Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Never thought about the Typhoon.  

Funny, that was the first thing I thought about when I saw the selection of aircraft in there. On the British side it was the definitive D-day plane, tank busting in Normandy was it's finest moment.   smile_o.gif anyway, just a thought for the future Rip, you have got a ton of stuff going already.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_hawker_typhoon.html

Funny, that was the first thing I thought about when I saw the selection of aircraft in there. On the British side it was the definitive D-day plane, tank busting in Normandy was it's finest moment.   smile_o.gif  anyway, just a thought for the future Rip, you have got a ton of stuff going already.

Thats a bada$$ plane!

Yeah I know the handling is a little too good on the bombers. I will be redoing that as well.

Suggestion:

Include all already released patches in the next release.

You know, like a one big packet that contains the mod with its most up to date patches?

Sure, you should keep the "patch"-downloads available too incase someone would like to download small 20MB patch instead of 250MB full-packet.

Funny, that was the first thing I thought about when I saw the selection of aircraft in there. On the British side it was the definitive D-day plane, tank busting in Normandy was it's finest moment.   smile_o.gif  anyway, just a thought for the future Rip, you have got a ton of stuff going already.

Thats a bada$$ plane!

Yeah I know the handling is a little too good on the bombers.  I will be redoing that as well.

I've just downloaded this mod and can say its great the potential is huge.

I'm working on a little something that might just fit in aswell.

On the performance of the bombers vs fighters, the quickest way to fix that is to take the flight envelope off the bombers (or if you can't live without the flight envelope, which I think is a little too good, you will have to turn down the acceleration = 1000; to maybe 250 or something) that will make them fat and slow.

You will need to add the flight envelope to the fighters (thats whats missing)making them fast and agile.

If you need a hand tweaking the bombers/fighters shout up.

Southy

Suggestion:

Include all already released patches in the next release.

You know, like a one big packet that contains the mod with its most up to date patches?

Sure, you should keep the "patch"-downloads available too incase someone would like to download small 20MB patch instead of 250MB full-packet.

I try to keep the patches small for the critical patches. The patches that affect gameplay where it makes it unbearable like the extra loud over amplified sounds. I have to get those out.

But I promised Foxhound over at Armaholic and some people there that I would do a roll-up patch ( replacement of the entire mod with the update info ) soon.

Southy - On the question of flight dynamics I'm open for all avenues of help. So drop me a PM if you're interested.

Werhmacht added. The grey suits are back by popular demand!

werhmacht1.jpg

It keeps getting better and better.

All i can say is, WOW !!

Thank you Rip31st and all involved with 31stWW2Mod !!

I think the M10 tank destroyer is indispensable for US army! It was a widely used vehicle in US army and effective against panthers and tigers.

M10 was not an succesfull tank destroyer. The gun lacked the penetration power compared to the german 88mm or the 17 pounder (achilles/ Firefly tank) used by the British forces.

Edit:

Still it is a cool tank... and there was a very good one around in OFP, I dont know who made it. But i guess it was John.

Here is the ofp download link: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6389

Yeah, that is true... the Achilles was much better. The M10 only had a chance if, like the Shermans, it could get in a flank shot to the side of a Tiger.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Correct me if I am wrong, as I may well be. But I don't think the German uniforms were actually grey, it was a green colour of a shade that certainly looked quite grey, but in fact was not.

Correct me if I am wrong, as I may well be.  But I don't think the German uniforms were actually grey, it was a green colour of a shade that certainly looked quite grey, but in fact was not.

Ok here they are the men in green suits...

wink_o.gif

at a distance of 500 meters.(machine guns are mainly used to support fire and to disrupt the actions of opponents) more recoil can help or replace the MG's values with default arma-mg values

Don't lump the Bren in with the German GPMGs or the BAR.

Shooting accurately out to 500m (or more) with the Bren is

totally realistic. Regrettably, I'm old enough to have actually

used one. sad_o.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, as I may well be.  But I don't think the German uniforms were actually grey, it was a green colour of a shade that certainly looked quite grey, but in fact was not.

The grey-green Feldgrau uniform colours in that last

screenshot look spot on. No worries there.

One tiny thing I'd say, though, is that the steel helmets seem

to be a bit misshapen. It detracts a bit from the overall "look".

Nope, you are right. Not surprised, it appears I was thinking of different German units from WW2, my bad.

Guys... What the hell just happened to my Jagdpanther?

It got one-shotted from 1-2km distance. Like how on earth could allied tank take down a jagdpanther from those distances with one shot? Sure, if it was an firefly... But still.

"What the hell destroyed my Jagdpanther?"

Hehe..yeah engagement ranges on some tanks could be lowered a bit. That always got me frustrated in both OFP and in ArmA when some tank waaaaay outside of visual range would nail vehicles with one shot. The ranges sometimes are realistic...but when you don't have a super-duper computer and graphics card it really sucks not being able to see what tank kill you aside from waiting for the death cam to show you. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It got one-shotted from 1-2km distance. Like how on earth could allied tank take down a jagdpanther from those distances with one shot? Sure, if it was an firefly... But still.

as i recall the jagdpanther at the minute is rather under armored.

It gets destoryed out right by one hit from the allied armor and such.

I think it's an armor problem more then a distance problem,

but agreed the engagement range might have to be toned down.

getting fired at from a enemy you can't see online (due to the view distances) is quite annoying.

but it all boils down to the armor values again which are due to be reworked.

AI shoots insanely accurately. Maybe the AI dispersion should increased for the weapons? Hard to say was it realistic if don't know the distance, what part it hit, were you damaged already... IRL also the angle it hit plays a major role.

About historically... Especially the Jagdpanther sidearmor (and rear) wasn't very thick (40-50mm), but the slope (30 or 35 deg iirc) helped. It is a tank destroyer (without a turret), not a tank, so it is better in a defensive role.

AI shoots insanely accurately. Maybe the AI dispersion should increased for the weapons? Hard to say was it realistic if don't know the distance, what part it hit, were you damaged already... IRL also the angle it hit plays a major role.

About historically... Especially the Jagdpanther sidearmor (and rear) wasn't very thick (40-50mm), but the slope (30 or 35 deg iirc) helped. It is a tank destroyer (without a turret), not a tank, so it is better in a defensive role.

Just increase the "aimprecision" to make your hand (and those of AI soldiers) sway then neither the players nor AI soldiers will shoot so deadly accurately as before.

you can also use the FFN mod,which has already adjusted the aimprecision value.

Well, I think it was just a "lucky shot".

You know, just walking on the field, with jagdpanther driving alongside with you. Suddenly, jagdpanther takes a hit, you are like "What the fu-" *tank blows up* *You are dead*

And this how it probably looked like from the other side of the English-channel:

Well, I think it was just a "lucky shot".

You know, just walking on the field, with jagdpanther driving alongside with you. Suddenly, jagdpanther takes a hit, you are like "What the fu-" *tank blows up* *You are dead*

And this how it probably looked like from the other side of the  English-channel:

He didn't read where we were going to put all the damage model, and weapon values up on a list to debate and correct.

That's okay. Not evreyone reads.

wink_o.gif

Maybe they should :P

The armor debate should be interesting.

the thickness and penetration of certain rounds against certain armor and then taking into account the angle and deflection chance percentage rofl.gif

Does the Arma engine deal with deflection on tank rounds?

i know it can deal with deflection with small arms and MG rounds.

but would this work with tank round aswell?

if tank rounds don't have deflection is there anyway to make a tank that would fire a round that would deflect?

like an 88mm bullet  huh.gif

The armor debate should be interesting.

the thickness and penetration of certain rounds against certain armor and then taking into account the angle and deflection chance percentage rofl.gif

Consult any set of WW2 tabletop wargames rules for hints and data. smile_o.gif