Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

FederalToopers

not a bad start,

i would say that your helmet looks a bit wrong.

to wide and high i think.

here's a good reference pic if it helps you.

norm-44d175107565a-Starship+Troopers+(1997).jpeg

Quote[/b] ]cool , no ? they have no weapon for the moment but I build morita now

before starting wit the morita.. id suggest you sitting on your bossom and spending more time on THAT model and its textures..

I would love to see the armored suits worn by the characters in the novel. The movie was ... well... it was Hollywood.

It's very hard to figure out what a Marauder suit would look like.  The book says they are like black space suits or like steel gorillas, and it gives other hints as to their capabilities and limitations.. (IIRC) they can bound around with rockets, they have flame throwers and other weapons attached to their arms and a nuclear rocket launcher over the shoulder.  They are apparently dexterous enough to pick up an egg without breaking it, but so bulky that stooping or crawling is impossible- the user having to move around with a tiring 'skating like motion' if the roof is not as tall as the suit.

Creating a mobile infantry suit would be a tall order in terms of concept.  There have been a few powered armour concept for various different media and they all sucked... and their capabilities in the arma game would be so limited as to render them as the often referenced 'tits on a bull'.  However far Verhoven missed the mark with the weapons and technology side of starship troopers (the bugs had beam weapons and interstellar spacecraft too! ), his vision suits ArmA much better.

federaltroopers have now weapon tounge2.gifsmile_o.gif

femomz7.jpg

yes yes, more better addons , but take more time and I'm not a professional modder nener.giftounge2.gifwink_o.gif

not a bad start,

i would say that your helmet looks a bit wrong.

to wide and high i think.

here's a good reference pic if it helps you.

norm-44d175107565a-Starship+Troopers+(1997).jpeg

cool smile_o.gif

All of those designs are shit in my opinion.  The first design is the best but then you see it modelled and it looks like a walking toilet.  Moreover, it's anatomically incorrect. It looks like the arms and legs aren't in the arms and legs of the robot, but in the shell... now, why would the act of 'skating' be tiring to a soldier who is sitting in a toilet bowl? Also, I like how in the second design, the artist feels it necessary to point out the kneepads. That design looks like it's made out of cardboard boxes.

The last one is from BF2142.

All of those designs are shit in my opinion.  The first design is the best but then you see it modelled and it looks like a walking toilet.  Moreover, it's anatomically incorrect.  It looks like the arms and legs aren't in the arms and legs of the robot, but in the shell... now, why would the act of 'skating' be tiring to a soldier who is sitting in a toilet bowl?  Also, I like how in the second design, the artist feels it necessary to point out the kneepads.  That design looks like it's made out of cardboard boxes.

The last one is from BF2142.

rofl.giftoilettes-rouge-115.gif

yay.gifgoodnight.gif

Are you going to alter the helmet as earlier suggested?

I would recommend making the helmet smaller and a bit compact. I think it really has potential.

Don't pay too much attention to all the criticism, people will always be perfectionist wink_o.gif

Looks great so far! The bug walking is still a little wonky, but thanks for making this, going to try and hammer out a mission with this stuff soon.

MeltedAd, please read the whole topic (its only 2 pages) you'll find that making a Suit from the book is very hard wink_o.gif

I think that he was suggesting that Colonel Well should try to make some unit from the animated tv show, rather than from the book.

MeltedAd, please read the whole topic (its only 2 pages) you'll find that making a Suit from the book is very hard  wink_o.gif

I did read the whole tread. Roughnecks is based from both the book and the film  wink_o.gif

How about the suits from Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles?

Man, that CG series was good, with the finale in San Francisco bay smile_o.gif