Sign in to follow this  
Vultar

Ragdoll, should Arma2 have it?

This poll was created to solve one important problem.

The question is:

Should Arma2 have Ragdoll?

Vote and post your comments.

Yes, as I play many fps/warfare games I can see that almost every one of them have Ragdoll, it adds lots of atmosphere to the game because every dead body lies different. What's more ragdoll with good game physics can give tons of fun.

My example: Oblivion. Imo this game has the best ragdoll ever and I'd love to see same in Arma2.

Fundamentally a game should always have the best stuff in it. Everything else is just a compromise for less work, bad design or insufficient hardware.

I voted no, i think the getting shot animations are allright. Would like some blood and gibs with explosions though, on second thought maybe a ragdoll, blood and gibs combination would be allright biggrin_o.gif

Fundamentally a game should always have the best stuff in it. Everything else is just a compromise for less work, bad design or insufficient hardware.

True.

it is getting boring band.gif

bah another ridiculous poll!!

Its not an important problem of using ragdoll or not. Its more about how can BIS implement smooth real & nice looking animations with their MoCap Studio.

Hi.. crazy_o.gif

Real life looking animations are better than ragdoll.. notworthy.gif

Even hollywood uses bogus deadscenes at movies.. rofl.gif

NO.. Go for RL.. pistols.gif

No, unless they can make it realistic and synced between players (you can cover behind bodies)

In daily times shooter without physic engine is like suicide. Definately Yes for Ragdoll. Death animations are already history.

no, because i want to be able to use dead body as covers(of sort) tounge2.gif

A physics engine is not only limited to dead bodies, IMHO there are other things that are way more important. I'm not too interested in dead bodies. Ingame, as soon as a target is neutralised, I don't care for it anymore -- beside it had a better weapon than I do. tounge2.gif

In daily times shooter without physic engine is like suicide. Definately Yes for Ragdoll. Death animations are already history.

I agree with you in 100%. This is what I think about death animations.

@NoRailgunner

Nobody tells you to write anything. If you don't like it, don't write.

@Opteryx

Maybe there were many ragdoll topics but there was no poll. At least I've not found any.

@4 in 1

You think that it's impossible to hide behind ragdoll? Then you're wrong.

Many people say No to ragdoll because it's 'Laggy'. Hmmm... in oblivion after nice fun I had more than 30 dead bodies. FPS weren't dropped down even by 1.

But yeah sure, it is laggy as hell!  rofl.gif

What's more, I just love to see a dead body half in building.

And I am so amazed when I see that Animation ended in air and character falls like a wooden.

I think that some of the animations should be much improved, for example death animations. I do not find most of bodies lying the same way exciting.

If you think that animations aren't important then go play Tibia.

No offense  tounge2.gif

I hope for more comments to discuss it better.

I think what is already discussed to death don`t need an poll.

It has all been said, multiple times.

Lag=internet lag. We're talking about a battlefield of lets say, 60 soldiers, all have to be insync over an already strained internet connection. Clientside, it's okay, but seeing how you can use bodies as cover, it has to be server side too, more bandwidth...

Why is it suicide?

Why only shooters?

I think a Blizzard dev said it best: "we prefer hand animated animation (to motion capture and ragdoll physics)"

And so do I.

Cant bi just add , say 20 different positions for a dead body. then every1 is happy.

I think BIS should just do a decent variety of animations.

While I would love to see realistic physics for downed soldiers, I think it's unreasonable to expect a large game like ArmA to handle that on current hardware.

But better physics for objects and vehicles should be possible, there are more worthwhile things to have physics than corpses smile_o.gif

Either ragdoll (at least for Sp) or enhanced animations would be welcome indeed. My other favorite game, Mount and Blade added ragdoll in one of it's patches and it does make combat both more dynamic and satisfying. It also has a stagger when hit animation, and reacts to the exact location of hit. As far as ragdoll, it has an adjustable slider in options to best suit your system to the amount of ragdolls allowed at once. All of these would help spice up the combat of ARMA2 imho.

I don't really know if we should have it or not, it all depends on performance. I believe ofp2 is going to use a very stuffed physics engine, probably with ragdolls, and they are setting the multiplayer unit limit at 32. That is unacceptable for tournaments and and big battles. Everything war IS!

Ok, all that comes a bit fantastic in ArmA^^, but I think you forgot an alternative.

My favorite would be the EuphoriaSystem.

But, I guess the effort for hardware would increase even more.

So perhaps you add this to your poll?

Arrrgh! Still one month till I get GTA4 for PC.

Rockstar are using Euphoria in it.

Look on youtube for some nice vids... - Euphoria -

At least I would prefer more physics generally than by dying.