WW2 based missions :

You can download them here :

http://www.zshare.net/download/512362431dcd8adc/

Needed Addons/Mods :

31stWW2 MOD

EditorUpdate_v102

Schmalfelden

Isle Barbuda

- SecureBeachHead(TheWall) Southern Sahrani (CoopMission)

- DisruptSupplyHarbor Southern Sahrani (CoopMission)

- CounterOffensive Schmalfelden (CoopMission)

- DestroyAmmoCache Schmalfelden (CoopMission)

- DestroyGunBattery Isle Barbuda (CoopMission)

- ShootingRange/WeaponsCheck Southern Sahrani (For WeaponTesting Purpose)

- SetupTemplate/Troop-GearCheck Southern Sahrani (For Mission builders)

Most objects on map where placed with 3DE editor.

Therefor all missions need the file Pitchbank.sqf.

This file is included in each mission !!

Hopefully this wont be a problem for the authors of the 3D-Editor.

Also objects aquired by EditorUpdate_v102 are used.

Therefor EditorUpdate_v102 is needed.

The following addons are suggested to run serversided to enhance gameplay and enhance AI.

- Durgs VegetationFix

- RAE SandbagFix

- Truegameplay AI Enhancement

- Truegameplay AI Hearing

- Truegameplay AI Radar

- Truegameplay AI Spotting

- VFAI_Equipment (uses ExtendedEventHandlers)

- ExtendedEventhandlers

KnowProblems :

- First Aid Box / MedTent !!

(Adds Player Action to multiple players, if they are to close to the MedBox or MedTent)

- TeamStatus not showing up after parachute drop. (DestroyAmmoCache)

Have lotsa fun wittum !! Greetz Waxbutter+SD

(www.specialdetachment.org)

http://www.specialdetachment.org/forums....#p15478

- Please include Johns_Art KingTiger

It is there. Your problem is that it is not in the same list as rest of the German tanks.

- Big Bunker is buggy (Stairs)

Cant walk the stairs !!

Ai can look thru floors and some walls in the bigbunker

Projectiles go straight thru the roofs.

If placing buildings in the editor, you should be prepared to adjust the height. Sometimes they are automatically on the correct height, sometimes not. Buildings have normally a thick base so that they can be placed on slopes without exposing bottom of the building. Change the height, so that the stairs start at the ground level. Maybe that helps.

(i.e put in the init line: "this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+xyz]" and replace xyz with the amount you want to raise or lower the building)

WaxButter

-Glider scripting/vehicle towing scripting example can be found in the WW2WARFARE mission. It uses 4-5 different mando hitches. Look at the mission folder at the init.sqs to see how they are initialized.

-Using existing textures is a violation of intellectual property rights unless we obtain permission from the original author. It's difficult to track down people on the internet whom made various textures. Instead were having several people who are good at texturing from OFP and others work on replacing the existing textures. The new ones are very nice.

-I agree on visual damage models. We need to work out something that makes it more obvious they are damaged. Last night playing on the server 10 people shot at a Pershing tank continuously until someone got close enough to verify it was dead. It had wreaked havoc before that.

-Yes Vilas traditional wermacht/feldgrau went by the wayside when stubblehopper replaced the textures. I'm planning on putting back in the traditional grey suits.

-Johns King Tiger will be included in the next round of vehicles that get put out in the mod. John has given it to me for modification. I added a working hull gun, corrected the fire of the weapons, added german crew and replaced the m240 machine guns with mg34's.

-I agree with the parachutes. Everyone wants the WWII type drag chutes. I will get around to replacing them soon.

-Ammo boxes can easily be created. They haven't been a priority. Now that a lot of fixes have been put in place we can get to stuff like that.

-Bugs and errors - We have been continuosly putting our best foot forward in attempts to fix all the little bugs and errors. Its a 2 step forward, 1 step back process. Check for continued updates. There are a LOT of fixes already. Make sure you install them in proper sequence.

-I will look at the po8

-A lot of items don't cast shadows intentionally wink_o.gif

-Yes we know that people can't get into the big bunker and can shoot through the floors in it. I'm trying to get a hold of the original author to modify it.

-The geometry needs to be corrected on the jagdpanther to prevent clipping.

-Vilas forgot reload times on his weapons pack. I will correct them and make them manually reload. Someone mentioned that last night during multiplayer when they burned through all their rounds killing about 50 AI in less then a couple minutes biggrin_o.gif

-Burner is redoing the model and texture on his truck.

-rip31st

As a BETA, its really great mod! The only thing I want is to rework a bit Vilas weapons (if he want of course) and changings their sounds. Some of them like Thompson or BAR are terrible. Would be also great to have new sound for Carbine.

As a BETA, its really great mod! The only thing I want is to rework a bit Vilas weapons (if he want of course) and changings their sounds. Some of them like Thompson or BAR are terrible. Would be also great to have new sound for Carbine.

I did change the mg34.  Yes I agree there is a lot of work ahead.  Vilas grenades do not function in multiplayer.  When I address that I will take a look at other items within the pack.

Speaking of packs, here's a nice set of coop missions Waxbutter put together! Very nice! Thanks Waxbutter! IT does require some additional addons. So read it carefully.

Armaholic: Waxbutter's +SD WW2 coop pack

smile_o.gif Thank you for releasing this mod. It might need a few tweaks here or there, but it really fun right now.

Also my thanks to those who helped or contributed portions, especially Vilas.

My hat goes off to those of you with a knack, and the fortitude, to build these wonderful creations. It is also nice to see the cooperative effort to bring it all together.

Please, continue your great work. It is very appreciated.

So far this mod is AWESOME biggrin_o.gif

Only one thing, how can I man the LCM boats?

I've tried using the "In Cargo" option but it's not working.

So far this mod is AWESOME  biggrin_o.gif

Only one thing, how can I man the LCM boats?

I've tried using the "In Cargo" option but it's not working.

-Name your boat in the editor "h1" for example.

-Name the soldier/player whatever "p1".

-In the initialization field of the soldier/player type:

If you want them as cargo:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this AssignAsCargo h1; this MoveInCargo h1;

If you want them as a driver:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this AssignAsDriver h1; this MoveInDriver h1;

If you want them as gunner:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> this AssignAsGunner h1; this MoveInGunner h1;

Same thing works for piloting planes and loading cargo passengers in planes.

I smell a beach landing craft mission in the works! Hopefully MP PVP & Coop!

wink_o.gif

I will just check the newest patch (no time yesterday) and I will try to make some missions.

I've got a couple more missions ligned up in testing. But what I'm looking for right now is some feedback on the map. The terrain specifically. I'm in the process of making improvements on the map for the next couple weeks. Got any ideas, suggestions. Let me know.

thx

-rip

First congratulations on getting this done considering what it is. I have spent hours mucking around with things in the editor and making tank/plane/infantry skirmishes.

Here are my suggestion(s) to date:

-Pilots and tank crews added

-I think that the artillery cannons need to remain static objects, as the kick back from firing said weapons is enormous. You basically can't properly simulate a cannon firing out of a bunker as the gun will eventually move itself out of the building due to the kickback.

- In the BF109 F4 there is the main MG, the bomb, and then the secondary cannon (It doesn't fire for me)

Other then that keep up with the good work!

About the map : I hope we can have a smaller map with a smaller terrain grid for better features. It will be great to have the "bocage" = hedged farmland environment simulated as well as the swamp and flooded areas.

In the "Normandy Map" a 3 squares x 3 squares zone is the size of Sahrani map. I am understanding your project as I have played too much hours on "V for Victory" or "Panzer General" games ... well some time ago. I believe ArmA is to be played on a more tactical level, I mean at "grunt level" not general one.

What will be great is a large map with distinctive Normandy campaign features as Utah Beach, St Mère-l'Eglise, Pointe du Hoc, Pegasus bridge, Cherbourg fortress. A map the size of Sahrani will be enough to hold all these. And you can get a Isle of Wight and a Falaise island nearby to hold Allied and Axis forces. You don't need to have a too realistic arrangement.

Thanks for this beta. Any chance of seeing US Army 29th, 1st, and 4th Infantry divisions with camo netting/non camo netting combo? Also the British troops and 101st Airborne needs some retexturing as well. Other than that I understand this is a beta, but keep up the good work. Now for the 101st Airborne great references would be the films like Saving Private Ryan(101st, 29th, 2nd Ranger Battalion. Also Band of Brothers for 101st as well. If you need help please pm me and I can see if I can have a buddy of mine retexture/model the above named units. biggrin_o.gif

I noticed that in american i couldnt use a german grenade picked in a box in a mission.

For map, its really huge, i think u could reduce the France to Normandy without Paris' area and only keep the cost of england.

example for France

Did u have a problem with ur 2 side warfare cause i dont like the idea of russian resistance. Is it possible to start thee warfare mission with just town with ally  or german status filled with Ally or german Ai

First congratulations on getting this done considering what it is.  I have spent hours mucking around with things in the editor and making tank/plane/infantry skirmishes.

Here are my suggestion(s) to date:

-Pilots and tank crews added

-I think that the artillery cannons need to remain static objects, as the kick back from firing said weapons is enormous.  You basically can't properly simulate a cannon firing out of a bunker as the gun will eventually move itself out of the building due to the kickback.

-  In the BF109 F4 there is the main MG, the bomb, and then the secondary cannon (It doesn't fire for me)

Other then that keep up with the good work!

-Bf109f4 secondary weapon does not fire.  I actually knew about that but you are the first to mention it.  It will be addressed.  The 250kg bomb does work though.

-Tank crews and officers are in work.  Pilots - pilots aren't. - yet.

-Static versions of the AT guns will be added.

-Smaller maps are down the line somewhere, or if someone decides they want to do one, more power to them.

-US 29th, 4th & 1st are put in on the list.  

-Some very nice looking British troops are in the works at the moment.

I'm open for a creative hand when it comes to texturing, just drop me a PM.  I will consider having more details added to the 101st.  The ones we have for the 101st are very good though.  A lot of people like them.  Same with the 2nd.

UPDATE:

MAP additions in progress:

-Added ten more towns to the existing map on the Cherbourg pan handle.  Removed some objects that were misplaced on the road in Carentan and in the forest to the south and north of that town.  Removed an out of place fence near the Army base area of Cherbourg.   More towns and terrain features to be added very soon as well as some ground texture color changes..

GERMANS!

-The grey suits are back for the Wermacht!  Heer will be wearing them soon in the next update.

COCKPITS!

-Bf109 cockpit in the texturing phase.

TANKS!

-Replacement/Addition.  I should say addition more then replacement.  Some of the pics of tanks featured in the WIP thread and on the Cover page of the mod at Armaholic will be making their way to your hands very soon.

-Firefly is nearly complete.

-Another Sherman in the works.

-Cromwell in the works.

-PZ4H had a lot of rework.  Added additional panel to side skirting, raised the skirting around the turret and evened it out, replaced the muzzle brake with a much nicer brake.

-Stuart in work.

-PZ4G in work.  Two versions

-Lancaster Cockpit waiting for paint.

-P38 Lightning in work.

-V1 rocket on the slate.

-Lots and lots of half-tracks both Allied and Axis.

-WC 51 body update and retexturing in progress.

And a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember.  Head is spinning with ideas as usual.

Thanks for the input!

Cheritto mentioned the grenades. They are on the list. They don't work in multiplayer because the "throw" and "put" are not classed properly. I have to redo those. Also smaller versions of the map can be done. The thing about maps are they take the most time. The current map is/was 2 months worth of work. It's not easy. A lot of trial and error trying to get a map that big to work. The smaller maps I can make. I just have to find time. I'm on the same side as you are when it comes to maps. Smaller, higher quality. I do have a plan for the larger map, but that's to share later down the road. You'll have to wait and see and determine later if its worth it or not to you. BUT I'm 100% positive most will end up liking it.

Nice to hear that! Anyway, will you cut the map into pieces? I got good computer and it still lags around forests. Of course patch 1.14...

Really enjoying playing with thus stuff Rip, a fair bit of the stuff is already well modelled like the Kubelwagen and Opel truck. Splinter camo troops look great and whoever put the tacks on the bottom of those German boots deserves a medal for detail, I agree the Feldgrau are a bit weird at the mo. Tank crews would be a great addition, and the old 'chutes I think mapfact has old style parachutes from Flashpoint in his objects collection.

Just a suggestion for future modding in the planes dept, rather than heavy bombers you really need more CAS type aircraft for battlefield use like the Typhoon or Thunderbolt and you certainly need a P-51 smile_o.gif

Really enjoying playing with thus stuff Rip, a fair bit of the stuff is already well modelled like the Kubelwagen and Opel truck. Splinter camo troops look great and whoever put the tacks on the bottom of those German boots deserves a medal for detail, I agree the Feldgrau are a bit weird at the mo. Tank crews would be a great addition, and the old 'chutes I think mapfact has old style parachutes from Flashpoint in his objects collection.

Just a suggestion for future modding in the planes dept, rather than heavy bombers you really need more CAS type aircraft for battlefield use like the Typhoon or Thunderbolt and you certainly need a P-51 smile_o.gif

Thanks!

-P51 is in work. I posted pics in the WIP thread a while back before it was closed.

Never thought about the Typhoon. The Thunderbolt is a 100% go on the list.

More planes sound great! Are you also going to rework their flight characteristics. Because the fighterplanes are to sluggish compared to the bombers. Would be nice if they were more agile.

smile_o.gif