Sign in to follow this  
Call911-AGE-

Delta Force "Angel Falls"

Yea, JO was the greatest game, unfortunately it is a slowly dieing one also. Hopefully thie will bring back the Novaworld spirit, or it could be just a dissapointment.

The screenshots look way over saturated and over contrasted... it makes it look everything in the game is made of clay or something.

Looks like Blackhawk Down is going to be the last Novalogic game I ever played.

Anyone notice on the screenshot with the light on the house, the light is coming from no where?

I agree with Plaintiff.

Anyone notice on the screenshot with the light on the house, the light is coming from no where?

Invisible spotlight on the chopper? huh.gif

Screenshots looked good... then I clicked on them to make them bigger crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif

Looks ugly.

I remember the Black Hawk Down game, was ok. Don't have much faith in this game though.

Haha those screenshots bring back memories. They're almost Voxel-y crazy_o.gif

Then again we all know how much Novalogic love their Voxels

Ah, the Delta Force series. May favourite thing about the original was the fact that you could knife people (and shoot your weapons) underwater, although in 3rd person you'd still be swimming. tounge2.gif

Oh, and the creeping up behind AI and knifing one of them, while the other one just keeps running. Pure gold. biggrin_o.gif

Started out for me with Delta Force Land Warrior, DF1-2, BHD+Exp, then JO lets hope these early screen shots don't display final product or another DFX. Unsure about coop but the JO guys did some pretty amazing stuff with coop user made maps, an seein the IC(International Conflict) guys runnin 200 man servers for there tourney in JO plus all the BHD maps remade for JO leaves alot too look for in this next installment.

I do remember DF 1 and 2, really revolutionary games with their freedom back then. Or at least I think they were.

Df2_terrain.jpg

Then after that came operation flashpoint, where you could even drive vehicles.

in the past is was very good, 1&2 is a great game at their time, but then it starts to get a little boring

I will always remember fondly Delta Force 1, probably the game i played the most online, nearly every nights i was stuck in a session on some non-novalogic servers (as novalogic servers cheating got out of hands after the 1st year) with friends.

The game was just completely awesome.

Delta Force 2 got me hooked nearly the same with all the new features (good memories of sniper-only servers with that impressive grass) and the good diversity of the maps.

Delta Force 3 killed my interest in the serie for me :

-no more grass for sniper wars

-worse of all soldiers were now very easy to spot at long distance because they were black dots

-novalogic was going even more arcade than previous games (bunny jumping with a machinegun sniping people at kilometers because the damn weapon had no recoil).

But fortunately it was the time Operation Flashpoint demo appeared and definitively won my heart biggrin_o.gif

Ah I remember Delta Force 2, it was the only one I really got hooked on. Blackhawk down was ok.

Angel Falls looks a bit Arcade like and that picture with the guy riding a bike on a 50 degree slope really put me off it.

Ah I remember Delta Force 2, it was the only one I really got hooked on. Blackhawk down was ok.

Angel Falls looks a bit Arcade like and that picture with the guy riding a bike on a 50 degree slope really put me off it.

The same goes for the Ai not seeking cover, but rather just standing in plain sight, just like all of the installments before it.

Since Delta Force 2, the development has been almost purely graphical. The core gameplay is still basically the same limited experience as it was in 2000, which was fine then due to the technical limitations, but that excuse is no longer valid.

Well like I said this was where it all started for me, b4 that i had no idea about online gamining was an was completly (aw-inspired) about 25-30 runnin around in a game shooting each. All on AOL too  rofl.gif . For me i was all about SP an was how I missed out on OFP online too cuz i was so new to gaming. So for me theres a lil nastalgic fondness I guess going back to my gaming roots so da speak. But as I stated to many many many other gamers that even though these were/are great games they can't see the or appreciate what BIS has done to revolutionise gaming with OFP/ArmA/ArmA2

I do remember DF 1 and 2, really revolutionary games with their freedom back then. Or at least I think they were.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/sparks50banan/Df2_terrain.jpg

Then after that came operation flashpoint, where you could even drive vehicles.

If I recall correctly that is from the second mission of the second campaign from DF2. The one where you have to sneak into the uranium refinery place.

Delta Force 2 was the first game that I ever played online not against friends but against just random people. I remember the first time I joined one of the servers.

It was that desert Search and Destroy map with the bases (Armory and Tower) on each hill. Then in the middle there was a line of bunkers, barbed wire, tanks. The first thing I saw when I got in was all these rockets and tracers just flying back and forth in the valley and that got me hooked.

Black Hawk Down was good too but only in Urban enviornments because they took away the grass a few games before and the Single Player pretty much sucked. It always forced you down a corridor or made you ride in vehicles which was kind of against the tactical open world of DF2.

I learned about OFP from a guy that I used to play DF2 with so im really glad that I had bought the game. It was also the first FPS map editor I had ever used as well.

Before OPF i used to play DF2 alot, i always had hope that NL would make a game better than the first 2 DF games were back then.

Unfortunetly they never did and this one looks just as arcadish as JO sad_o.gif .

Good topic. Yes, DF 1 and 2 got me into shooters. They were amazing.

Blackhawk down and JO were interesting, but I feel like it lost the effect of DF 1 and 2. Its hard to describe why I didn't like them as much. Maybe the graphical changes to the game engine?

I think one thing I liked with DF1 and 2 is that the story, missions, and objectives felt "real" to me. It was very objective focused, and not "hollywood style story" focused. If that makes any sense. I felt more like I was a professional soldier. Here was the brefing, the objectives and lets get to it. No character development, or any of that stroy crap. Like,

I think the Rainbow Six series has been ruined with that. I miss the impersonal days of the orgional RB6, and Ravenshield. Ghost recon is the same way. The first Ghost Recon was awsome. I don't like the format of the new one so much. (again focusing on the story side with character development etc)

Also, DF 1 and 2 really had a big scale in missions. The action was spread out pretty well. It seemed like BHD and JO didn't have this as much.

Or mabye its just the DF1 and 2 were the first big open outdoor environment games. Maybe when we got to BHD, and JO we were jaded.

I felt that the graphics and sense of realism in BHD was lacking but mostly only in the open levels. I think it was because of a lack of grass and the colors were weird. The urban maps were amazing and I think were the only improvement over DF2. I loved the terrain in DF2 to the point where I can still visualize the flat sections of map in my mind from the map editor.

Blackhawk down and JO were interesting, but I feel like it lost the effect of DF 1 and 2. Its hard to describe why I didn't like them as much. Maybe the graphical changes to the game engine?

Yep, because their new/better graphics look more "toyish" than the bad, dirty, voxel graphics.

I think DF2 felt more real than all their later games, and the sounds were better too, i remember most of DF2's environmental sounds and the AK47.

No wonder those horses got out! Whoever was keeping them doesn't even know how to put a saddle on properly!

Yeah makes ya kinda wander what they been doin 4 last 4 years. Just does'nt interest me like I'd thought, kinda feels like there moving backwords or hav'nt really done much to improve or take gaming to the next level like the did with JO. Still to early though maybe BIS has spoiled me to much tounge2.gif