Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

Sherman, PZ IV, Jagdtpanther working, but

- gun is aiming side way

- on Sherman and PZ IV, the hull gunner is the real tank commander, the so called "tank commander" is looking at the sky ..., T,F keys working.

- on Jagdpanther, tank commander can give driving and firing orders, but firing or driving orders are without effect if you have changed role with T key.

- on Lancaster, no textures when inside looking backward, need to have 2 side by side pilots ... and a bomber station.

Sherman, PZ IV, Jagdtpanther working, but

- gun is aiming side way

- on Sherman and PZ IV, the hull gunner is the real tank commander, the so called "tank commander" is looking at the sky ..., T,F keys working.

- on Jagdpanther, tank commander can give driving and firing orders, but firing or driving orders are without effect if you have changed role with T key.

- on Lancaster, no textures when inside looking backward, need to have 2 side by side pilots ... and a bomber station.

The texture error you're receiving is due to ATI.  I will support fixing it.  The problem occurs when ATI attempts to buffer what it considers a non-conformant texture to memory.  For some reason ATI has issues handling textures.  The error you're seeing with the C47 has to do with texture size.  Your ATI card doesn't support anything but 16x16,32...,64,128,256,512,1024 and so on mapping.  I would seriously try attempting to download ATI's latest driver set and give it a go if you haven't already.  

Momma told me never to buy ATI...now you know why.

I remember a day when I had ATI...one thing I didn't like was the gamma.  Always on the dark side.   crazy_o.gif \

Getting back to the tanks...the gun aims sideways?  Which gun on what tank?  Or is at all the tanks?  Do you have a screenshot to help explain what you're seeing?  It would help me out help you out.

-The tanks to the ArmA engine have odd crews. It's difficult to explain. To get the hull gunner to work, I had to trick the engine into thinking it had two commanders positions...but not really. The regular arma has three positions: driver, gunner, commander. There is no such thing as a hull gunner to ArmA. It took quiet a while to work that out so people could have that extra turret. Especially a hull gun or bow mg with limited movement. I'm not sure what you're seeing when you hit "T" ( teamswitch ) or "F".

None of the planes are complete.  I know the lancaster has a nice view looking back at the moment. wink_o.gif

lol, don't blame ATI for your mistakes. You didn't follow industry standards.

Grandad (me of course) says "you can buy a ATI card because it works right".

I am using my ATI1950Pro512Mo  for all my ArmA games, addons and mods and I have no problem.

- gun aiming side way with all tanks, here PZ IV aiming :

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31stww2pzivaimingxsxi6.jpg

- tracks not moving on M4A4

- getting "brithelmet" error for Vilas soldiers

Grandad (me of course) says "you can buy a ATI card because it works right".

I am using my ATI1950Pro512Mo  for all my ArmA games, addons and mods and I have no problem.

- gun aiming side way with all tanks, here PZ IV aiming :

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31stww2pzivaimingxsxi6.jpg

- tracks not moving on M4A4

- getting "brithelmet" error for Vilas soldiers

Oh the sight is off.  Yes we know that when you fire, it's off to the right.  That is on the list.  I believe its on a page or two back.  Thanks for the screenshot.

The problem exists for ATI anytime you mix a non-conformant texture.  You finally ran into one.  Don't worry about it.  We will have it fixed for you very soon.

Also the helmets are on the list already. Thanks though!

Same graphic card than Oldbear same problem with the c47.

I notice that an AI player can go forward with the horsa without being towed.

i thought this as well.

turns out the AI is freakishly good at keeping it gliding almost indefinitely.(abusing the high lift?)

I think you could solve the problem til a fix by using a command or code?

something like the setflyingheight code,

though i'm not sure of the exact coding sorry.

hopefully you can set it to 0 and the AI will follow suit *fingers crossed*

hohoho greeaaaat mod yay.gif

have alot fun with it

realy nice infantry units

nice sounds (and some not so good)

nice vehicles but need rework

hit accuracy is nearly everywhere higher than the standard weapons in arma, particular at the rifles and SMG's.

to adapt the standard weapons and fewer hit accuracy and it is perfectly.

old weapons = less accuracy than modern weapons whistle.gif

some wound textures on dead soldiers.

weapon damage too high i think(pistols,carabine some other weapons)one shoot one kill

p-08 no weapon pic in equipment(g-button)  

thx for this mod notworthy.gif

yeah that is a bit of an odd opinion.

the old weapons were accurate,

especially the bolt action rifles IE the Karabiner 98,

as i remember the british Bren was slated slightly by the crews using then for be overly accurate for a Light Machine Gun

Yup. Here in Norway the k98/mauser has been one of the most popular hunting rifles for many years, and a few still use them today!

So don't underestimate an old design.

that is correct my fault whistle.gif k98 is very accurate but not every rifle is a half sniper rifle(k98 with scoper = sniperrifle) (one shot on kill)

older weapons have a high rebound and thus less accuracy  pistols.gif

not true??? then why are more and more new weapons built?not only because of money

I just want to say that about half or all of the weapons are more accurate than modern weapons(and the default weapons in arma) wink_o.gif sorry for misunderstanding: D

Yes!  Gliders are experimental at this point.   They can be moved.  They shouldn't be able to fly on their own ( my bad) lol.  I will change some parameters to fix that.  Thanks for the heads up on that one.  I didn't know AI could take off with them.  That's kind of funny.

We were playing on the ww2warefare server.  I had a ju52 hooked up to a Gotha.  Inside of it another player was piloting the Gotha - Full loads of AI.   When I released him at about 200m he dropped like a rock.  I was laughing very hard.   So funny.

So I gotta get with mandoble on the hitching program to see if we can come up with a better way.  The hitching only works with the ww2warfare mission.

The c-47 engine texture is the problem.  I will fix it and patch it up later.  Hopefully this gets rid of your ATI headache.

So the great debate on weapons start! This is good! I will post all weapons values soon so we can hash out a formula and a system.

Aye, everything does work now except the c47 which you know about.

Could I suggest perhaps not fixing the gliders until the c47 is fixed as it allows us ATI users to still have a troop carrying plane for the allies. smile_o.gif

Yes I tried it, the distance between the towns are insane biggrin_o.gif

The server fps was very low though, so the AI fell asleep.

Got CTDs from C47, M26 Pershing and Panther. Hope you wont get down by that huge amount of work that is waiting for you + team! Usually OFP/ArmA community is very keen on playing with nearly 100% true looking and working stuff. Good research is a crucial factor for making mods+addons.

playability and fun has always been over 100% accurate models in my eyes.

we've got something out there,

Some may say it's terrible,Others will praise it.

whatever they say it will carry on rolling and it will keep getting better.

like it or not :P

nener.gif

My only problem with this mod up to this moment is the tremendous amount of crashes that my game goes through when i play ww2 warfare on your server.

I really couldn't care much for the graphics of planes. its all about gameplay baby!

The thing with the island is that its a little bit TOO big. I mean, i took a C-47 and flew from my base that was on England territory and into France and it took me almost half hour. Its just a lot of turf to cover. But other than that, think this mod is a 4.5 out of 5!!!

i'll try to get a texture for the c-47 done asap so it can be applied in a fix,

hopefully that will clear some things up

Have you looked at the partly transparent Horsa walls? I think it is the same thing or a very close relative to the problem I have now. I put the cowling of the P-38 black (normal to reduce the sun reflection), but now the bloody thing looks transparent (like sunglasses)!  crazy_o.gif

I asked it in the O2 modding forum, but no answer yet.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=76197

Have you looked at the partly transparent Horsa walls? I think it is the same thing or a very close relative to the problem I have now. I put the cowling of the P-38 black (normal to reduce the sun reflection), but now the bloody thing looks transparent (like sunglasses)!  crazy_o.gif

I asked it in the O2 modding forum, but no answer yet.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=76197

When our wonderful friend Burner created the horsa he used a transparent background on the texture.  Anytime you do that you're gonna be able to see through it.  Especially the darker or later in the day it gets.  I do have it on the list already a few pages back.  So it will get addressed soon.

UPDATE: C47 fix is uploaded. Just waiting for my friends at Armaholic to look in their que.  Then it will be available for download.

-This fix addresses the nonconformant texture and makes it conformant with industry standards.  My apologies to those out there that were having issues.

-This fix also adds a cargo position next to the pilot so the pilot no longer rides alone up front.

-This fix also places crew in their proper spots so they appear to be riding where they are supposed to be.

-This fix also removed the flickering surface on the tail of the C47.

As soon as it is up, I will post download links in the appropriate places.

Thanks again for your patience.

**IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR THE FIX YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE:

Rapidshare C47_fix.zip

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to fix  : C47fix

Thanks, I put it on the initial thread entry. Hope that worked for you Bear! If you have any more texture problems, let me know.

Yes ! C-47 flying now, no more CTD. Thanks notworthy.gif