Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

I know that it's an alpha more than a beta. It needs work, a lot of it.

Not to discourage you, but it's the truth. But cosidering the fact that it hasn't past more than, what, 2 months? since you first posted it's very understable. Also, you are only 3-4 people.

Do you need a bug report or you already know which things do you need to change?

Thx for all but i m disapointed u removed the historical details, nobody will check the german users hard drive.

I like your concept of making a community ww2 mod, which will keep on progressing with time. I remembers desert combat for bf1942 when irakians spoke german rofl.gif

Have some Probs with BAR-Gunner Helmet Texture. Texture is only white

Same here, Im gonna try redownloading when I get home and so should probably you smile_o.gif

Have some Probs with BAR-Gunner Helmet Texture. Texture is only white

There is a US soldier with a white "camo" helmet that is missing textures. Such a nice helmet to be running around with white paint! biggrin_o.gif

It's already on the list. Thx!

As for the bugs list, you can PM me so I can compare what I already have. There is also a small list on the Armaholic forums of what we caught during a multiplayer session. thx!

the pzkpfv 3 got a bug on the wheels, the ju52 is in bader shape than a crashed one i saw and cockpits suck, but its only beta

The lancaster needs gunner positions!

Too bad got many CTDs with different vehicles.  confused_o.gif

Thanks for getting a little preview about this WW2 Mod! Dont rush it, take your time for improvements and debugging. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  smile_o.gif

i'm really confused why some are getting CTD's

it's very stable on my desktop.

is there any specific vehicle that is causing it for you?

I think its great even though its a beta, only issue I ran into was when I tried to use the sherman, it crashed to desktop giving some memory error confused_o.gif

Other than that no problems so far. Nice Work

Is the 31st WWII warfare server still up and running I couldn't find it? Nice mod btw smile_o.gif.

I found the server, but it didn't have WWII warefare on it. It was a different Sahrani warefare one.

Im on the server now, but it crashed at base, same error i had before, maybe its just my end as my pc aint great

''Cannot create system memory surface 1555,50x50 (size 6272 B) error code 8876086c''

same again just now same format of code just different numbers crazy_o.gif

I have had time to test it briefly so far. I got one error when flying over Calais. It was some error that cannot find or load some p3d file. Sorry forgot to write it down what it was exactly.

It is alpha allright (or beta whatever) so it is understandable that the stuff looks to be in WIP stage. But even more than updating the vehicles there is one thing more important imho. If I was doing it I would add some stuff to the map. Currently it is very barren and you really cannot use terrain much at all. If you field a tank you are dead meat if the enemy has any planes. I don't think the map size is so much an issue yet, because to me it loads about as fast as Rahmadi so you could add a lot more stuff. The map is so huge that theres should be actually multiple people doing it  confused_o.gif

message error on warefare mission open1 server ingame :

cannot create memory surface 4444.224X280(size166624B) error code 8876086c)

But i have a bad ping cause im in Europe

Can someone please give me the IP to the WWII warefare server? Thank you in advance.

Oh yeah, now there were ww2 Tanks and planes out!! YEEAAAH!!! Now I can do my campaign!! Thx very much!! I Love u all guys!! JEEHA. yay.gifnotworthy.gifpistols.gif

the pzkpfv 3 got a bug on the wheels, the ju52 is in bader shape than a crashed one i saw and cockpits suck, but its only beta

The lancaster needs gunner positions!

Don't you read the first post? It clearing states that most planes don't have cockpits, yet. Same goes for the wheel bug on some tanks.

Great units, lots of fun so far!

The feeling is definitely there. smile_o.gif

Some quick feedback:

With all the aircraft, roll and pitch are way out of balance with respect to one another.  IMO, roll is far too quick.  This can be seen with simply putting joystick hard to right, then to left then back in rapid sequence.  Prop aircraft cannot do that in real life... not that quick anyway.

Pitch on the other hand is excruciatingly slow as compared to normal.  I'm sure it ain't perfect, but the way the BIS Camel has roll and pitch is really good for gameplay imo.

The only other real hum-dinger I'm seeing is the speed of various turrets turning.  I have to admit it is cool seeing the AI slowly turning turrets, but for a player it's probably set a bit excessively low, especially raising and lowering the elevation of turrets on some of the tanks.

Anyhow, awesome work so far!  Can't wait for all upcoming updates and/or new equipment!

pistols.gif

message error on warefare mission open1 server ingame :

cannot create memory surface 4444.224X280(size166624B) error code 8876086c)

But i have a bad ping cause im in Europe

I just had this as well.

And me, i either crash while trying to load the warfare mission (Normandy one) or it crashes and won't let me alt tab so i have to restart - Also, the M4 Sherman crashes the game for me.

Overall, aside from the bugs and rough beta status of many of the units, I still think its a great start and honestly I prefer having this rough beta to begin making missions with rather then nothing at all. I had a great time making a massive infantry/armor/air battle. Seeing the German bomber doing low level bomb runs on the allied armor was quite impressive. Things get even more fun if you add in the FFN mod as the AI act a bit smarter and you get more pitched battles.

So overall I give a big thumbs up!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ArmA: Troubleshooting: error code 8876086c

This is caused by third party content using textures with non 2^n (32,64,128,256,etc) dimensions. It may not effect all video cards.

That's the reason why some peoples games crash. The error messages name the texture's resolution and size, some infos to track down the incorrect files.

Yes, the aircraft control rates are sometimes off. For example C-47 rolls faster than any fighter (I think). It is too quick for keyboard control and not even in realistic limits. Some other are moving quite nicely like the Spitfire, but many fighters need bit more responsive elevator because it is used in tight turns.

The Tiger turret turning is awfully slow. I know it was slow or slower than most other tanks, but it also affects the gun elevation. The worst thing in that case is that in Arma the turret doesn't turn at the same time as the hull if the gunner positon is manned. IRL some Tigers crews had the habbit to turn the hull at the same time when they wanted to turn the gun quickly.

Power of the guns is usually too big imho. I think it is bit too much if 1-2 shots bring down a medium size house. Because it is too much work and hassle to upgrade the building hitpoints I would downgrade the shell power. I would also vote for at least 2 types of shells: high explosive (HE) and a general type of Anti-tank/armour piercing (AT/AP) shell. Then setting the HE hitpoints relative to the BIS default values matching the caliber. (e.g 105mm howitzer getting the same hitpoints as the BIS 105mm M119 -> 210). The AP hitpoints could be c. 5-6 times the penetration value at 100m (for example) and only 0.0-0.05% explosive in nature so that they are effective only as anti-tank rounds. This would give AP rounds much higher hit value than HE, but because of their different natures they could not be used in swapped roles so much.

EDIT: Oh yeah...snipers have tracers...bad for your health if you are a sniper whistle.gif I would say remove them from all infantry weapons unless really used.

Power of the guns is usually too big imho. I think it is bit too much if 1-2 shots bring down a medium size house. Because it is too much work and hassle to upgrade the building hitpoints I would downgrade the shell power. I would also vote for at least 2 types of shells: high explosive (HE) and a general type of Anti-tank/armour piercing (AT/AP) shell. Then setting the HE hitpoints relative to the BIS default values matching the caliber. (e.g 105mm howitzer getting the same hitpoints as the BIS 105mm M119 -> 210). The AP hitpoints could be c. 5-6 times the penetration value at 100m (for example) and only 0.0-0.05% explosive in nature so that they are effective only as anti-tank rounds. This would give AP rounds much higher hit value than HE, but because of their different natures they could not be used in swapped roles so much.

Agree completely... and well phrased. smile_o.gif

Good stuff M8s!! Keep up the good work.

btw are you guys the 31st from wwiiol?

I was a part of that group in the initial buggy-as-hell blitz way back when. Good memories. Name was 'Jager' back then.