Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Ive downloaded the updates and they fix the Sherman and the others but the Pershing still crashes the game for me (i have a ATI-card).

How do do the four-seated tanks work? How do I man them, script-wise? You probably know this, but the Sherman commander can fire his gun from inside the tank, but he can't turn out. Maybe you can take a look at the VTE-mod if you want to see how to make that thing work.

I'm experienceing som strange sounds when playing multiplayer with myself (other computer as dedicated server). Sounds like the engine sound of a tank plus some strange noises. The Sherman, Pershing, Tiger and Pzkfw IV was in the game.

I must say, this mod is AWESOME! I played a long game last nigth and seeing that Tiger roll over the horizon made me nearly shit my pants in excitement! Keep up the good work! yay.gif

I will look into the Pershing tank.  I don't see a problem at the moment with the texture.  Might be the background image.  

Xorron - Those bugs were already posted.   I think the road wheels on the m26 & pz3f were posted as a known issue as part of the release.  Thanks though.  They will be addressed.

Four seated tank scripting is difficult in ArmA since you only have a commander, driver and gunner position existing in the engine.  There is no "hull gunner" position existing.   How can you tell the game to fill those spots if one doesn't really exist.  The hull gunner is a unique feature to the WW2 mod.  Hopefully ArmA2 will address those issues as it's a game engine feature that lacks at the moment.

There is a cockpit in work for the Lancaster.  IF you use the 31stwc.com open1 server the m101 & 88 have been scripted to be used as artillery.

we had the same problem with the SOCAT puma in our helicoper pack. Just add the second gunner position as gunner.002 and then int he config you need the "ProxyIndex" line.

gunner..002 is already in the model mlod.  The proxy index 2 is also being used.

UPDATE: MAJOR FIXES...

This fix addresses some bugs found on tanks, sounds that are too loud, weapons that are too powerful, and includes another ATI fix for the M26 Pershing tank.  Also gives AI the ability for air to air combat with fixed winged fighters ( not tested in multiplayer ).  Fixes the funky road wheels on the M26 & PZ3F.

-Flak 36 88 - Explosive blast radius changed from 40m to 5m.  Visual explosion remains the same, so does hit points against other vehicles.  Lowered decibal rating from 100db to 50 db.  88 was too audible from long range.

-He111 - Explosive blast radius changed from 25m to 10m.  Bombs are too destructive.  AI pilots were bombing themselves to death.  Hopefully this resolves this issue.

-Bf109e1 - Added canlock=2 to configuration.  This gives the ability for AI to dogfight.  Not tested in multiplayer.

-Hawker Hurricane Mk IIc- Added canlock=2 to configuration.  This gives the ability for AI to dogfight.  Not tested in multiplayer.

-Jagpanther - Weapons & engines sounds too audilble over distance, db rating lowered.  88 weapon sound changed.  Jagdpanther indirect hit range changed from 15m to 5m.

-Avro Lancaster - Bombs too powerful, indirect hit range lowered from 25m to 10m.

-M4a4 Sherman - Changed main weapon sound, lowered engine sound - was too lound before.

-M26 Pershing - Fixed road wheels so the rotate around proper axis.  Temporarily darkened texture until replacement texture is completed.  Lowered engine sound so it's not audible from long distance.  Raised volume of main weapon firing to be comparable to other tanks.

-M101 Howitzer - Lowered indirect hit range from 40m to 5m.  

-Pak38 - Lowered indirect hit range from 30m to 3m.

-Panther - Lowered indirect hit range from 40m to 5m.  Lowered engine sound so its not audible from long distance.

-PZ3F - Fixed road wheels that weren't rotating around proper axis, lowered engine sound so its not audible from long distance.

-Supermarine spitfire - Added canlock=2 to config.  Gives AI pilots the ability to engage other aircraft.

-Tiger1 - Lowered engine sound so its not audible from long distance.  Adjusted turret height so turret meets hull.  Adjusted hull side - lowered skirt.  Lowered indirect hit from 40m to 5 m.  Changed 88 sound.

-Unzip to your arma folder and when prompted, overwrite all.

Download:

FIXES FOR 11/09

Mirrors at Armaholic and other sites will come tomorrow.  I continue to try to support the community the best I can.

Flak36 88 is moving on the ground sidewise while turning or receiving shots ... but not while firing, and if there is an obstacle near by it will start bouncing!

How do do the four-seated tanks work? How do I man them, script-wise?

This is how you man the hull-gunner position in the PZ4 and the Sherman by script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier moveInTurret [tank, [0,1]];

Replace soldier with the crewmember and tank with the name of the tank. Its the same for both the tanks.

See more:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/moveInTurret

Flak36 88 is moving on the ground sidewise while turning or receiving shots ... but not while firing, and if there is an obstacle near by it will start bouncing!

If you have the flak36 88 crewed it may move. Afterall it's a vehicle and not a static weapon. If you have it close to something it may bounced around a bit as it may be clipping whatever its near. We've been using it extensively in multiplayer testing and all I can say about it is it's a favorite.

I will experiment with it and place it near other objects to see how it reacts. IT may be that the land contact LOD might be too far our from its support legs.

I have no problem with the model itself, I believe it's great ... and a dangerous opponent as it was in real world. It's just strange to see the thing sliding on the ground, and began bouncing if it's path cross a rock, ... there are rocks on Rahmadi where I am doing my addon/mod tests biggrin_o.gif

Someone mentioned previously the following were issues:

-M4a4 - Switching positions causes game to crash.

-PZ3F - coupla does not move with turret.

-German's do not have Medic.

-Tank sights are off.  

I can't replicate the M4A4 crashing the game by switching views.  Can someone else?  The PZ3F coupla is attached to the turret and moves with it.  Can't replicate that either.  German's have a "SS Medic" in their ranks.  The tank sights are off in Arma.  Even with the default equipment.  The problem when you zoom in and out is the retical doesn't move in ArmA.  I know it seems irritating, but that's what the hash reference marks are on the retical for.  Zoom in, look at your target, fire, see where the round splashes, adjust your aim.  The only thing I can do for tank and cannon sights is to move it a hair to the right.  

-The Tiger1 tank has an extreme zoom I am working on fixing.

I have made several fixes today.  I may post another patch later.

I am looking for input on the dispersion of weapons.  I need all the infantry weapons tested and your thoughts and results for each one tested.  We can then go over them with a fine tooth comb and make adjustments.  You may want to support your findings with screenshots to help explain some of your comments.

Thx!

Hella work you did there.Congrats to your and your team.

I havent tried anything yet I am so busy busy.

I see some complain about quality, I would like to point out how I released my crubby little Pacific Demo for OFP with unfinished stuff and it was a blast to play.Looked like crap.

Then I got some help and I spent four months straight on the Corsair F4U and it took all my spare time but we ended up with a decent WW2 Fighter plane in the end.

People dont realize how much time you can spend on ONE quality addon that takes all your time to research,authenticate and bugfix > It can surely take all your time.

I didnt bother finishing my Helldiver which was my initial project that I actually wanted (I prefer the med bombers,so much fun and can pick up passenger/tailgunner)

Well because of OFP engine limitations I wasted a great effort and much time to try to overcome and didnt bother with more med bombers with tailgunners.

Congrats on your mod, community loves WW2 (unfortunately not as much enthusiasm for Pacific like me)

I was just PM'd XxEnigmAxX saying how I forgot about the HS123 that would fit perfectly with your mod your welcome to.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bratty/hs123.html

You should "take a break" I know how it is

edit: for some giggles here is the initial Corsairs:

[/url]pacifics.jpg

and then done:

ECA_iegf4u.jpg

Hella work you did there.Congrats to your and your team.

I havent tried anything yet I am so busy busy.

I see some complain about quality, I would like to point out how I released my crubby little Pacific Demo for OFP with unfinished stuff and it was a blast to play.Looked like crap.

Then I got some help and I spent four months straight on the Corsair F4U and it took all my spare time but we ended up with a decent WW2 Fighter plane in the end.

People dont realize how much time you can spend on ONE quality addon that takes all your time to research,authenticate and bugfix > It can surely take all your time.

I didnt bother finishing my Helldiver which was my initial project that I actually wanted (I prefer the med bombers,so much fun and can pick up passenger/tailgunner)

Well because of OFP engine limitations I wasted a great effort and much time to try to overcome and didnt bother with more med bombers with tailgunners.

Congrats on your mod, community loves WW2 (unfortunately not as much enthusiasm for Pacific like me)

I was just PM'd XxEnigmAxX saying how I forgot about the HS123 that would fit perfectly with your mod your welcome to.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bratty/hs123.html

You should "take a break" I know how it is

Thanks for the compliments. I'm on a rampage right now trying to bug fix and just fix stuff up in general. I've accomplished a lot on my list.

Yeah I think most people realize that it takes a while to do high quality add-ons. For example Johns_ART did a wonderful King Tiger. He's worked off and on with it for about a year. We've done a ton of work in just over 90 days.

He's given the King Tiger to me now and I've added a hull gunner to it, changed the machine guns from the m240 he was using to mg34's. Also corrected the fire from the commander when he's turned out ontop. It was way off to the right. Got the 88 sound working. It will be featured in phase 2 of the mod.

I am looking for input on the dispersion of weapons.  I need all the infantry weapons tested and your thoughts and results for each one tested.  We can then go over them with a fine tooth comb and make adjustments.  You may want to support your findings with screenshots to help explain some of your comments.

Do you mean you want actual figures for accuracy or just

what people like in the game?  In reality, it depends on the

state of the rifle, the ammo and the shooter. For all WW2

service rifles a 4 inch group at 100 yards is average to pretty

good. I could post more detailed info but I'd obviously run

the risk of being called a "moron" again.  smile_o.gif

One thing I notice is that your German sniper has a really

crappy telescope view. It looks like this:

ZFFotze.jpg

If you want it, I can give you this one I did. The graticule is

traced from a photo taken through a real one so it's in the

correct proportions:

ZFToll.jpg

It has a very slight lens bloom and a tiny yellow cast to

represent a WW2 era optic that's seen some hard service. I

can send you a .p3d with the optics view texture already

applied so all you'd need to do is open your rifle's config file

and set optics=<.p3d I'll send you> and change the texture

path in the optics view .p3d. Let me know if you want this.

Speaking of the rifles, I must say that none of them recoil

nearly enough. The Kar98K in the mod, for example,

barely moves, when in reality it kicks [really] hard. The

"semi-auto" case ejection looks very silly too - especially

since it's so easy to disable.

That's a nice sight, feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to see it in the mod.

Just notice some of the tanks are still too loud. The Pershing and PZ4H blast your eardrums off in multiplayer so I will be addressing those.

I must say i already have great fun playing this mod, its already a immersing experience for me. As for the dispersion i think its pretty good, the rifles imho should be quite accurate. It's very satisfying picking up a mauser and taking down a guy in one shot a few hundred meters away. The guns (and the cannons!wink_o.gif seem quite powerful and thats just right as i think the BIS-guns have a been a little too weak...

Still having strange sound problem in multiplayer but that could be a problem with my machine, although it doesnt happen in any other mod. Everytime theres no sound playing (when im standing still, not reloading/firing or anything else and there isnt anyone around me) i hear the sound of a tank engine quite loud as if i would stand right next to it coupled with some strange sounds that could be the sound of some cannon firing. I have been using Chammy's sound mod and that might be it cause i havent tried it without it (and cant right now). Am I the only one having this problem?

Some planes have this problem that it sounds great at one rpm level but not so good in other. Like the Spitfire sounds good in flight, but starting the engine and taxing slowly it sounds odd. I had to tweak the Allison engine sound in P-38 a lot to make it sound ok in all the rpm range.

weaponbox contains only 2 Weapons for every side.

U.S. Infantry has no MG Gunner (Browning 300.) or I've not found it.

Garand Front and rear sights need a little rework

Garand at a distance of 500 meters 1-2 shots. Effective range:400 - 600m(is correct)

but the same for:

Bar

MG 34

Mg42

Bren

arma20081111125711.bmp.png

arma20081111125759.bmp.png(Bar at 500m 1-3 shot kill)

at a distance of 500 meters.(machine guns are mainly used to support fire and to disrupt the actions of opponents) more recoil can help or replace the MG's values with default arma-mg values

i think it only needs a little tune

I think that the problem on the tank sounds (it's one of the German tanks) is that the sound is in stereo and so the ArmA sound engine is not working properly because it can't position the sound properly. All sound FX in ArmA need to be in mono, not stereo. If you use a stereo sound file, there is not directionality and it is if the sound is coming from all around you which is VERY annoying. That ruins the atmosphere of the game when you have this massive tank sound that sounds like its everywhere around you.

The good news is that it's an easy fix. All the sound files should be checked to make sure that they are in mono.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Few problems:

- spitfire (and possibly other planes) do not have that compass string on top of the screen and no "radar rectangle" to show the nearby objects (red and green squares).

- 40mm Bofors AA gun: This might be because of the max leed speed or Ai engage range or something, but AI doesn't want to engage objects flying fast (>500km/h?) at low level. It does raise the gun barrel but shoots nothing. Human player has damn hard to hit anything either: No tracers or they are so dim that no idea where the shells end.

There is another patch coming for sound and AI. The aircraft will not have the radar. The new cockpits which you've seen in work in this thread will provide a compass for you. The compass string which he is refering to can also be added to the top of the screen.

Sound. All sound are in mono. None of them are in stereo. I knew that before I recorded them. The problem is the sounds were recorded at too high of a level for the ArmA game engine. Also the decibal rating in each vehicle configuration determines how loud that sound can be carried over distance. Another factor is the vehicles audible parameter inside the vehicle configuration. Some of the vehicles carried audible parameters that were too high.

As of this morning I have already re-recorded all of the 16bit mono sound files and deamplified them to a lower level...for the tanks.

Telix in your screens there you have a bar sight.

Keep up the great feedback. Soon I will post all weapons, ammo, armor and damage values so we can setup a standard system for the WW2 mod.

BTW in the next update the AI dogfighting will be addressed again. Some paramters were left out. I've had a discussion with FF Frizy to come up with a solution and a fix.

We will test it out today and get that fix in along with others and post a update later.

The aircraft will not have the radar.

Not quite sure what you mean here. I do know these planes what we have now did not have a radar, but in default Arma it is found in vehicles not having a radar in real life either. Finding anything without it is hard. I have tryed stopping V1s in spitfire and it is really hard to spot them in time.

Also...the 40mm AA...do you have time to look for that, because AI does absolutely nothing to stop V1s. My guess is that the max speed a target can have is too low (maxLeadSpeed).

The aircraft will not have the radar.

Not quite sure what you mean here. I do know these planes what we have now did not have a radar, but in default Arma it is found in vehicles not having a radar in real life either. Finding anything without it is hard. I have tryed stopping V1s in spitfire and it is really hard to spot them in time.

Also...the 40mm AA...do you have time to look for that, because AI does absolutely nothing to stop V1s. My guess is that the max speed a target can have is too low (maxLeadSpeed).

If the V1 is traveling at 360+ then the maxleadspeed of the weapon targeting it would have to be higher, otherwise AI won't bother to engage.  And for AI to target ground units there has to be an irscan range parameter added.  3500m works well.

PATCH 2: 11/11/08

<a href="http://rapidshare.com/files/162923101/fix1111.zip" target="_blank">

Rapidshare: FIXES FOR 11/11</a>

This patch addresses the following:

-Tiger1 - Engine sound was way too loud and audible from long distance, lowered db rating and edited .wav file for engine sound.  Changed audible parameter in config from 10 to 8.   Right side road wheels fixed, no longer hollow looking.

-M101 Howitzer had german sight, now uses Allied sight.  M101 Howitzer changed to WWII Olive drab. Added more weight to howitzer so it won't rock and sway as much when fired.

-Willy Jeep - Removed bullet proof windshield.  Adjusted geometry to allow vehicle to cross over bridge without getting stuck on it.  Made 3rd cargo posistion visible.

-Flak36 88- Crew was unkillable by small arms fire or explosions.  Added crew to fire geometry - They can be killed now.  Known Arma engine limitation prevents dead gunner from being ejected.

-40mm bofors -  Gunner was unkillable by small arms fire or explosions.  Added gunner to fire geometry - Gunner can be killed now.  

-JU52 - Incorrect seating arrangements, can't see some of the cargo positions once AI has filled the aircraft.  Corrected seating assignments and made all cargo viewable.  Added cargo position next to pilot.  Added compass to pilots view.

-PZ4H - Engine sound was way too loud and audible from long distance.  Edited .wav file.

-Horsa glider - added compass to pilots view at the top of the screen.

-BF109 F4 - added compass to pilots view.  Now AI can lock onto other aircraft and dogfight.  Changed GBU to 250kg bomb.  Changed icon from blury looking A10 to bf109 icon.

-Supermarine spitfire - added compass to pilots view.  Now AI can lock onto other aircraft and dogfight.

-BF109E1 - added compass to pilots view.  Ai pilot can now dogfight.

-C47 added compass to pilots view.

-Gotha go242 glider - added compass to pilots view.

-He111 - added compass to pilots view.

-Hawker Hurricane - added compass to pilots view.  Ai pilot can now dogfight.

-Avro Lancaster - added compass to pilots view.

-LCM(3) Landing craft - Crew and passengers can now be killed.  Gunner now moves with turret.  Driver now has compass.  Gunner has compass.

The next patch out after PATCH 2 will replace the entire mod pack. IT will feature replacement vehicles with much improved textures, an improved map, and some additional vehicles.

-rip31st

As promised...WW2WARFARE!

warfare_logo_brown-1.png

WW2 WARFARE: FEATURES

-KNOWN ISSUES: AIRPORTS do not work correct- Airports removed - ALL AIRCRAFT ADDED TO THE AIRCRAFT FACTORY - so you can spawn them from there.  The airports will only function as a point of return for autopilot landings or AI disembarkment.

-Resistance forces are Russian and use allied equipment(Willy Jeep, M26 Pershing, M4A4 Sherman.

-LCM(3) landing craft can be spawned from the AIRCRAFT FACTORY, so commanders place them carefully near water.  Don't try to attempt to spawn aircraft in water or vice-versa  This does not currently function properly as spawning in water does not work.

-THIS MAP IS HUGE!  BE SMART AND TAKE A PAIR OF FUEL TRUCKS WITH YOU TO PIGGY BACK!

-YOU CAN MOVE YOUR MHQ via air.  Ju52's and C47's can move the mhq once it's "picked-up" by a glider.  It will place your vehicle 50 meters behind and 8 meters up in the air - May look ackward.

-AI forces skill set at max.

-Capture all towns or destroy enemy base.

-Your own AI can be REMOVED from your control! YES! thats right! Remove through the "Team Status" action menu. Put a end to those miserable AI you own that get stuck, or Remove the "Where are you" relentless AI.  Team status dialog modified to fit Normandy map parameters.

-TEAM STATUS allows you to join other join other groups and manage AI if you become a leader in that group.  In WW2Warfare commands from the chosen commander whether AI or a PVP overide your orders if you join another AI controlled or player controlled team.  Team status allows you to view status of others including damage, health, ammo, etc.

-You can join other units and become part of their mission at any time through the "Team Status" action menu.

-Supply & Salvage trucks have fuel, ammo, & repair functions so they also have unlimited fuel for their own use so they shouldn't get stuck so often.

-Opel blitz & WC51 dodge can repair, refuel and provide ammo and spawn various weapons when you are close to them.

-Kublewagon and Jeep funtion as MHQ respectively and despawn randomly under AI command, this creates an unpredictable atmosphere where base defense is mandatory.  Also MHQ's are hard to spot for enemy and friendlys =)

-AIRCRAFT - Some can hitch and tow gliders, Gliders can hitch(pickup) HQ vehicles and cars  - Hitching of gliders is somewhat buggy, gliders will appear above ground when they are hitched.

-TRUCKS - They can tow (pickup) static weapons, other cars & moveable guns and tow them.

-LANDING CRAFT - Can be spawned via light vehicle spawn placed by water, so be careful on how you place it ( currently doesnt work...working on it).

-LANDING CRAFT - Can hitch (pickup) tanks, cars, HQ, static & moveable weapons.

-Bases commanders get more initial funds.

-Increased construction distance to spread base apart and prevent one team from winning the game with a solo bomber.

-ARTILLERY - FLAK36 for the Axis, M101 Howitzer for the Allies - 1,000 m min./  14,000 m max distance.

-Other known issues.  When purchasing Equipment or AI, the words "repair", "refuel","ammo", etc appear in que although purchases do work.

DOWNLOAD WW2WARFARE V1.0

<a href="http://rapidshare.com/files/162987655/ww2warefare.normandy.pbo" target="_blank">

Rapidshare: ww2warfare.normandy.pbo</a>

Recommended WW2WARFARE mission Server settings(this is what the 31st uses):

-Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.8Ghz equivilant or higher

-Windows 2008 Server or equivilant

-4 Gigs or system ram

PROPS !!

- "A BIG Thank U" to everybody involved in the 31stWW2 mod !! Its a truly Awesome Mod :-)

Questions/Suggestions !!

- Script example for towing Gliders

- Script example for jeeps in Gliders

- Why not use existing textures from good looking models

on models with weird looking textures ?

- Requesting better visual damage models on Tanks.

Greyed out damage models (better vissible damage on models)

Only way to visually confirm killed Tank, is to see if at the front the tracks are missing

- Villas German FeldGrau dissapeared

(matter of taste but the grey uniforms are good,

and imho a must for the german side)

- Please include Johns_Art KingTiger

- Requesting Mg42's on high tripods (for behind sandbags and in bunkers)

- Requesting Authentic WW2 parachutes

- Requesting Authentic Ammoboxes

(German Ammobox is marked with Russian text)

Bugs / Errors !!

- Vilas Weapons : German weapons : Error message,

No picture P08

- Vilas weapons : PPs-43 has no ammo ?

Also no correct picture display in gear.

- Some of Vilas weapons dont cast shadows, like the thompson.

- Big Bunker is buggy (Stairs)

Cant walk the stairs !!

Ai can look thru floors and some walls in the bigbunker

Projectiles go straight thru the roofs.

- I can hide my head in the Jagdpanther's ASS !! :-)

the stick out part doesnt have clipping mask.

- No reload time Static MG-3, MG-42/59, M1919 A4

No reload time on machine guns in tanks

- On dodge outside view if ya steer left or right the steringwheel will

rotate upside down instead of rotate left, right.

Also transparent texture on bench, (see picture).

17disrupttheharboreditns9.th.jpg