Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

FederalToopers

did you try or obtain permission for porting the moritas or warrior bugs? , they look like the old ofp ones made by the SST mod back in the day. i tested and still have the the late internal beta , sadly it died due to the bugs not working properly .im sure hornet 85 was the late mod leader , dont know if he is still around.

did you try or obtain permission for porting the moritas or warrior bugs? , they look like the old ofp ones made by the SST mod back in the day.  i tested and still have the the late internal beta , sadly it died due to the bugs not working properly .im sure hornet 85 was the late mod leader , dont know if he is still around.

my troopersbugs work good tounge2.gifwink_o.gif and now my federaltroopers too smile_o.gif

your missing the point.

the moritas are the ofp ports retextured and so are the bugs, these are ports from the good ol' flashpoint days!

you did not scratch build these like you did your "federal troopers".

i suggest you give credit where credit is due they belong to the the old SST ofp mod which is long but dead

Its not an issue of them being used its the fact your claiming you made everything when you didn't.

this is really getting interesting.....

can someone post up some wireframes of the bugs, moritas, and the scripts of the bugs?

maybe i can remember some bits of pieces ...

i dont want to throw around with accusations right now but... he did similar in the past...

can someone post up some wireframes of the bugs, moritas, and the scripts of the bugs?

i dont want to throw around with accusations right now but... he did similar in the past...

i would be happy to post website links , hell ill even install ofp and oxygen again , to show you that the moritas and the bugs are the from old starship troopers mod which dates back to 2004.

i'm not trying to ruin somebodys thread im just trying to get credit where credits due

all i'm asking for is the credit to be given to the old starshiptroopers mod team , nothing else.

in the mean time ,

check ofp info link below for news on the starshiptroopers mod the simliarity of the morita is uncanny

ofp info link 1

Ofp Info Link 2

i would be happy to post website links , hell ill even install ofp and oxygen again , to show you that the moritas and the bugs are the from old starship troopers mod which dates back to 2004.

i'm not trying to ruin somebodys thread im just trying to get credit where credits due

all i'm asking for is the credit to be given to the old starshiptroopers mod team , nothing else.

in the mean time ,

check ofp info link below for news on the starshiptroopers mod the simliarity of the morita is uncanny

ofp info  link 1

Ofp Info Link 2

ok for you : I keep MY WORK ON FEDERALTROOPERS FOR ARMA FOR ME ! banghead.gif

WHO had build for arma ? take one old ofp addon and put it in arma it not work because must to big work on it ! somethink and you what addons have you create ?

please close this topic notworthy.gif

Can you guys just not give Colonel well a break!? constatnly the same stuff tiem and time again. If you dont like it then forget it. theres no need to make the same points over and over again with only screenshots as evidence. This is a W.I.P. he could be using these as a base modle... he hasnt released them... so even if they are another persons models he can credit them on release. So guys... just give it a break.

Can you guys just not give Colonel well a break!? constatnly the same stuff tiem and time again.  If you dont like it then forget it. theres no need to make the same points over and over again with only screenshots as evidence.  This is a W.I.P. he could be using these as a base modle... he hasnt released them... so even if they are another persons models he can credit them on release.  So guys... just give it a break.

oh yes! good man casimir notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

I don't know why they speak about permision or credit first because it's not release crazy_o.gif

jealous ? icon_rolleyes.gif they are like as troopersbugs attacking a poor federaltrooper rofl.giftounge2.gifwink_o.gif

i dont think i (and others) need to be jelous about your bugs...

ive made some myself in the past so...

Quote[/b] ]Can you guys just not give Colonel well a break!? constatnly the same stuff tiem and time again. If you dont like it then forget it. theres no need to make the same points over and over again with only screenshots as evidence. This is a W.I.P. he could be using these as a base modle... he hasnt released them... so even if they are another persons models he can credit them on release. So guys... just give it a break.

if youd care to do a little searching, youd find out that several of his threads have been closed as he imported ofp models without permission and without credits to the author, basically trying to pass this as their own, so no, i wont give him a break until he can proove he made that stuff himself.

theft isnt tolerated on these forums, nor is it anywhere else..

he just has to proove it, thats all...

Can you guys just not give Colonel well a break!? constatnly the same stuff tiem and time again.  If you dont like it then forget it. theres no need to make the same points over and over again with only screenshots as evidence.  This is a W.I.P. he could be using these as a base modle... he hasnt released them... so even if they are another persons models he can credit them on release.  So guys... just give it a break.

oh yes! good man casimir  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

I don't know why they  speak about permision or credit  first because it's  not release  crazy_o.gif

jealous ?  icon_rolleyes.gif   they are like as troopersbugs attacking a poor federaltrooper  rofl.gif  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

i would imagine it's due to you not stating that it was a OFP conversion at the start and simply "My addon"

if you stated "this is from Starship troopers mod and i'll be using it as a base model" in the first place i'm sure it would have saved all this arguing and confusion.

if it didn't come up now and was questioned closer to release when there shaping up nicely everyone would be pretty disappointment if it was pulled from production.

in the future it would be best to get permission and give credit to the original authors.

even if it's just based on the model.

will save a lot of trouble a messing around.

anyways I'm looking forward to this starship troopers was one of my favorite films (though the 2nd was lacking,haven't seen the 3rd)

WHO had build for arma ? take  one old ofp addon and put it in arma it not work because must to big work on it !  somethink  and you what addons have you create ?

*sigh* Mate, you're totally missing the point yet again.  The issue is not that nobody is saying its not hard work to port something from OFP to ArmA, its that you need permission and to properly credit where credit is due.

For goodness sake, Placebo even offers to help addon makers get in contact with those who make the mod to gain permission - and if you do get permission (and particularly if you aren't able to contact them), you should state where you sourced them from.

The problem here is that he did say that he will never release this and this is for himself only... and he sees that as justification to not disclose any of that information.  

It's true, whatever you do behind closed doors is your business, but the fact he's displaying it makes the issue murky.  For instance, there has been quite a few pics in the combat photography thread where the author has stated that the picture includes some modified Addon that will not be for release.  Moreover, not everyone in the photography thread lists all of the addons that they use in their photos, nor do they always give proper credit.  I think that they should, but the precedent in this forum is not to fly into a rage about combat photography. Since he's only making pictures to show off (just like everyone in the photos thread), I think this issue should be viewed as more of a combat photography issue rather than an addon release issue- notwithstanding of his previous activities.

Of course that only applies to the addons he said he will not release, not the addons he has already released, such as the bug.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=e23cf7ac8d5c76378303fdddec7b6e98&ct=mdrm

in most civilised countries the burden of proof lies with the prosecution....get off your arse, do the research and make your case....otherwise it is just badmouthing and that is a little pointless....

yes i do get freedom of speach but the individual must have some rights......

could we put an end to witch hunts and formalise a system for complaints of this nature...moderator please... sad_o.gif

I'm not quite sure what the link to google sketchup is supposed to represent.  And I think the issue here is now largely a moot point mate. Colonel Well was describing above the difficulty lies in transferring the materials from OFP to ArmA, suggesting that there was alot of work involved :

Quote[/b] ]take  one old ofp addon and put it in arma it not work because must to big work on it !

Also, two links were posted above to the OFP addon in progress.

I don't know, seems fairly conclusive to me, considering Colonel Well admitted as such and then stated he would be keeping his work private.

These "witch hunts" might not be important to you, but ownership of an addon makers work, regardless of how old it is, is kind of important.  Addon makers don't get paid in money, they get paid in recognition through credit where credit is due. There are those folks who do not care of the origins of an addon, or the ownership. But there are others that appreciate the importance of credit to an addon maker.

in most civilised countries the burden of proof lies with the prosecution....get off your arse, do the research and make your case....otherwise it is just badmouthing and that is a little pointless....

Ummm in most western countries copywrite infringment is covered also by civil law, meaning that if a complaint is made the burden of proof lies with the defendant. What your refering to is only relevant when criminal law is in play.

Anyway I think the point has been made and we can now leave the rest of the thread to Col' Wells flacid gloating.

@Pathetic_Berserker

what i mean is that we should only make a complaint if we have evidence than supports it....

i do not support plagarism in any form

also if two people make the same weapon/plane etc there will inevitably be similarities.....

do we actually know if sst mod made the bugs from scratch themselves back in the day?

i think we should set a precident and have a clearly defined procedure when this happens and not just to beat each other with opinions...

are any sst mod still active on the forums?

Quote[/b] ]do we actually know if sst mod made the bugs from scratch themselves back in the day?

you can bet your left nut on that.

i´ve made the second version of the bugs.

various team members can approve this, since ive keept them updated with WIP pics...

all of the other stuff has been scratchmade aswell.

Ummm in most western countries copywrite infringment is covered also by civil law, meaning that if a complaint is made the burden of proof lies with the defendant. What your refering to is only relevant when criminal law is in play.

Hahaha! Awesome!

Here i was, thinking to good a starship troopers "mod"

confused_o.gif

all fuss for nothin...

Will this be released YES or NO?

To end all confusion and accusation.

Good night goodnight.gif

Here i was, thinking to good a starship troopers "mod"

confused_o.gif

all fuss for nothin...

Will this be released YES or NO?

To end all confusion and accusation.

Good night  goodnight.gif

It was never ambiguous whether or not he was going to release it. All you need to do to solve this exciting mystery is to READ.

AAAAARRRGH! stop it!

what the hell happened while i was sick? - did the world went mad in just a few weeks?

... im speechlesss....

! make love not war ! huh.gif

That hast two problems, we are not hippies, and ArmA is not a sex simulator, but you can download 3D SexVille if you want.

no release  ... confused_o.gif

make your addons yourself  icon_rolleyes.gif

pistols.gif   goodnight.gif

but I continued to work on addons and 3D models tounge2.gifnener.gif

have a nice day wink_o.gif