Sign in to follow this  
grendel [aps]

Requirements for script usage

I've just finished my first warfare map for Isla Barbuda and will be giving it a server test shortly.

Thing is though, I've used a few script alterations that I picked up in these forums and I don't know if it's poor manners to make a public release without permission of the people who posted them.

Oden has already given me permission to do a straight rip of his weather script.

I've also used doomguy's stuck supply truck and fuel fix.

And Mankyles ai purchase of aircraft.

If an admin could post a general guideline on this subject that'd be great. The last thing I want to do is tread on anyone's toes.

Grendel [APS], I posted the code so others could add that feature to their Warfare missions.

So you can use, modify, edit or whatever that code as you wish. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Keep the fun m8!!!!!!

Hey Grendel, feel free to use, edit, or release the freevehicle script.

Doomguy

Why would anybody post script details to the forums unless they intended other people to use them?

It's polite to give credit where it is due, but I don't see why you should have to seek explicit permission to use them yourself.

If you are talking about scripts you found by looking in the mods/missions themselves, that might be different matter.