Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

WW1 Mod Expansion Pack

Thanks my friends,

some Russians, upper left : Russian general, upper right : Russian cossack, and in the center : Red soldiers (NCO on the left, cavalryman in the center, with a Russian winchester on the right) to add some Russian civil war possibility to the mod :

ww1rusdivce5.jpg

Moreover, i've adapted the mustard gas script, to :

- rise the damage done by the gas (0.1 at each contact without mask)

- hurt vehicle crew too (and make them put their gas mask on, and kill horses).

Indeed! As you've mentioned the Russian Civil War, is there a chance you will expand further into that conflict by introducing two distinct 'White' and 'Red' armies into the mod?

It seems that the build-up of such revolutionary elements wasn't only on Russian soil either, and the end of World War I helped fuel such conflicts and deepen divisions.

This new stuff looks very good. I didnt expect you are about to include such a diversity of nations in this mod.

Are you planning to release a winter map ?

Nice stuff as ever, Prof. I really like those aristocratic officers doing nothing more then "chateau-ing" or sending young men into the hell with some pins on the overall map...Nice contrast to have fighters of proletarism after that! biggrin_o.gif

Russian Civil War is a nice ideas as a follow up mod. Street fighting in Berlin 1918-1919 could be another one...

I guess that some of things on my list is hard to do, but I offer my help with infos, pics and research.

Keep up the good work!

Ok ok, some news / questions :

- i've made a bolchevick general looking more or less like a mix of Trotsky / Lenin (plus a red field officer) ;

- i'm working on an Austrian generic general, and that'll be all for the general officers ;

- i'll add some fighting civilians but i'd like some ideas of "how to dress them" : headgears, suits etc.

- i'll add some British and French trench fighters, i've already added a generic shotgun => any ideas of "how they could be dressed and equiped" is welcome.

- i'll add a simple UserAction script to the static weapons (ie machineguns and field artillery) to move them forward, backward, left or right (1 meter each time).

- i'll make 3 trench mortars / minenwerfer : 1 British, 1 French and 1 German.

- About "rifle grenadiers", i've already thought of it but i don't like the way "OFP rifle mortars" are working : units use them only when out of ammos...but maybe WW1 kind of rifle mortars cannot fire bullets and grenades at the same time ? It'll solve the problem. If so, please provide me with some example pictures for the main countries.

Other things i'd like to add but that would be hard (or impossible) to do for me (some help / gift are welcome...as usual  icon_rolleyes.gif )

- observation balloons ;

- battle / transport ships.

I won't add more early soldiers (1914 style looking) cause it would be too much work for me.

I guess you don't know but Polish infantry were fighting at Russian side and Austrian, i don't think we can get any good photos of soldiers, but i guess we can find some less detailed.

You don't have to make Polish infantry which wouldn't be much for this mod it's just a little suggestion.

Hi Prof,

my pleasure to help out!

Here we go with some rifle grenades and launcher:

French Tromblon Vivien-Bessière

grenadevb_v.jpg

Vivien-Bessi%C3%A8re_WWI_grenade_used_with_grenade_sleeve.png

French page about Vivien-Bessière

German was much the same model, as it was copied and introduced in 1918. You didn´t need a blank cartridge as the grenade had a hole through which the bullet passed and also ignited the primer.

British Rifle Grenade

MED_1063.jpg

MED_1062.jpg

In both cases blank cartridges were needed to fire these, mills bomb types.

The rod type grenades were also used, but quickly discarded as they wore down the barrel of the rifle.

Page about french handgrenades

Another one

more to come.

Hi guys...long time but I`ve got some nice news I was a little bit playing with the wrptool and made a western front map with a lot of craters and huge trench system and a little fortress with some trenches (for a few weeks I was in Verdun and visited Fort Douaumont biggrin_o.gif ) I want to release it as an "open source map" beacause the map is really large and like I said a fortress with trenches and a big german trench system with a huge Nomansland between and a little village I think I will upload the map later that evening

all you need is:

Great Mapfact Bunker addons

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10603

Popkas great WWI Objects pack

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....8;st=45

and the Editor Update 102 for Ofp+ Res

P.S.

Everybody who wants can update/make the map better just give some credits

just DL the addons and when I am at home I will upload the map

Ok first of all here is the DL link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/169569376/Ofp-.Westernfront1916.7z.html

It is my first attempt in making an Island don't expect tooo much!

And please set your Daytime ingame to 4 or 5 am and turn on the fog on high it's better for the preformance and of course the atmosphere when you are passing the Nomansland smile_o.gif

Have fun!

Hi HxCxFxL, nice to see you around again.

I like the map, concrete and forts were missing in the NoMansLand map. Just two questions :

- why can't those mapfact bunkers' doors be opened ?

- will you make a little mission for us on that map   whistle.gif

Hi ProfTournesol

I don't know it with the bunkers I have the same problem and

YYYYEEEESSSSS, believe me  biggrin_o.gif , I am making a big mission at the moment WITH, yep I have learned it  tounge2.gif , an intro, ingame seqeunces and an outro but it will take a little time

I am also planed to update the Island with more cities and a "Voie Sacree" an airfield and some other things the update will come with the mission and  ProfTournesol really great pictures you have posted, can't wait  thumbs-up.gif

@cocretes and forts are missing----> do you have the updated editor 102 addon for OFP and the editor addon for RES, ProfTournesol?

HxCxFxL, upload on rapidshare ain't avaliable anymore sad_o.gif Reupload it on other server, please smile_o.gif I'm really looking foward to see it inlove.gif

Hey HxCxFxL could you post your new island addon in separate topic? It is always nice to see new ofp release smile_o.gif

Here you are my friends :

New download link

I guess HxCxFxL doesn't want to release it in a more official way because it's only a WIP work.

Quote[/b] ]@cocretes and forts are missing----> do you have the updated editor 102 addon for OFP and the editor addon for RES, ProfTournesol?

Nope, i meant that i should have added some of them in the island released with the WW1 mod.

Quote[/b] ]YYYYEEEESSSSS, believe me   , I am making a big mission at the moment WITH, yep I have learned it   , an intro, ingame seqeunces and an outro but it will take a little time

I am also planed to update the Island with more cities and a "Voie Sacree" an airfield and some other things the update will come with the mission

Very nice, can't wait !

nmlbbawh3.jpg

I'm very impressed with your work HxCxFxL.It's a bit laggy but applying proper view distance works well. You did a grat job on No Mans Land, what a dreary place. I'd like to recommend using the NIM weather addon for this map. When you add some burning tanks, lot of dead bodies scattered around craters and burning airplanes diving in the sky then dramatis reaches its top. Here's my pic.

Mapfact bunkers are locked. Is there a chance of replacing these with other ones?

How about adding some winter accents? I mean ground textures, snow spots areas with some grayish slush like textures. Man that would be awesome.

I won't add more early soldiers (1914 style looking) cause it would be too much work for me.

Completely understandable, Prof. Your work so far is looking nice!

Some WIP pictures on British trench raiders and rifle grenades / launcher (the island is HxCxFxL one). British, Anzac, US and French armies will have those kinds of grenadiers, but i won't add them to the German Army as it wasn't widespread. I'd prefer to add some "granatenwerfer" to them.

ww1trenchraiderza6.jpg

@bennie1983nl : i should have enough time to add some Belgian soldiers, but in the kaki uniform.

Considering my planning, it's going well :

Quote[/b] ]- i've made a bolchevick general looking more or less like a mix of Trotsky / Lenin (plus a red field officer) =>done

- i'm working on an Austrian generic general, and that'll be all for the general officers =>done

- i'll add some fighting civilians but i'd like some ideas of "how to dress them" : headgears, suits etc.=>still to do

- i'll add some British and French trench fighters, i've already added a generic shotgun => any ideas of "how they could be dressed and equiped" is welcome=>done, i won't make French TR cause i don't have enough info of how they looked

- i'll add a simple UserAction script to the static weapons (ie machineguns and field artillery) to move them forward, backward, left or right (1 meter each time)=>done

- i'll make 3 trench mortars / minenwerfer : 1 British, 1 French and 1 German.=>still to do, i'll add granatenwerfer too

- About "rifle grenadiers"=>done

Finally, i've reduced and normalized the amount of grenades available to infantry soldiers (only 1 each, apart from grenadiers). Early soldiers don't have grenades anymore.

belgww1xpk0.jpg

whistle.gif  I was already busy with something......

But what for rifle had the Belgium army in 1914....

Does someone have pictures of early Belguim troops?

First of all buddys thanks for your nice comments, I don't expected that.... ProfTournesol is absolutely right the island is a early wip island and believe me the island will be absolutly atmospheric

The Island is done in a few hours I think and for the mission I will need two or three days I think at the weekend I will upload it because of RL.

The map has now an airfield, a troop camp and another village

But I have made 2 pics for you all

Some French defensive positions in the front and on the background you can see the Nomansland:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7523/frenchdefensepositionsayj5.png

On that pic you see some of the French Fort:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3676/frenchfortfrontov9.png

@Sudayev-> that picture is absolut awesome really I like it a lot, and I look what I can do with the bunkers I have got the same probs banghead.gif just DL the NIM Mod weather addon, I think I will use it in my mission, thanks.

@ProfTournesol-> thumbs-up.gif great, no words for the pic of the trench raider units it is just great thumbs-up.gif

@ These pictures are for you bennie1983nl and some pages, the standard infantry rifle was the 1888 7.65mm Mauser

http://users.skynet.be/Belgian.militaria/wwiinsig.htm

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/new_pages/belgian_unifs_ww1.htm

80_Postcards_01.jpg

Uniforms_Belgian.jpg

Quote[/b] ]the standard infantry rifle was the 1888 7.65mm Mauser

Same one like the German rifle?

And i saw that early Belguim troops doesn't have helmets?

THX HxCxFxL

HxCxFxL, you've been here long enough to know that hotlinking images over 100KB is prohibited.

Some news of the trench weapons : the small German granatenwerfer (grenade launcher) : after firing (grenade off), before firing (grenade on), detail of the manufacturer badge :

ww1mort1nl0.jpg