Sign in to follow this  
icehollow

AI enhancements?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone might have worked on some AI behaviour mods, specifically, fixing AI behavior in urban environments.

I'm getting sick of arma to the point where I don't enjoy playing it when Urban firefights change from dramatic to looking like epileptic fits all over the city because the default AI behavior is to prone as soon as shots are fired in there direction. Also coupled with the fact that there is never a purpose for house clearing unless by some rare, EXTREMELY RARE, occasion that a lone AI has screwed his pathfinding and has ended up stuck inside a room.

I read SLX mod has fixed AI behavior to the point that AI will actually take and hold buildings without going prone in doorways etc (one video example showed AI inside a house leaning/peeking out the window and firing), however, lo and behold, SLX always CTD's for me at the menu.

So what I would like to know is if anyone managed to maybe seperate this component from SLX or maybe made a addon that I dunno, sets AI parameters so when AI units are blah meters to house/building object they force standup or crouch?

Cheers,

Ice.

Best AI enhancements you can get right now are:

- SLX/ECS combo with VFAI (look throught these threads)

or

- FFN Mod

or

- SIX Pack 3

or wait for

- ACE

If you exactly follow the install instructions for SLX and for ECS and apply all the availible patches, you will get a lot better AI. Although it is more demanding to your CPU of course.

SLX, ECS and FFN as Kroky stated. But for Urban environments and CQB, FFN really does a great job. Once you get used to some of the stuff included that would make more sense to be optional it's a great AI Mod.

Check the last 10 or so pages in the FFN thread for video examples of the modifications.

yep agree with what has been said,

FFN does a great job at urban firefights,building clearing etc...

i'd recommend it.

so downsides perhaps.

is that is restricts vehicles to crewman/pilots.

so you can't steal enemy vehicles as a officer or grenadier for example.

other then that,it's a must

yep agree with what has been said,

FFN does a great job at urban firefights,building clearing etc...

i'd recommend it.

so downsides perhaps.

other then that,it's a must

Sounds great, is there anyway to isolate the urban AI component?

I'm pretty sure it's a complete package.

give it a try i don't think you've be disappointed to be honest.

ever since i downloaded i don't play without it

I'm pretty sure it's a complete package.

give it a try i don't think you've be disappointed to be honest.

ever since i downloaded i don't play without it

Cheers, is there a seperate config file just containing the gameplay changes or do I have to download the whole mod?

EDIT: Nvrmind all good, thanks for the answers guys. smile_o.gif

so downsides perhaps.

You can .... BUT you have to edit the replacement.pbo.  I have done this and now I'm able to enter any vehicle and use it smile_o.gif

It works wonderfully.

[TAO] Kremator

Can this behaviour be resolved without having to download another mod. Im trying to get AI to fire over a wall but they keep dropping for cover. Can this be resolved with Setbehaviour/ setcombamode. So for instance if I setcombatmode to "RED" AND SETBEHAVIOUR TO "SAFE" will this keep him standing but also shoot?

so downsides perhaps.

You can .... BUT you have to edit the replacement.pbo.  I have done this and now I'm able to enter any vehicle and use it smile_o.gif

It works wonderfully.

[TAO] Kremator

yes, that's true , you can edit the replacement and delete the apropiate eventhandlers to customize the mod at your own like, i deactivated the crew check as well as other features i don't need and works even better than before with less lag.