Sign in to follow this  
nuggetz

Best Warfare for Single Player

I just recently discovered that warfare was part of the arma game and have been having good times with it. I would like to know if there's a version of warfare that caters to the single player type of gamer like me? I tried a different warfare version which I really liked by the AI didn't do a whole lot. I think they didn't drive supply trucks back and forth anymore. Anyway, please let me know which one is best. I kind like the Warfare Advanced version but I forget what it was missing at the moment.

Cool, that's the one I'm playing now but I'm using the standalone version. I'm not sure I'm up to adding all those addons. I use a mod launcher but still it seems that I would have to remember which ones to check when starting WACO. Why doesn't someone release all the mods needed for WACO in one zip file with all the folder structures in place?

its not hard work , he has posted nice links just 2 clicks and its just 13 of them , unfortunately I get errors with the add-on version confused_o.gif

But i play the version without the addons and that is also verry nice , just all credits to Doomguy notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

for a fun single player experience you might consider adding in Mandoble's Air Support Console to your Warfare mission...or if you're not into modding maybe you can find a version already available like this...i know a couple of people have done this already but im not sure if any of them actually released such a version.

I modded my own version of Warfare using the air support console and its a real blast, highly recommended...especially if you dont always have the time to play through to the end by yourself, it contains enough powerful tools so that, if you choose to utilize them all, you can finish the game by yourself in much less time than it would normally take.

If you arent already familiar with his air support console just do a search in the addons forum for "Mandoble" and read about it there.

I havent bothered releasing MY version of Warfare mostly due to the fact that i dont have the time to support it, and also the fact that theres nothing inculded thats really mine...i didnt create anything of my own for it, i just edited the mission and tied others peoples mods into it so it all works together.

It's not terribly difficult to do, although it was time consuming...but it has become my favorite way to play Warfare either alone or with a friend or 2...you might wanna check into it.

well...I allow access to the air support console by purchasing a laser designator (at a cost of $3,500.00). I also made the laser designator register as a sidearm weapon when purchased so you can still carry a secondary weapon along with it (such as an M136). I changed my starting funds to 4,000 so if i wish i can actually purchase the LD at mission start (for when im short on time).

As far as other console options...I added some options for the vehicle drops such as being able to request either an m113ambulance, repair truck, refuel truck or jeep....added some WIP weapons and AIMPOINT desert weapons as well as SIX's .45 cal pistol to the mix...also made it possible to purchase AT soliders and medic soliders from captured depot's.

...also shortend the time it takes to fast travel, decreased time it takes to build all the factories at mission start and added more spawn points for bases...and a bunch of other adjustments which i felt were more suited toward a single player experience...it plays on LAN and/or Dedicated server...and only has 4 playable slots now...and is meant for coop only because only the BLUE side has access to the support console (enemy AI wouldnt use it anyway even if i gave it to them).

i would that also in waco (mando console) and the whay you did i like that , can you send me the files ,or the code so that i can change that thumbs-up.gif

I feel like I'm missing out on some good mods. I was going to take a crack at installing all the addons but reading the install guides for each mod makes it a little intimidating especially when you read the bugs that each mod has. Can someone recommend any other single player mod like warfare or maybe a variant of warfare that has artillery support, AI controlled supply trucks, and other cool bells and whistles?

With regard to addons, does it matter what I name the folder or the pbo files? Reason I ask is that I dont know what the arma mod launcher is looking for. If I wanted to identify all the mods needed for WACO for example, could I name each folder like this @WACO_modname?

from my experience MOST addons will work in a folder named anything you like...for example...i have seperate addon folders that I use for certain larger missions which may require many addons. I locate the seperate addon folders under an umbrella addon folder...something like this:

Arma\@Addons

\Warefare\addons

\CTI\addons

\Another missions addons here\addons

\Arma Effects\addons

\Durgs vegetation Fix\addons

you get the idea...

so for instance, for warfare id place whatever addons i want to use with that mission into its addon sub-folder and then id point the arma launcher to @Addons\Warfare (you shouldnt have to point it the root arma folder as it should already be pointing there by default i think)

Hope that helped a little

PS - there ARE some mods or addons that will not function properly if placed in a folder with a different name than what it was packed in, so youll just have to experiment to see which ones work and which ones wont. As for actually renaming the pbo itself, ive never tried it as its really not necessary since i tend to prefer renaming folders to help keep track, instead of renaming pbo's.

Better read this - Modfolders (OFP+ArmA)

or in short: make @Effects/Addons or @HiFi/Addons or @Weapons/Addons etc. then you can use Yomas ArmA launcher and simply click those addons which are required.

You can also make @Waco/Addons with all required addons in. wink_o.gif

from my experience MOST addons will work in a folder named anything you like...for example...i have seperate addon folders that I use for certain larger missions which may require many addons. I locate the seperate addon folders under an umbrella addon folder...something like this:

Arma\@Addons

\Warefare\addons

\CTI\addons

\Another missions addons here\addons

\Arma Effects\addons

\Durgs vegetation Fix\addons

you get the idea...

so for instance, for warfare id place whatever addons i want to use with that mission into its addon sub-folder and then id point the arma launcher to @Addons\Warfare (you shouldnt have to point it the root arma folder as it should already be pointing there by default i think)

Hope that helped a little

PS - there ARE some mods or addons that will not function properly if placed in a folder with a different name than what it was packed in, so youll just have to experiment to see which ones work and which ones wont. As for actually renaming the pbo itself, ive never tried it as its really not necessary since i tend to prefer renaming folders to help keep track, instead of renaming pbo's.

Kinda helped but I didn't quite get it. Say I had two mods that I needed to run with WACO just as an example. Would I create a folder called @waco\addons1 and @waco\addon2, or just @waco\addons with all the files for both mods in the addons subfolder? In this case, when you say point arma launcher to this folder, do you mean as a mod? What I need to feed arma launcher is the name of the mod in the drop down (this can be anything right?), the mod name and the mod folder. If I point to @waco, will it read and load all the addons in that subfolder?

yes, you should be able to put all the desired waco addons into a folder called @waco\addons (make the "addons" folder a subdirectory of the @waco folder), then place all of the pbo's into that "addons" folder.

and yes, you only have to point the launcher to the @waco folder...the game will automatically use all the pbo's from the addons folder in @waco.

...yes you can name it in the launcher anyway you like...BUT be careful when typing in the directory structure it asks for...it must be spelled the same exact way as you named the folders and its also case sensitive...so if you have an @Waco\addons folder under your root arma directory then you must type in @Waco when setting up the launcher, click save and then "x" out of the mod setup screen and you should now see the new mod in the selection area on right side of launcher.

Play with it...youll figure it out...the worst that can happen is that the mod wont load when game starts and youll know that you did something wrong, and youll try again :-)...its very simple after youve done it a couple times, so once you figure it out youll always remember it.

Thanks for all the help. I got it figured out now.

Back to my original post... so does everyone agree that WACO is the best single player version of warfare? I wish I could find a version that supports AI supply trucks, artillery, paratrooping, and some sort of satellite view like in Sahrani Life and maybe airstrike support. I've played so many varieties of warfare this week that I'm starting to forget which ones support what. I think WACO supports AI actually loading up into the trucks and moving to the next city. I hate when they walk all the way there. They screw up the supply trucks and other vehicles. Is there a mod that allows you to beep the horn and have the AI move out the way?

Thanks for all the help. I got it figured out now.

Back to my original post... so does everyone agree that WACO is the best single player version of warfare? I wish I could find a version that supports AI supply trucks, artillery, paratrooping, and some sort of satellite view like in Sahrani Life and maybe airstrike support.  I've played so many varieties of warfare this week that I'm starting to forget which ones support what. I think WACO supports AI actually loading up into the trucks and moving to the next city. I hate when they walk all the way there. They screw up the supply trucks and other vehicles. Is there a mod that allows you to beep the horn and have the AI move out the way?

WACO has the troops load up in their team vehicles if their destination is more than 500 meters away.

Doomguy

Oh my fault you have to put the .pbo Files in your MPMissions Folder where You Installed Armed Assault, (For Instance Me it would be:"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\MPMissions")

Then Do a LAN Game with the appropiate mission or map...

A lot of People like the Sakka Al Jawf Map so the .pbo file with the SAJ Initials needs the Sakka Al Jawf Map that can be downloaded here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2191

I'm gonna do some more maps soon too!

EDIT:

I just Repacked The Missions into ZIP & RAR Formats with the correct names for anyone who is having any trouble using them...

Remember I made these as Single Player only (Even Though It works well on LAN) Have Fun! pistols.gif