Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

WW1 Mod Expansion Pack

Where can I download WWI Expansion Pack for ofp? I tried to find it on google, but I couldn't...

No expansion as of yet, notice this is in the Discussions forum.

I have zero modding abilities or understanding so forgive me if I make ludicrous statements... However, I do have vast miliatary knowledge...thats my focus

Japan: Japan did not take a military part in WW1, however it did hold some PoW's (mostly germans I do believe) So you don't need to add in Japanese units

Trenches: They were rather deep and had dug-outs / sleeping pits in the walls to provide the soldiers with places to sleep (Duh) Some trenches, in Gallipolli, were about 10ft High. How the men fired over, was just a series of steps. This would be a good system to employ (deep trenches) But I dont know how one would go about implementing it, as the AI could be a pain..... I myself would also add in some ladders to go "Over the top" to charge across no-mans land (cos that's how they did it), but in my experience, AI doesnt really climb ladders, or go up stairs all that much.

Also, most of the time, Australia troops did not wear helmets (cos we are so cool) though i do believe on the western front, they did on occasion. They didnt use those weird Pit, Pich, Pitch or whatever helmets that you see the units in Middle East wearing.

I was going to download the initial release, but I shal wait for the expansion.....Would LOVE to see some great missions (a campaign or several would give me an orgasm) Just please! Take your time to get it pristine!

Until then, best of luck

-Matvey :war: The Australian Partisan!

Japan: Japan did not take a military part in WW1, however it did hold some PoW's (mostly germans I do believe) So you don't need to add in Japanese units

That's not quite true, Japanese did fight against the Germans in far east. Not a big involvement though. But anyway i won't add any Japanese.

Trenches: They were rather deep and had dug-outs / sleeping pits in the walls to provide the soldiers with places to sleep (Duh) Some trenches, in Gallipolli, were about 10ft High. How the men fired over, was just a series of steps. This would be a good system to employ (deep trenches) But I dont know how one would go about implementing it, as the AI could be a pain..... I myself would also add in some ladders to go "Over the top" to charge across no-mans land (cos that's how they did it), but in my experience, AI doesnt really climb ladders, or go up stairs all that much.

Trench are almost impossible in OFP, i tried my best to make something playable, but it's very far from being satisfying.

Also, most of the time, Australia troops did not wear helmets (cos we are so cool) though i do believe on the western front, they did on occasion. They didnt use those weird Pit, Pich, Pitch or whatever helmets that you see the units in Middle East wearing.

I know, Aussies are already included, with helmet for the ones wearing it on the Western front, and traditional Aussie slouch hat for the others (including light horses with their feather on the hat).

I was going to download the initial release, but I shal wait for the expansion.....Would LOVE to see some great missions (a campaign or several would give me an orgasm) Just please! Take your time to get it pristine!

Their won't be any campaign done by me (no time sorry), a handfull of missions to show some feature, that's all.

Thankyou for your quick response.

I'm fine if you yourself dont get a mission or campaign done, but I'm praying that others will, as it will be just wonderful dont you think?

Like a Gallipolli, Balkans or Ypres or some such........

Just briefly, I can't remeber if ti was talked about, but when you have lets say a battle, have you scripted in that there would be TONNES of men there?? because WW1 OTTs had thousands of men charging...it would be good to see thsi reflected, instead of like 20 men.....

Caio

Just briefly, I can't remeber if ti was talked about, but when you have lets say a battle, have you scripted in that there would be TONNES of men there?? because WW1 OTTs had thousands of men charging...it would be good to see thsi reflected, instead of like 20 men.....

Caio

I'm always playing with at least 250 units each side, just using some reinforcement scripts to avoid everybody fighting against everybody at the same time.

I waited on it long but I have waited for :) Great mod ProfTournesol