Sign in to follow this  
ncl1994

Hands up!

I was wondering how to get AI to put their hands up / on their heads like they do in many campaign mission?

Because the only little thing which makes Flashpoint differ from real war is the merciful taking of prisoners instead of killing every last troops and I was looking for the action to go with my troops surrendering.

So peeps what's the trick?

Ah sadly the download zip file which the script is supposed to be in is empty sad_o.gif. Don't happen to have a copy do you?

Quote[/b] ]Ah sadly the download zip file which the script is supposed to be in is empty . Don't happen to have a copy do you?

I recently went through some scripts I got from OFPEC and I found GB's AI Surrender script file, but it was zero bytes. I went back to d/l it again and I got the same thing. It must be a bad link or something. I would also like to see if someone could post this for d/l.

TIA.

Aditionnally there is a surrender script built in the ECP mod (maybe it is the same script actually as General Barron did some work on ECP), so if you want soldiers to be able to surrender in missions that are not your own, you could give this mod a try.

Great, just what I needed, and more biggrin_o.gif

Thanks everyone

In fact, GenB script is nice but it is limited to the enemy side and units surrender when out of ammo or when fleeing with a "chance" of surrendering.

I think it would be more realistic that the script concern each sides and that units surrender when fleing AND having suffered heavy losses AND overwhelmed by the enemy.

I'm currently working on such kind of script for some missions i'll release with my mod expansion, and that works that way (for each sides) :

(1) The group is fleeing : test if it has suffered heavy losses (50% of its effective) ; if not, exit.

(2) Check if the group is overwhelmed (enemy is twice as numerous as friendly in an area of 100 meters around the group)

(3) If overwhelmed, the group surrenders (ie drop weapons, move to the nearest enemy and put its hands up).

(4) If not everwhelmed, check if it's possible to regroup with another friendly group (so that only big groups do fight, small groups progressively disappearing into bigger groups).

(5) If regrouping isn't possible, and if there are still some enemy around, the group surrenders.

It gives a nice atmosphere and is, i think, quite realistic.

Ah groovy.

Yeah I was gonna lift the bits of script I needed anyway so that there a large chance of several remaining enemies give themselves up. I'll look out for your fininshed script. Good going because the current script could certainly be made even more realistic smile_o.gif

Actually I was wondering which part of the script actually mam makes them stick their hands up. Because in my mission I'd done all my surrendering triggers with everything I wanted expcept them putting their hands up.

P.S. your WWI mod looks emmense!