing, which is what i'm doing this week

ju87_cockpit.jpg

ju87_cockpit_2.jpg

It still needs alot of work, but will look good when it's finally done i hope. Will be trying to get it in game by the end of the week.

Very Nice! Less for me is better for the rest! wink_o.gif

JU-87 is looking nice,

been looking forward to having a stuka in game.

Scaled model from the beach until the first bunkers on the normandian coast

Included

waterobstacles

tankturret bunker

mg bunker

firecontrol bunker

little gun emplacement

dsc01405bl4.jpg

Thats pretty cool!

Little update:

Started work on the mod yesterday after the end of Christmas break. Got a lot done. Finished up the Pointe du Hoc area. Now moving onto the other famous D-day beaches.